🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
Looking at my bumper as I get ready to install my winch plate and winch this weekend (hopefully), I noticed the outermost top Bronco bolts don’t have enough room to get a torx socket and ratchet on the bolt to loosen it. it appears all I need to do is loosen it for the end cap to slide off. Anyone else seeing this ‘issue”? Not exactly east to remove like standard broncos with mod bumper.
227BDAD3-F623-4BBA-BC17-81EE63471BF7.jpeg

So I think the easiest solution would be to replace the bronco bolts with a hex head bolt. I’d be able to get a wrench on it and loosen it. Since I’ll be removing the bumper to strip the parking sensor harness the timing appears perfect. Anyone know if replacement hex bolts are easily come by or the bolt size?

note: the drivers Side bolt has a little more (but not enough) room to remove the bolt. It appears my bumper is slightly off center.

also considering just leaving end caps, pocket lights and mini air dam (that’s almost certainly going) off

OP
JohnGalt

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
I’m able to get a T-40 bit on, passenger side has less clearance but doable with some TLC.
View attachment 5425
View attachment 5426
View attachment 5427
I’ll have to go shopping for a very short bit for mine, but that might work Once I center the bumper. all my bits are way too long and I’m not sure I could even get a very short bit in as it sits . I’m still thinking a hex head may be simpler long term fix. Thanks for sharing!

DdYHrse

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 15, 2022
Gallery
Dallas, TX
Mine was the same way. Luckily they were not torqued down so much from the factory and it didn't strip out. I love the look without the end caps. I bought a wiring harness online that is supposed to steal back my aux 1 switch so I can use it for something other than the fogs , but I haven't hooked it all up yet. I wanted to hook up both front rigid lights to the switch on the headlamps, but I can't seem to find any info on how many amps that switch is rated for.

OP
JohnGalt

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Mine was the same way. Luckily they were not torqued down so much from the factory and it didn't strip out. I love the look without the end caps. I bought a wiring harness online that is supposed to steal back my aux 1 switch so I can use it for something other than the fogs , but I haven't hooked it all up yet. I wanted to hook up both front rigid lights to the switch on the headlamps, but I can't seem to find any info on how many amps that switch is rated for.
Got a picture of look without endcaps? I think I’ll go that route. The factory rigid lights don’t really add much And that little air dam thing has to go.

Top Member Reactions