Rock sliders

luterdan

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
Jacksonville, FL
Do people think the sliders ( minus the steps) are full featured and capable? Or do we need to look for aftermarket? I really like the RS engineering automatic step/sliders but don't like the price. But I wonder how much of a pain it will be to remove to stock steps we we want to have fun and how challenging it will be for people to get in without the step.

Last edited:

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
Do people think the sliders ( minus the steps) are full featured and capable? Or do we need to look for aftermarket? I really like the RS engineering automatic step/sliders but don't like the price. But I wonder how much of a pain it will be to remove to stock steps we we want to have fun and how challenging it will be for people to get in without the step.
I've seen multiple reports showing that the stock steps come off with 6 bolts (tool included with vehicle), leaving the rail still mounted. I think the step into the vehicle without help will be an athletic move.

I'm still likely to go with the RSE sliders, but I'll give the factory stuff a shot.

Rob41

Founding Member
Apr 19, 2022
Gallery
Northern MI
The RSE and Amp research are great for street use and light offroading....very convenient for sure. The RSE states they are trail ready and they are. Use them on the trails and light bumps and rubs. If you attempt to use them where they slam down on rocks they will bend....for sure.

For the more advanced off roading where the sliders will bear down on fixed objects, frame mounted robust rock sliders are what's needed. I have seen some of these with optional (and removable) steps to assist entry and exiting of the vehicle.

While not a master fabricator by any means, I'm fully capable of making my own set which I plan to do. Lots of great options out there for whatever level of off roading you do. I just prefer to make my own tailor fit to my tire width and taste.

Top Member Reactions