Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
I recently moved into a house with a nice sized three-car garage. The old owner was kind enough to repaint the garage floor for me before I moved in, but unfortunately, the paint didn't adhere well to the older garage floor paint that had already been down for several years. So the top layer of paint was starting to peel up and flake. I also realized that the garage floor was flat and didn't have any slope to it. So any water/snow that was brought in by a vehicle just puddled on the floor until it either evaporated or I mopped or squeegeed it out. Both of these issues were less than ideal so I needed to come up with a garage floor solution that would solve all my problems in one easy step. I considered doing an epoxy floor, but then that wouldn't have solved my water puddling issue and I've also heard that epoxy floors can be very slick when wet. I also considered tiling my garage to solve the paint peeling issue, but it would have been time-consuming, messy, and probably wouldn't have solved my water puddling issue either. So, Swisstrax garage flooring to the rescue!

I really liked the fact that I could install the Swisstrax flooring myself, I didn't need any special tools or equipment to install it, it wasn't messy, it solved my water puddling issue, and it also was very customizable. And to top it all off, I can easily remove it, take it with me or change it around! The Swisstrax Ribtrax Pro tiles allow water, snow, grit, and grime to flow through the tiles so the top surface of your garage floor always stays clean and dry.

After playing around with the Swisstrax Floor Designer tool and seeing a few sample pieces, I decided to go with Vinyltrax Pro tiles in Reclaimed Pine and Ribtrax Pro tiles in Slate Grey and Pearl Grey. For my situation I really liked the wood floor look all in the live/work areas of the garage as well as a border around the designated parking places. I used the Ribtrax Pro Slate Grey tiles as a parking border and then the Pearl Grey tiles in the middle of those parking pads.

Once I got the garage good and cleaned out the Swisstrax floor went down quickly! It's like legos for adults. I started in the front left corner of my garage and worked my way across the front of the garage doors to the other side, leaving the end tiles off that needed to be trimmed to fit into place. I did that row after row working my way to the back wall of the garage. After about five hours or so I had all the tiles that didn't need to be trimmed into place. I also took care to try and match the grain of the wood tiles so that each tile would flow into the next as if it was one continuous piece. If you only use the Ribtrax Pro tiles then there is nothing to match other than colors so you can really fly when installing those tiles! I should mention that my garage is about 1,000 sq ft in size and each end of the garage had complex angles or rounded corners. So I had a lot more intricate finish work and trimming than most garages will require. This finish-out process of trimming and fitting all the edge tiles took me of few more evenings of work. I would spend a couple of hours a night making cardboard templates, tracing them onto the tiles, and then cutting them out with a fine-tooth blade in a jigsaw. The level of finish-out is completely up to you and your garage space. I had a difficult-shaped garage and took care to trim and fit the tiles as precisely as I could so it truly looked like an expensive custom floor job. So in less than a week, without having to hire anyone, no messy grinding, no special machines or tools to rent or buy, I have a garage floor that not only solves all my issues but also looks amazing!

Here are the before and after pictures of my garage! I couldn't be happier with how it turned out! 🤗

IMG_0006.jpeg

IMG_0041.jpeg

IMG_0017.jpeg

IMG_0049.jpeg

IMG_0019.jpeg

IMG_0061.jpeg

IMG_0014.jpeg

IMG_0053.jpeg

Broadicustomworks

Founding Member
Sep 21, 2021
Gallery
Hanging Rock
Pushing $10k for my shop!
Plus I do a LOT of sanding, welding, painting, always wishing I had a “shop” and a “showroom”…
Looks amazing in yours.
As does the cleanliness and organization.!
My cluttered and very busy shop in the background.

Attachments

• 25B61B43-E634-4695-8475-7135A74179B1.jpeg
    25B61B43-E634-4695-8475-7135A74179B1.jpeg
    342.1 KB · Views: 140
OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
Pushing $10k for my shop!
Plus I do a LOT of sanding, welding, painting, always wishing I had a “shop” and a “showroom”…
Looks amazing in yours.
As does the cleanliness and organization.!
My cluttered and very busy shop in the background.
You've got a true workshop! This little garage is definitely more of a showroom. Since I sold my big shop I've had to learn how to get organized and squeeze a lot into a little bit of space. I'll be filling this garage with shelves and cabinets, but I wanted to get the floor down before I brought all that in.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Wow, awesome job! Congrats! Your story begins with exact same home garage flooring issue I have, commercial epoxied floor, seller touched it up for selling, it water puddles even with a sloop to the doors and of course the added epoxy is lifting. I've looked at the Swisstrax for a solution. Really appreciate your detailed write up. I've watched "Obsessed Garage" on YouTube for idea's however he is also in a warmer climate. Here in Michigan epoxy flooring never holds up if the garage has vehicles in and out during the winter even with forced air heat. I use floor jacks and jack stands and with the Swisstrax or any plastic type of flooring I was visioning a piece of plywood to place under each when in use.

Last edited:
OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
This flooring system has been great! It's handled the snow and puddling very well. I don't even know what I would have done with the snowy salty mess without this floor. It simply soaked it all up and has kept our floor nice and dry. I'm excited for warm weather to get here so I can clean and organize the garage again.

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
That looks great. I did something similar last year with Racedeck flooring...very happy with how it's working.
Thanks! I'm glad to hear you're happy with your floor as well. It makes the winter months so much easier to deal with.

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
I wish we had winter here. We used to, at least, get some rain for 'winter'...no such luck these last few years.

View attachment 590
Badass car! I've wanted one of those since they came out. They sound so awesome!

fuhrius

Founding Member
Mar 12, 2022
Gallery
Los Gatos, CA
Badass car! I've wanted one of those since they came out. They sound so awesome!
not sure why that pic came out sideways...but thanks. I was fortunate to get this one...it was the only R my dealer got in 2016. I ordered to color, Avalanche Grey, without ever having been able to see it in person. I just love the 'primer' look of it. It's a non-electronics package car (no radio, A/C, Nav, etc) which is perfect...I live in a mild climate and I only need to hear the sound of that motor to make me happy. It's probably the most bad-ass sounding street car I know of...though I'm a tad biased. And it's a true '1 of 1'...the only 'base' R in this color combo. It's a so-called 'dead man's' car...it will only leave my possession when I die. ;-)

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
not sure why that pic came out sideways...but thanks. I was fortunate to get this one...it was the only R my dealer got in 2016. I ordered to color, Avalanche Grey, without ever having been able to see it in person. I just love the 'primer' look of it. It's a non-electronics package car (no radio, A/C, Nav, etc) which is perfect...I live in a mild climate and I only need to hear the sound of that motor to make me happy. It's probably the most bad-ass sounding street car I know of...though I'm a tad biased. And it's a true '1 of 1'...the only 'base' R in this color combo. It's a so-called 'dead man's' car...it will only leave my possession when I die. ;-)
Sweet, my neighbor has a standard GT350, although nothing seems standard about a GT350 (non-R), and I totally agree with the awesome sound emitted out those big tailpipes. Awesome car, congrats.

fuhrius

Founding Member
Mar 12, 2022
Gallery
Los Gatos, CA
Sweet, my neighbor has a standard GT350, although nothing seems standard about a GT350 (non-R), and I totally agree with the awesome sound emitted out those big tailpipes. Awesome car, congrats.
The only difference in the sound of an R vs non-R is that the R has the resonators deleted. Many non-R owners do this aftermarket...it's quick and cheap to do.

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
That's fantastic! You're going to have the best of both worlds when you get your Bronco Raptor!

TCopp

Founding Member
Feb 27, 2022
Gallery
KC
Current Ride
Raptor
First Responder
Paramedic
I wish I had a garage worth doing this too. My small two car garage isn’t even worth it. Haha. My next house though, definitely!

@Dragoon, deleting the resonators was the first and only mod I did to my GT350. Sounds perfect as is.

djc007x

Founding Member
Apr 21, 2022
Gallery
Washington, DC
I recently moved into a house with a nice sized three-car garage. The old owner was kind enough to repaint the garage floor for me before I moved in, but unfortunately, the paint didn't adhere well to the older garage floor paint that had already been down for several years. So the top layer of paint was starting to peel up and flake. I also realized that the garage floor was flat and didn't have any slope to it. So any water/snow that was brought in by a vehicle just puddled on the floor until it either evaporated or I mopped or squeegeed it out. Both of these issues were less than ideal so I needed to come up with a garage floor solution that would solve all my problems in one easy step. I considered doing an epoxy floor, but then that wouldn't have solved my water puddling issue and I've also heard that epoxy floors can be very slick when wet. I also considered tiling my garage to solve the paint peeling issue, but it would have been time-consuming, messy, and probably wouldn't have solved my water puddling issue either. So, Swisstrax garage flooring to the rescue!

I really liked the fact that I could install the Swisstrax flooring myself, I didn't need any special tools or equipment to install it, it wasn't messy, it solved my water puddling issue, and it also was very customizable. And to top it all off, I can easily remove it, take it with me or change it around! The Swisstrax Ribtrax Pro tiles allow water, snow, grit, and grime to flow through the tiles so the top surface of your garage floor always stays clean and dry.

After playing around with the Swisstrax Floor Designer tool and seeing a few sample pieces, I decided to go with Vinyltrax Pro tiles in Reclaimed Pine and Ribtrax Pro tiles in Slate Grey and Pearl Grey. For my situation I really liked the wood floor look all in the live/work areas of the garage as well as a border around the designated parking places. I used the Ribtrax Pro Slate Grey tiles as a parking border and then the Pearl Grey tiles in the middle of those parking pads.

Once I got the garage good and cleaned out the Swisstrax floor went down quickly! It's like legos for adults. I started in the front left corner of my garage and worked my way across the front of the garage doors to the other side, leaving the end tiles off that needed to be trimmed to fit into place. I did that row after row working my way to the back wall of the garage. After about five hours or so I had all the tiles that didn't need to be trimmed into place. I also took care to try and match the grain of the wood tiles so that each tile would flow into the next as if it was one continuous piece. If you only use the Ribtrax Pro tiles then there is nothing to match other than colors so you can really fly when installing those tiles! I should mention that my garage is about 1,000 sq ft in size and each end of the garage had complex angles or rounded corners. So I had a lot more intricate finish work and trimming than most garages will require. This finish-out process of trimming and fitting all the edge tiles took me of few more evenings of work. I would spend a couple of hours a night making cardboard templates, tracing them onto the tiles, and then cutting them out with a fine-tooth blade in a jigsaw. The level of finish-out is completely up to you and your garage space. I had a difficult-shaped garage and took care to trim and fit the tiles as precisely as I could so it truly looked like an expensive custom floor job. So in less than a week, without having to hire anyone, no messy grinding, no special machines or tools to rent or buy, I have a garage floor that not only solves all my issues but also looks amazing!

Here are the before and after pictures of my garage! I couldn't be happier with how it turned out! 🤗

View attachment 51
View attachment 52
View attachment 53
View attachment 54
View attachment 55
View attachment 56
View attachment 57
View attachment 58
I see Mountains.. Are you in AZ?

fuhrius

Founding Member
Mar 12, 2022
Gallery
Los Gatos, CA
That is an awesome Ride Fuhrius. Almost purchased a GT350 but I couldn't part with the boss.View attachment 1172
Here is my summer ride. 2013 boss302 in Schoolbus Yellow
awesome Boss. I had a Performance White '12 Boss...loved that car...but I had to sell it to make way for the GT350R. I wish I could have rationalized keeping both. The Boss made a big impression on my family...my nephew has since dropped in on a '13 SBY just like yours. Great cars!

Top Member Reactions