To Bumper or Not to Bumper

KeepitDirty

Founding Member
Feb 1, 2022
Here
Can't decide on whether to get new bumpers or not. Feel a winch is necessary no matter whether I am doing dunes or forested rocky trails. Would rather have the resources when needed even if I never use it. Have looked at the hidden winch at Rough Country but feel the bash plate is a bit small.

On the other hand JRC has a nice option for attachment to the std Raptor bumper. It does add a bit of length to the vehicle but unlikely to affect it too much.

The final option from ADD offers a really nice option for bumper, winch and light in the bumper which I prefer to above windshield. Obviously a bit costly but doable.

These will be my first real vehicle mods so learning as I go. Opinions?

ADD bumper looks great and priced accordingly. I would be concerned/avoid the RC hidden unit as you mention is a small skid and not neccessarily "bash" ready, would hate to drive a winch into the engine bay. I'm expecting there will be several quality Bronco Raptor bumpers on the near horizon that will not limit current Bronco Raptor design functionality.

ADD bumper looks great and priced accordingly. I would be concerned/avoid the RC hidden unit as you mention is a small skid and not neccessarily "bash" ready, would hate to drive a winch into the engine bay. I'm expecting there will be several quality Bronco Raptor bumpers on the near horizon that will not limit current Bronco Raptor design functionality.
Great point about weak skid plate and potential dangers. I like the appearance of the factory skid plate which makes me lean toward just adding a winch to factory bumper. Not sure how strong the ADD plate will be.

A friend received this winch mount from Rough Country. I will let the pic speak for itself.

Attachments

• 9EF97449-6A58-40B6-8B25-F9FB76FD0881.jpeg
    9EF97449-6A58-40B6-8B25-F9FB76FD0881.jpeg
    133.4 KB · Views: 107
Well...it's definitely "rough"! 😬

Front Winch
I have the RC high mount, PN 51067, w/ 20" light bar and a WARN ZEON 10s winch, PN 89611. M2M Bronco front camera relocation bracket, PN BR6FCRL. ZROADZ Mid-Length Hoop (bolt-on), PN 4919588843.
Still waiting for the BRaptor build date of 30-JAN, but felt the need to take advantage of Black Friday sales.

Front Winch
I have the RC high mount, PN 51067, w/ 20" light bar and a WARN ZEON 10s winch, PN 89611. M2M Bronco front camera relocation bracket, PN BR6FCRL. ZROADZ Mid-Length Hoop (bolt-on), PN 4919588843.
Still waiting for the BRaptor build date of 30-JAN, but felt the need to take advantage of Black Friday sales.
Like your plan, picking up my Raptor this weekend. I may do the same just to get the winch mounted and cables run then consider a custom bumper when they are produced. Spoke with the Addictive Desert Designs and DV8 Off-road groups and they anticipate Raptor specific production early in the year.

Back