Towing a small travel trailer with the Bronco Raptor?

supersix

Go for Launch!
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
U-S-A
Current Ride
2021 Bronco FE
I've been doing research on several small trailers that the Bronco Raptor would be able to pull. Does anyone have experience with the new Rove Lite Campers? They have several models that weigh under 2000 pounds. Seems like a great length/weight combo that the Bronco could handle easily.

rove-lite-campers.jpg

broncosaurus

Founding Member
Sep 18, 2021
Gallery
Utah
I think the Airstream Basecamp 16x would be a nice fit paired with the Bronco. It might need a lift though!

Basecamp stays true to the roots of Airstream founder Wally Byam’s Credo, which aims “To provide a more satisfying, meaningful way of travel that of - fers complete independence.” With a base weight of just 2,585 pounds and maximum trailer capacity (GVWR) of 3,500 pounds,

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
I can't see the Braptor towing more than the current Bronco models so it would probably be best to use the current Bronco towing and payload specs.

OP
supersix

supersix

Go for Launch!
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
U-S-A
Current Ride
2021 Bronco FE
I can't see the Braptor towing more than the current Bronco models so it would probably be best to use the current Bronco towing and payload specs.

If it has a softer suspension and bigger tires, I think it might be even less.

OP
supersix

supersix

Go for Launch!
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
U-S-A
Current Ride
2021 Bronco FE
Lance showed off a new tear drop style off-road camper at SEMA this year. Specs haven't been released, but it would be awesome if this was within the Bronco Raptor's towing capability.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
That little trailer has features galore! It will be interesting to hear how much it weighs.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
That Vorsheer XOC is perfect for towing behind a Bronco! Looks like it will go just about anywhere the Bronco will go.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
The new Winnebago Hike 100 FLX looks like it could be a great option for those looking for a lightweight off-road trailer to tow with their Bronco Raptor.

Full walk-through of Winnebago's Hike 100 FLX travel trailer. This lightweight travel trailer boasts all Truma appliances (VarioHeat, AquaGo water heater and Aventa A/C) with lithium batteries and solar power so you can stay off-grid. This small camper trailer also has off-road suspension, a water recycling system and a bunch of other goodies. The back can be converted into a toy hauler or used to sleep friends and family.

Top Member Reactions