Two Bronco Raptors auctioned at Cars and Cigars - both for $145K!

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Posted by musicman on Bronco6g

"I was at Cars and Cigars charity auction in Michigan last Thursday, and one of the auction items was a Bronco Raptor. The bidding was out of control and hit $145k. Once the hammer dropped they said they could do a second one, which sold for 145k!! Madness! Proceeds went to several charities including the Fuente foundation for schools in the Dominican Republic."

1655322700815.png

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
Solid auction numbers! I wonder how low the VINs were on these Braptors?

fuhrius

Founding Member
Mar 12, 2022
Gallery
Los Gatos, CA
Nope. Wouldn't sell at that price. Tomorrows are not guaranteed -- looking forward to driving this beast and enjoying the moment!
While my comment was a bit tongue-in-cheek (relating to the good causes that this auction supports), I'd still likely be a seller at that price. I share the view that tomorrows are not guaranteed and I'm trying to wring as much fun out of each day as I can...I'd just enjoy the moment with something else that the $145k would buy (or $60k-ish free of free money).

I've already owned one Bronco...the FE that I just sold. I bought it with the intention of doing an 'extended test drive' to see if it would be a better fit for me than my F150 Raptor. It wasn't. And while the BRaptor will certainly be better in so many ways than the FE, it will have still some of the core deficiencies (for my use).

It's not likely, of course, that anyone will give me $145k for mine...so the likely path is to take delivery of the BRaptor (whenever that is....) and do the same 'extended test drive,' knowing that if it's not a great fit for me, I'll still be able to get it sold with good economics.

And, FWIW, I am expecting that the BRap will be an amazing vehicle...all the Ford Performance vehicles that I've owned have been outstanding...no reason to believe this will be any different.

Toffs

Founding Member
Mar 31, 2022
Gallery
Atlanta
While my comment was a bit tongue-in-cheek (relating to the good causes that this auction supports), I'd still likely be a seller at that price. I share the view that tomorrows are not guaranteed and I'm trying to wring as much fun out of each day as I can...I'd just enjoy the moment with something else that the $145k would buy (or $60k-ish free of free money).

I've already owned one Bronco...the FE that I just sold. I bought it with the intention of doing an 'extended test drive' to see if it would be a better fit for me than my F150 Raptor. It wasn't. And while the BRaptor will certainly be better in so many ways than the FE, it will have still some of the core deficiencies (for my use).

It's not likely, of course, that anyone will give me $145k for mine...so the likely path is to take delivery of the BRaptor (whenever that is....) and do the same 'extended test drive,' knowing that if it's not a great fit for me, I'll still be able to get it sold with good economics.

And, FWIW, I am expecting that the BRap will be an amazing vehicle...all the Ford Performance vehicles that I've owned have been outstanding...no reason to believe this will be any different.
Absolutely- to each their own - this world would be a boring place if we all thought the same! I guarantee you will be able to make a sizable profit selling it upon delivery (just left a dealer that sold a Raptor F150 for $50K over (37 pkg)). Merely a personal decision; I wish you the best (and hope you beat the $145K!).

Top Member Reactions