Ultimate Crash Battle! Raptor FULL Send to FLAT, Jeep Rubicon gets ROLLED by the Whoops - By Hoonigan

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
The 17 minute video demostrates what NOT to do with your Bronco Raptor... Fortunately no life threatening injuries occurred.

Johnny Rebel

Jul 11, 2023
Gallery
LA
Current Ride
Bronco Big Bend
Current Ride #2
Bronco Raptor
The hit that Raptor took was brutal! Was also surprised at how much damage the Jeep took in the rollover.

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
The hit that Raptor took was brutal! Was also surprised at how much damage the Jeep took in the rollover.
Agreed on the Jeep. The fact that the hard-top was destroyed wasn't a big deal but the rear rollbars being completely collapsed was a surprise. He almost seemed proud of the incident.

That F150 certainly gave it a full send but I suspect that wasn't as much on purpose as opposed to he just hit the accelerator a little more and a little too long.

That course is tailor made for train-wrecks, especially when you add-in the egos of running side/side.

Johnny Rebel

Jul 11, 2023
Gallery
LA
Current Ride
Bronco Big Bend
Current Ride #2
Bronco Raptor
Agreed on the Jeep. The fact that the hard-top was destroyed wasn't a big deal but the rear rollbars being completely collapsed was a surprise. He almost seemed proud of the incident.

That F150 certainly gave it a full send but I suspect that wasn't as much on purpose as opposed to he just hit the accelerator a little more and a little too long.

That course is tailor made for train-wrecks, especially when you add-in the egos of running side/side.
I'm glad you saw that roll bar, too. Thought maybe I was just overly sensitive to it, but the truth is, that wasn't too bad of a rollover and it absolutely destroyed the rollbars. In the same situation, the Bronco fares much better than what I saw from that particular Jeep.

Think you're correct on the F150. I think he probably wanted to get "a little more" air than his previous run, but mis-judged it. Definitely a full send!

Really glad nobody was seriously hurt, but I'll admit I enjoyed watching it. Definitely some good lessons to be learned from their misfortune.

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
I'm glad you saw that roll bar, too. Thought maybe I was just overly sensitive to it, but the truth is, that wasn't too bad of a rollover and it absolutely destroyed the rollbars. In the same situation, the Bronco fares much better than what I saw from that particular Jeep.

Think you're correct on the F150. I think he probably wanted to get "a little more" air than his previous run, but mis-judged it. Definitely a full send!

Really glad nobody was seriously hurt, but I'll admit I enjoyed watching it. Definitely some good lessons to be learned from their misfortune.

My lesson learned: don't do this with my own vehicle.

OP
TurboS

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Both drivers were very fortunate to have Luck on their side. The Raptor appeared to have the hardest hit. The Jeep had an aftermarket long travel suspension, both had larger shocks, but neither were a 500k trophy truck capable of handling that speed on those jumps.
From my years of experience in various motorsports I've learned to respect the machine, as it's always tougher than the human body.

When I initially seen the video picture above, I ignored it as I was certain it was some online gaming video! :giggle:

Roughstock

Jul 1, 2023
Gallery
Arizona
Military
ex Army
Current Ride
2023 Shadow Black Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 BMW GS 1250 Adventure
I don't mind taking some risks but these guys take it to a whole new level. Not for me dude. I will leave it at that..... One wrong move on a dirt bike or enduro bike at high speeds and it can be bad but at least you are using your experience to minimize the risks. I am not sure what these guys are doing.

OP
TurboS

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
For anyone interested in behind the scenes from the Jeep drivers perspective and how it all went down. Amazingly, this red Rubicon was repaired/restored and was at SEMA 2023, just 3 months after the above accident. 49 minute interview containing lots of photo's and video clips within.

Did Hoonigan Do Him Dirty?! VIRAL JEEP WRECK EXPLAINED! - By Lite Brite​

"At this point, everyone in the off road community (and the automotive community in general) has seen the viral Jeep wreck from Hoonigan's recent This vs That Off Road episode. The question is, did Hoonigan do him dirty by not airing the walk-around of his Jeep Wrangler build or his driver interview?"

Top Member Reactions