Gallery
Arizona
Military
ex Army
Current Ride
2023 Shadow Black Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 BMW GS 1250 Adventure
We just got back from Moab. I scratch and bounced off all the protection we have. The RCI rock rails got a slight scratch.

All our Foutz protection got hit. The lower shock mounts at least twice, the diff cover (twice) the rear trailing arm brackets got hit a lot (four times each side) and their large aluminum skid got scratch (twice?) and one hard smack (once). I will have to take some pics.

The smack was on the last ledge on the last trail in view of the parking lot below. I wasn't paying attention and talking with my wife and bang. Real hard. Slightly dented the skid and big scratches just below the cross member that don't have protection.

I was there a few weeks ago by myself for three days and my wife and I were there for a week about a week ago and have been travelling since.

I took a guy out when I was there by myself and we scraped a fair bit and he said that protection has paid for itself easily. I agree.

I will do a summary of the trip one day soon. It was awesome as we still have a bit of travelling to finish.

Look at FMI, Foutz Motorsports. I know others here have their stuff. It is solid and it seems to be one of the best.

I just clicked on your links. Get them you will be happy.

OP
95BK9

95BK9

Founding Member
Mar 27, 2022
Gallery
Ohio
Military
US Army Military Police K9
Current Ride
2023 Aera 51 Braptor
Current Ride #2
2006 Ranger FX4 Level II
First Responder
Former Police

Roughstock

Thanks for the input, and what is needed in the real off road world.

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
Ok, Paul Harvey, tell us which trails you were on.
And now for the rest of the story…. We’re showing some age here…

I have Foutz rear Shock skids, rear lower arm bracket skids and the rear diff cover as well as RCI sliders. All took hits last week in Moab and Kanab, with one particularly nice shred of the drivers lower arm Skid HDPE. But I didn’t get a chance to assess much else as I left my ride in Moab with a dead (and unattainable) alternator.

All the skids are doing their jobs, but I also feel like I take more minor hits from the loss of clearance from installing the skids. I’ll be doing a mild lift and bigger tires in a future end of season upgrade.

I didn’t see it on your list, but the Foutz Rear lower arm bracket skids, might be the most useful. Those brackets have a very steep forward edge and like to get hung on big ledges, etc. the HDPE makes for a surprisingly smooth slide over FWIW

Last edited:

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
Things that go bump…. Front bash plate was from two different hits after an overly spirited exits from a wash. The FMI bracket skids, FMI diff skid and the FMI shock mount skids are taking some hits and doing their job. Probably would be less scrapes without them as they all reduce some clearance to provide great protection

I’ve got a variety of scrapes on the OEM gas tank, tranny and transfer case skids, but no significant damage. LCAs are taking some hits. Only one scrape on my winch mount from a very steep incline transition.

OEM modular bumper is untouched, but I had the ends off for quite awhile. I had scraped my rear bumper and especially the recovery hoops. I replaced it with ADD Rock Fighter and it’s clean (although I have bent the crap out of my license plate numerous times).

RCI sliders have taken a few drops and pivots, the powder coat is scuffed but no structural damage

I probably wheel my Raptor a lot more than most owners, but while I try to limit damage I’m a terrible driver, so stuff happens…. Here’s pictures of what you might expect as you plan your add ons…

fMI shock mount skid
IMG_2239.jpeg
IMG_2260.jpeg

FMI Diff skid
IMG_2300.jpeg

FMI lower control Arm skid and RCI frame mount slider
IMG_2271.jpeg

why I think painting the bash plate is silly…
IMG_2279.jpeg

LCA the worse one by far
IMG_2285.jpeg

stock skids
IMG_2287.jpeg

another FMI rear control arm skid
IMG_2288.jpeg

cross brace is exposed, OEM skids leave this exposed, but only one decent hit so far
IMG_2289.jpeg

the other FMI shock skid
IMG_2291.jpeg
IMG_2292.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2232.jpeg
    IMG_2232.jpeg
    347.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2253.jpeg
    IMG_2253.jpeg
    270.1 KB · Views: 1

Apache 8

Founding Member
Feb 18, 2022
SoCal
I would hate to see what the trail looks like 🤣 Gold star and blue ribbon to you for getting your money’s worth not only out of that heroic Raptor of yours but also the arsenal of after market protection components you equipped it with. Well played sir, well played!

Losy

Founding Member
Apr 9, 2022
Gallery
Long Beach, CA
I have the Whipple tune and intercooler. They really wake up the BRaptor. It's worth the money. The tune eliminates the downshift harshness in sport mode as well as improves the transmission response with added torque.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
I have installed the Borla 140934 last night but still need to do final alignment adjustments and final torque down. I did a couple of brief startup's during installation and I think I'm going to "Love it".

Call Lethal Performance or Ford Performance to ask about the warranty. My understanding is Ford Performance has the Whipple Tune, and maybe others, so that future Ford Performance software updates don't compromise the engine durability when the Whipple Tune is already installed. 24 years ago I installed one of the early Whipple superchargers on my GMC truck, after 20 years and almost 300k trouble and incident free miles, it was the best automotive upgrade I ever installed. There may be a faster tune at the track, but Dustin Whipple tunes offer great daily driver torque in the rpm range where you will use it on every drive.

OP
95BK9

95BK9

Founding Member
Mar 27, 2022
Gallery
Ohio
Military
Current Ride
2023 Aera 51 Braptor
Current Ride #2
2006 Ranger FX4 Level II
First Responder
Former Police
TurboS;
Thanks, I did order the Borla:
Borla Cat-Back Exhaust System ATAK 2022-2024 Ford Bronco Raptor | bor140935
I ordered the high clearance climber, Version.

I also ordered the FMI Parts:

2022 + BRONCO RAPTOR REAR LOWER ARM FRAME GUARD WITH HDPE SLIDE

2022 - UP BRONCO RAPTOR REAR SHOCK SKID KIT

2022 FORD BRONCO RAPTOR REAR DIFFERENTIAL SKID PLATE

I am mostly in on the Whipple tune, I did talk to a Ford dealer, and they said it's a dealer decision to with the warranty and the Whipple Tune. if It's something the Tune changed that can be suspected of the failure, it might disqualify the warranty.
They did say that it may report to FordPass its the Whipple tune is installed.

OP
95BK9

95BK9

Founding Member
Mar 27, 2022
Gallery
Ohio
Military
Current Ride
2023 Aera 51 Braptor
Current Ride #2
2006 Ranger FX4 Level II
First Responder
Former Police
I have installed the Borla 140934 last night but still need to do final alignment adjustments and final torque down. I did a couple of brief startup's during installation and I think I'm going to "Love it".

Call Lethal Performance or Ford Performance to ask about the warranty. My understanding is Ford Performance has the Whipple Tune, and maybe others, so that future Ford Performance software updates don't compromise the engine durability when the Whipple Tune is already installed. 24 years ago I installed one of the early Whipple superchargers on my GMC truck, after 20 years and almost 300k trouble and incident free miles, it was the best automotive upgrade I ever installed. There may be a faster tune at the track, but Dustin Whipple tunes offer great daily driver torque in the rpm range where you will use it on every drive.
Thanks for the update.
So how was the sound improved?

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Thanks for the update.
So how was the sound improved?
At startup the normal mode is louder, enough that most may leave in normal mode, has the Borla ATAK tuned rasp to it, Sport is even louder and more of the rasp, Baja is deeper and possibly not a much rasp. I'm thinking I may like normal and sport modes the best, but a idle it's too early to tell. My preference may change once it's on the road and the turbos and rev's spool up.

OP
95BK9

95BK9

Founding Member
Mar 27, 2022
Gallery
Ohio
Military
Current Ride
2023 Aera 51 Braptor
Current Ride #2
2006 Ranger FX4 Level II
First Responder
Former Police
Thanks for the information. It will be interesting to see what the Intercooler and tune do together for HP increase.
I was told the S&B cold air intake added 17 HP, but no torque to the Braptor.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions