Watch This Before Removing Your Bronco’s Doors and Top - By Driving Line (aka DesertChief)

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
By our very first BROTM winner: @DesertChief

"As the weather warms up, it’s not uncommon to find more Broncos and Jeeps with their doors and tops removed. In fact, the popularity of this feature has driven the demand for more open adventure vehicles for decades, which ultimately led Ford to offer the new Bronco with fully removable doors and tops. But how practical is it to drive without them?"

"Matt sets out on this episode to answer for himself whether the removable doors and top on his Bronco are features worth utilizing or just gimmicks to get people to buy them. Clearly, having open air in an off-road vehicle is nothing new, and the freedom that comes with it can be exhilarating to enthusiasts. But taking off your doors and top can have its downsides as well."

"Throughout this episode, Matt shows us the proper process for removing your hard top and doors on the new Bronco, then takes us on a test-drive to describe some tips and tricks to driving without them, and finally gives us his own verdict on the practicality of driving around town and the trails in an open air vehicle. We hope this video helps you decide if removing your doors and top is worth it or not."

0:00 | Intro
0:40 | How to Remove Bronco Doors
2:41 | How to Remove Bronco Top
5:52 | Tips for Driving Without Your Roof and Doors
10:03 | Should You Take Off Your Bronco Doors and Roof?

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
Makes me want a TopLift or RollNJack that much more. But with the Tuffy Deck Enclosure installed I know the TopLift won't work.

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
27 yrs SAR, Wilderness EMT, retired
Makes me want a TopLift or RollNJack that much more. But with the Tuffy Deck Enclosure installed I know the TopLift won't work.
I was eyeballing the Roll-n-Jack. But seriously considering a ceiling mounted pulley system to lift from the rack.

Tye

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Gallery
Bay Area
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Porsche GT3
Would be curious if his thoughts change in terms of safety with the Ford Tube Doors on

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
Well done and very informative, thank you for making this video!

Top Member Reactions