What is this bolt for and why is it there?

TheLawnDart

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 25, 2022
Gallery
Ft Worth
Military
Air Force
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
56D2FC9D-2D21-46D0-BCA9-A33CD1B25249.jpeg

Right behind the bumper there’s this bolt that hangs down a little and is visible from the front. Just curious why it’s there and if I need it.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
That is where the crash bar extension slides in on the Bronco, on our Bronco Raptors there isn't room for the extension, therefore not added. Guessing the bolt is there to keep the threads clean or a anchor point during the black electro-coating process on the frame. I think that crash bar extension may also be missing on the Sasquatch Broncos.

OP
TheLawnDart

TheLawnDart

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 25, 2022
Gallery
Ft Worth
Military
Air Force
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
That is where the crash bar extension slides in on the Bronco, on our Bronco Raptors there isn't room for the extension, therefore not added. Guessing the bolt is there to keep the threads clean or a anchor point during the black electro-coating process on the frame. I think that crash bar extension may also be missing on the Sasquatch Broncos.
Awesome, thank you! I was thinking it may be for the crash bar, but wasn’t sure if there was anyone other use for it. I’m planning on just taking it off unless anyone can think of a reason to keep it there

BluetheRaptor

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Oct 26, 2022
Gallery
Maryville, TN
Current Ride
‘22 Bronco Raptor Velocity Blue
I got caps from Elev8 offroad for mine. They look super nice to finish out the opening!

Attachments

• 08567F30-4862-4AD2-86D2-A64B969F7F5B.jpeg
    08567F30-4862-4AD2-86D2-A64B969F7F5B.jpeg
    96 KB · Views: 61
OP
TheLawnDart

TheLawnDart

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 25, 2022
Gallery
Ft Worth
Military
Air Force
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Oh nice I like that! Here’s the Link if anyone else finds this. Did you get the optional bolts or keep the OEM ones?

OP
TheLawnDart

TheLawnDart

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 25, 2022
Gallery
Ft Worth
Military
Air Force
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Awesome, thanks for the help! Going to do the same and put the OEM bolts in a growing pile of other bolts that I’ll definitely use some day.

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
Oh nice I like that! Here’s the Link if anyone else finds this. Did you get the optional bolts or keep the OEM ones?

I've seen a couple of solutions like this and thought about purchasing, just haven't pulled the trigger. I prefer not to have logos everywhere (not that this one is really seen) but if it were a blank cover then I'd probably fall for it and pull the trigger. I also notice that you can order with or without the hardware. The OEM bolt is too short to connect across the gap and the cover actually uses 2 bolts (both longer) to secure it...so seems like a better idea to purchase with the extra hardware.

Don't think the rear cover applies to the BRaptor.

Top Member Reactions