What size tire chains - SZ486 or SZ492 Peerless Z8

WhiskeyMike

Founding Member
Feb 2, 2022
Gallery
Vancouver
Finally got my Braptor on Saturday and getting ready for a December trip. Used Z8 cable chains on my Wrangler and they worked well. Want a set for the Braptor - but what are others using - on Wrangler just used one pair on front.

Sizing is tricky can't tell whether I need SZ486 or SZ492

Can anyone assist?

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Congrats on taking delivery! 🍻 I'm going to let someone else reply in regards to the chains as you already have more experience with them than myself.

OP
W

WhiskeyMike

Founding Member
Feb 2, 2022
Gallery
Vancouver
Congrats on taking delivery! 🍻 I'm going to let someone else reply in regards to the chains as you already have more experience with them than myself.
I heard back from Peerless this morning (great customer service!) And they said for a 37 x 12.50 R17 I should order a SZ492. I have used these 8mm cable chains on two others vehicles and they are great.

On my Wrangler with 33 inch KO2s I ran just one set on the front and found they worked well but only used them off road at low speed.

For the Braptor should I run them on the back or front?

Airgrizz

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Apr 6, 2022
Gallery
Montana
Military
Army
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2007 Shelby Mustang SC/GT
I heard back from Peerless this morning (great customer service!) And they said for a 37 x 12.50 R17 I should order a SZ492. I have used these 8mm cable chains on two others vehicles and they are great.

On my Wrangler with 33 inch KO2s I ran just one set on the front and found they worked well but only used them off road at low speed.

For the Braptor should I run them on the back or front?
Try them both ways. Depending on vehicle balance and more/less positive steering will give you what you need to make a decision. I am curious as well to which way works best. Worse case buy two sets and chain up all four.

Good luck.

Top Member Reactions