Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
I was supposed to be #1 on the list for a Bronco Raptor at one of the largest Ford dealerships in Texas. I made them start a list over a year ago when I heard rumblings of the Bronco Raptor and just found out that the manager I had negotiated all that with left the dealership a couple of months ago. So now I've been forgotten and the first round of Bronco Raptor allocations was given to other people. To make matters worse, I ordered a fully loaded Badlands last year in hopes to get a golden ticket. I was denied my request for a golden ticket and that ordered Bronco showed up this week. I went to purchase my ordered Bronco and the dealer surprised me with a $10k ADM to my order. After calling Ford several times and trying to negotiate with my local dealership, I had to turn down my Bronco order because they were insistent on keeping the ADM. Needless to say, I'm really disappointed right now about this whole buying process.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
That sucks, there will be BR's being flipped and others that simply may not meet someones needs that will be hitting the market, we'll keep a lookout for you. Also, Ford stated the BR demand exceeded their expectations, so we know another MY will be coming.
Meanwhile, buy a few more raffle tickets, I really want to see you WIN one of them!

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
So they took your Bronco Raptor order and gave it to someone else?

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
So they took your Bronco Raptor order and gave it to someone else?
I think once my guy at the dealership left the person that replaced him put his clients in front of me. Basically, I lost my representation there and I fell through the cracks is what it's sounding like.

Cupholders

Founding Member
Mar 10, 2022
Gallery
Mass
Military
Army & Air National Guard
Current Ride
Jeep Rubicon
Did you put in an order for one? How could they take away your allocation if you ordered one in your name?

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
The dealer was supposed to give me the first dealer allocation that they received. I sent them my build and everything the day the order banks opened and "my guy" said he would spec it out for me and let me know if and when they got an allocation. Since then they said they hadn't received an allocation so I was just being patient and trusting the process. Fast forward a couple of months and now I find out that was all bogus.

MIBraptor

Founding Member
Jul 21, 2022
Gallery
Marquette, MI
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
The dealer was supposed to give me the first dealer allocation that they received. I sent them my build and everything the day the order banks opened and "my guy" said he would spec it out for me and let me know if and when they got an allocation. Since then they said they hadn't received an allocation so I was just being patient and trusting the process. Fast forward a couple of months and now I find out that was all bogus.
That sucks. Sorry to hear. Everything happens for a reason…maybe 2023 will have some big improvements!

Ranger345

Founding Member
Jan 6, 2022
Gallery
Gretna ne
Did the dealer ever give you a build sheet with your order #? You kind of dropped the ball the day the Raptor was announced and contacted your dealer that day. I was not a golden ticket winner and like you went to them (many dealers) when it was called a warthog putting me or creating a list. My dealer was allocated 5 with being #1 on the list.

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
Did the dealer ever give you a build sheet with your order #? You kind of dropped the ball the day the Raptor was announced and contacted your dealer that day. I was not a golden ticket winner and like you went to them (many dealers) when it was called a warthog putting me or creating a list. My dealer was allocated 5 with being #1 on the list.
No, at the time they didn't have an allocation, or at least that's what they told me. They said as soon as they did they would submit my order. Come to find out, it was just a bunch of smoke.

Porque No

Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
San Antonio, TX
I was supposed to be #1 on the list for a Bronco Raptor at one of the largest Ford dealerships in Texas. I made them start a list over a year ago when I heard rumblings of the Bronco Raptor and just found out that the manager I had negotiated all that with left the dealership a couple of months ago. So now I've been forgotten and the first round of Bronco Raptor allocations was given to other people. To make matters worse, I ordered a fully loaded Badlands last year in hopes to get a golden ticket. I was denied my request for a golden ticket and that ordered Bronco showed up this week. I went to purchase my ordered Bronco and the dealer surprised me with a $10k ADM to my order. After calling Ford several times and trying to negotiate with my local dealership, I had to turn down my Bronco order because they were insistent on keeping the ADM. Needless to say, I'm really disappointed right now about this whole buying process.
That totally stinks and then you lose your Badlands to boot. It’s sad how Ford is just washing their hands of dealer markups on reservations.

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
Anything in writing?
Just text messages which I sent to the new manager. They have come through before so I thought I was in good hands, but it seems as though I just got unlucky.

On a positive note, the 2023 Corvette Z06 order banks opened today and I successfully placed an order for one! Got the confirmation from GM and everything! So I will be giving my Ford dealers deuces as I rumble past them in a new Z06!

Screen Shot 2022-07-28 at 4.47.08 PM.png

MIBraptor

Founding Member
Jul 21, 2022
Gallery
Marquette, MI
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
That totally stinks and then you lose your Badlands to boot. It’s sad how Ford is just washing their hands of dealer markups on reservations.
Completely agree! Ford wants consumers to reserve direct but then they defer to the dealer for all pricing and issue resolution.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Congrats on the Z06!!! :cool: Every time you start it, you are going smile, and it won't be because your thinking of a Bronco Raptor. :giggle:

Then again, it's always possible you get a Bronco Raptor before the Z06... 🤔

Last edited:

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
@Dragoon, to summarize what just happened to you today:

You had a passonate love for your hot girl friend, "BBTYJDY", for almost a year, you made plans last March for a wonderful future together, then out of the blue today she just Dumped you! Then your ex hot girl friends cousin (#2 hot girl friend) shows up and demands $10k extra for reasons unknown and you slam the door on her. You realized you had been deceived... so broken hearted, you simply mail ordered a different hot new model that has this Sexy Exotic Foreign sounding accent and she is simply World Class Stunning!!

WOW! Well Done my friend!! 🍻 Just don't be surprised though when the original hot girl friend shows up again as you may need to make room and accomodate both :giggle:

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
@Dragoon, to summarize what just happened to you today:

You had a passonate love for your hot girl friend, "BBTYJDY", for almost a year, you made plans last March for a wonderful future together, then out of the blue today she just Dumped you! Then your ex hot girl friends cousin (#2 hot girl friend) shows up and demands $10k extra for reasons unknown and you slam the door on her. You realized you had been deceived... so broken hearted, you simply mail ordered a different hot new model that has this Sexy Foriegn sounding accent and is simply World Class Stunning!!

WOW! Well Done my friend!! 🍻 Just don't be surprised though when the original hot girl friend shows up again as you may need to make room and accomodate both :giggle:
LOL, I think you summed it up perfectly! I'm sure the original hot girlfriend will still come back around at some point so I'm not closing the door just yet. ;)

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
Well, the original girlfriend showed back up today! I got lucky and stumbled into a Bronco Raptor allocation today! I submitted my build a few hours ago and now I'm happily waiting again. 🍻

Top Member Reactions