Who has taken delivery? Post your Pictures!

JOPO

Founding Member
Apr 18, 2022
NL, Texas
sweet truck man, thanks for the review. can you elaborate a bit on what your doing for the ppf and on the cost and where its applied? thanks
Awesome review ! I just picked mine up yesterday ! I love it! I had a question maybe someone can answer. Does the BR have when you put your turn signal on it shows up on the camera screen?

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
I’m still deciding XPel Ultimate vs Stealth and will make the final call Jan 2 when I take my truck in. I love the way Code Orange pops, but I just discovered someone else in my area with a Code Orange Braptor. If I like the stealth, I’ll do that to differentiate from that and the many other Code Orange Braptors to come. Unfortunately my wife has a gray stealthed Defender, so not sure I want to be the stealth family either.

I will wrap all exposed painted surfaces. ive always focused on leading edges on other cars, but since this will throw rocks and the certainty of trail pinstriping, I’m wrapping all exposed surfaces, headlights, and door sills. I might do a black highlight on the shark gills.

an additional consideration for me on doing stealth is that there are plenty of surfaces that wouldn’t be wrapped that would get exposed with top and doors off. I’m still thinking about wrapping the roll cage or living without it If I do stealth.

i received estimates ranging from $5 to $7k in CA. Everything is more expensive here.

shops seem to lump the Bronco in as full sized SUV. A reasonable negotiating tactic to reducing the price is pointing out the top, mirrors, flares are not getting wrapped reducing material and labor cost. That worked on getting me on getting the lower end of the estimate range. Also as more shops do Broncos/Raptors they’ll get more comfortable with process and margins, hopefully prices will come down some. It’s a lot of cheese.

JOPO

Founding Member
Apr 18, 2022
NL, Texas
Awesome review ! I just picked mine up yesterday ! I love it! I had a question maybe someone can answer. Does the BR have when you put your turn signal on it shows up on the camera screen?
Anyone know about if it has a turn signal camera ? I think I need to go to the Bronco Off Rodeo

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
I’m still deciding XPel Ultimate vs Stealth and will make the final call Jan 2 when I take my truck in. I love the way Code Orange pops, but I just discovered someone else in my area with a Code Orange Braptor. If I like the stealth, I’ll do that to differentiate from that and the many other Code Orange Braptors to come. Unfortunately my wife has a gray stealthed Defender, so not sure I want to be the stealth family either.

I will wrap all exposed painted surfaces. ive always focused on leading edges on other cars, but since this will throw rocks and the certainty of trail pinstriping, I’m wrapping all exposed surfaces, headlights, and door sills. I might do a black highlight on the shark gills.

an additional consideration for me on doing stealth is that there are plenty of surfaces that wouldn’t be wrapped that would get exposed with top and doors off. I’m still thinking about wrapping the roll cage or living without it If I do stealth.

i received estimates ranging from $5 to $7k in CA. Everything is more expensive here.

shops seem to lump the Bronco in as full sized SUV. A reasonable negotiating tactic to reducing the price is pointing out the top, mirrors, flares are not getting wrapped reducing material and labor cost. That worked on getting me on getting the lower end of the estimate range. Also as more shops do Broncos/Raptors they’ll get more comfortable with process and margins, hopefully prices will come down some. It’s a lot of cheese.

If your neighbor hasn't added complete PPF then your CO Raptors will not look alike. The Xpel Ultimate Plus adds a considerable amont of paint depth and shine to the finish of Fords OEM paint. Below is a pic of mine so far, I have installed Xpel Ultimate on all the CO exterior surfaces including door jams and rocker panels in which you need to removed the steps and rock rails. The fender flares are in Xpel Stealth along with the grill, front and top of front fender sight guides and the silver plastic bumper trim that surrounds the tow hooks. The Stealth had less sheen to the surface until I ceramic coated that brought the fender flares back to very close to the original sheen. Everthing on the outside has been ceramic coated including top and black plastic. This winter I will do sections of the inside rear tailgate where sliding carge may impact along with completing the underside area that will be getting direct stone impingement such as frame, rear axle areas, and some of the skid plates then do ceramic on the all the undercarriage. On the underside I'm using the 3M Scotchcal which I think is more durable than other PPF's. You can buy the 3M Scotchcal from online sources to do impact areas on the underside as a DIY task.

29FC55AE-9ED0-45A1-AAC6-75E8DE1FD194.jpeg

Last edited:

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor

Also, most installers will use the retail price of the Xpel kits (I added wrapped edges as option) then add roughly 50% for installation. Also, our Raptor have basically 8 fenders compared to most vehicles when you include the flares. Your 5-7k isn't far off. I wouldn't expect anyone to charge less than 8-10k for the overly extensive coverage I've installed. Wrapping the edges done right, for myself adds twice the time to installation.

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
Also, most installers will use the retail price of the Xpel kits (I added wrapped edges as option) then add roughly 50% for installation. Also, our Raptor have basically 8 fenders compared to most vehicles when you include the flares. Your 5-7k isn't far off. I wouldn't expect anyone to charge less than 8-10k for the overly extensive coverage I've installed. Wrapping the edges done right, for myself adds twice the time to installation.
Thanks for the info! I’ve debated wrapping the flares, but have decided against. I know the flares hanging that far out are going to take trail hits that will shred the ppf.

As a note my low end wrap estimate includes pulling everything (flares, handles, tire carrier etc) off to wrap it correctly.

Estimated time in shop is five full days. That kind of hurts after waiting so long!cv

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Thanks for the info! I’ve debated wrapping the flares, but have decided against. I know the flares hanging that far out are going to take trail hits that will shred the ppf.

As a note my low end wrap estimate includes pulling everything (flares, handles, tire carrier etc) off to wrap it correctly.

Estimated time in shop is five full days. That kind of hurts after waiting so long!cv
The PPF should hold up to a lot of abuse. I’ve hit a plastic road construction barrel (semi in front of me hit it first and tossed into my lane at night) with my Wrangler at 80 mph and left scratches and orange marks that simply rubbed off. My boat trailer took a shredded semi tire at 75 mph and all the black rubbed off, in both cases the scratches self healed. Ask about a warranty with your installer.

TheLawnDart

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 25, 2022
Gallery
Ft Worth
Military
Air Force
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
BF71B202-4E2F-4A87-9712-231FEFBB2676.jpeg
Since we’ve all seen a code orange bronco at this point, here’s a picture of me picking mine up from the dealer a few weeks ago. Not a whole lot of space between the doors to get her out of the show room…

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Welcome to BroncoRaptor.com! 🍻 Congrats on your b4 Christmas delivery and... yep that's close!

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
Im going to go up to Ruidoso NM for the holiday break possibly catch some snow up there . Also Santa Teresa NM has tons of dunes to play at 😎
Sounds like I just missed you on your Ruidoso trip. I'm down in Fredericksburg now. We should definitely get together after my BR comes in.

Your photos are fantastic! You should definitely post the best one in next month's Bronco Raptor of the Month contest.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
Putting a few miles on it since picking up in the afternoon of the 22nd. Observations.

love the seats, but id prefer them a bit narrower / bolstered. But it’s my fault I’m scrawny. I went with MGV and love them after a long succession of leather in other cars.

Love the ride. I can see driving this long distance to places like UT and So Cal desert. I’m very pleasantly surprised.

‘It drives way smaller than it looks. I’m able to back it easily into my 90 degree turned single car garage slot. Surprised by that too.

presence and stance is amazing, love the code orange (no decal) but I apparently have another in my area so I may stealth it once ppf’ed. Neighborhood boys have expressed their approval, that’s a relief!

Drives well over center dividers, curbs and fish tails nicely in dirt with 2WD traction off.

i really enjoy sound of Baja exhaust mode. Of course it’s not a NA V8, but it rips when you get on it. I can live with that all day long.

Power/acceleration is fine for on road in a 3 ton lump of metal and rubber. Brakes are okay, but wouldn’t recommending tailgating.

its definitely quieter than other Broncos I’ve been in. I’m guessing the roof top sound deadener and felt liners in the big beautiful flares helps a lot. No squeaks, just a little wind noise in front corners. Way quieter than my 2018 Tacoma was.

Love the Flares, they look appropriate and do the job they need too. I might consider removing front dams and mud flaps after ppf to see how I like it.

Front row and rear seat tops come off easily. Rear seat top is a little cumbersome in a one man operation. The side steps really help and I’m 6’2”. Tops reinstalled easily, no new squeaks or wind noise. Very happy with this.

Minor annoyance is the parking brake placement. A push button on top of shifter handle would have been much more convenient. They have fully electronic break, then design it like an old manual one.

love the led dash. Could live without the endless parade of dialog box pop ups, but I’ll tune that out soon enough.

My wife loves it. She said she might have ordered one if she could have test driven one when we were shopping for her car in March. She got a Defender for ride quality and on road manners over Bronco.

all in all, I hated the experience of ordering the Raptor, but I love the truck. I wish Ford would either meet the numerous time estimates they proffered or had told me nothing until it was delivered. The continued false hope sucked for me.

next up a week in the ppf shop, the install my light bar, View attachment 5120pods, winch plate and winch in early Jan and I think I’m set.

DISCLAIMER: the views expressed here are solely represent my opinion and not necessarily the company management (my wife). No Raptors we’re harmed in the course of this review. Individual results may vary.
Congrats on taking delivery! Thank you for sharing your initial thoughts after a little bit of seat time. I'm so excited to get mine after hearing so many good reviews. Love the disclaimer as well. :giggle:

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
My Raptor showed up a few weeks ago, I've been travelling for work, so I only put a couple hundred miles on it. I received an email from Ford with no pic, but a hokey video commercial attached. My dealer said they take it off the assembly line before the picture station if you ordered decals. Never heard that before but who knows?View attachment 5015View attachment 5016View attachment 5017View attachment 5018
Just in time for the holidays! I hope you've had a great Christmas and some quality seat time in your new Bronco Raptor! 🍻

Top Member Reactions