TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
"Will it Rally? Ride along as we test the limits of different vehicles on our skidpad and slalom areas, before putting them against the stopwatch on a mountainous rally stage here at Team O'Neil.
That’s right, we have another Bronco to add to our collection. The Bronco Raptor. Producing 440 pound- feet of torque with it’s 418-hp twin-turbo 3.0-liter V-6 stuffed under the hood, Wyatt puts this beast to the ultimate test in 2 Wheel Drive."
00:00 Intro
00:59 Shakedown
11:09 Timed Run
15:15 Conclusion

Learn more about us at https://teamoneil.com
Click here to book a course: https://teamoneil.com/driving-courses/

OP
TurboS

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Part 2

Will It Rally? Ford Bronco Raptor 4WD Edition - By Team O'Neil

"For the first time in WIll It Rally? history we do a second run, giving the Bronco Raptor another chance, this time in 4 wheel drive."
01:24 Timed Run
04:02 Conclusion

OP
TurboS

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
ahhh, he didn't know you could do 2WD Baja mode??
My initial thoughts exactly on the first video, I'm uncertain if the 2WD in Baja would have reduced the time any further. I was impressed with the time in the 2nd video in 4WD, looks like a blast!

Feb 7, 2023
Gallery
wi
Current Ride
22 Braptor
Current Ride #2
12' Raptor
I feels like there's a bit of a difference between sport and baja, not sure if it's tune, shift points both or just the orange theme but baja, 2wd and manual shifting is the BOM.

OP
TurboS

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
I feels like there's a bit of a difference between sport and baja, not sure if it's tune, shift points both or just the orange theme but baja, 2wd and manual shifting is the BOM.
Engine tuning, torque management, and turbo's are continously spooled in Baja mode. It's definitely quicker responding by design.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
I would think he would be more comfortable with body roll than he seemed to be, but maybe a lot of the stuff he drives stays a lot flatter through that course. Coming from driving a lot of off-road machines with lots of suspension travel, I was surprised by how flat the Bronco Raptor handles for the amount of travel it has. I think he just needs more time with it so he can find that sweet spot between the right amount of weight transfer for maximum corner speed and not going too far where you're only on two wheels! 😁

Roughstock

Jul 1, 2023
Gallery
Arizona
Military
ex Army
Current Ride
2023 Shadow Black Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 BMW GS 1250 Adventure
I like this guy. "you could roll this....you could flip this..." that's how I think when driving. I am looking forward to the Raptor. I drive my Black Diamond like a rally car and it is not made for it like the Raptor. My style of driving. i like the feel of sliding around corners and being in the right gear after the turn.
"Will it Rally? Ride along as we test the limits of different vehicles on our skidpad and slalom areas, before putting them against the stopwatch on a mountainous rally stage here at Team O'Neil.
That’s right, we have another Bronco to add to our collection. The Bronco Raptor. Producing 440 pound- feet of torque with it’s 418-hp twin-turbo 3.0-liter V-6 stuffed under the hood, Wyatt puts this beast to the ultimate test in 2 Wheel Drive."
00:59 Shakedown
11:09 Timed Run
15:15 Conclusion

Learn more about us at https://teamoneil.com
Click here to book a course: https://teamoneil.com/driving-courses/

Roughstock

Jul 1, 2023
Gallery
Arizona
Military
ex Army
Current Ride
2023 Shadow Black Raptor
Current Ride #2
I am really looking forward to this. Sometimes it is real nice to be in two wheel and with the manual. 4 wheel is good at times as well depending on your mood, the surface and where your are driving. Can't wait. Looking forward to seeing the differences as you mention.

Last edited:

Roughstock

Jul 1, 2023
Gallery
Arizona
Military
ex Army
Current Ride
2023 Shadow Black Raptor
Current Ride #2
I would think he would be more comfortable with body roll than he seemed to be, but maybe a lot of the stuff he drives stays a lot flatter through that course. Coming from driving a lot of off-road machines with lots of suspension travel, I was surprised by how flat the Bronco Raptor handles for the amount of travel it has. I think he just needs more time with it so he can find that sweet spot between the right amount of weight transfer for maximum corner speed and not going too far where you're only on two wheels! 😁
I agree, he is not use to it. I've been off roading on dirt bikes, enduros, ATV's and side by sides but not a lot of trucks. Since I am new to off roading with the Black Diamond I simply just drive within it's limits and mine and I don't know what I am missing or don't have. Looking forward to the Raptor. I am sure it will suit my style more. I have a buddy who was a big Baja racer and he is going to give me some tips and training. I went out with him in his cart and boy he put a huge smile on my face. Fast as hell and he was taking it easy with me in the cart. He finds most dirt bikers finesse and that is the way to go. I am pretty sure I finesse at high speeds...haha

Roughstock

Jul 1, 2023
Gallery
Arizona
Military
ex Army
Current Ride
2023 Shadow Black Raptor
Current Ride #2
Engine tuning, torque management, and turbo's are continously spooled in Baja mode. It's definitely quicker responding by design.
I've been reading about this. I do find lag in my 2.3. This was the engine my friend had in stock so I took it. The 2.7 would have been better for sure. The 3.0 in Baja, I like the sound of that. Currently I have found the power lacking (2.3) and I am not doing a lot of Baja type driving. Where I am for the summer the roads aren't as open like the desert. They are remote and fun but you don't want to hit a tree and I still find not enough power and not being in the right gear after a turn. The shifters on the Raptor look responsive and the spooled turbo's......sound real nice.

Top Member Reactions