🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
I just started wrenching after many years living overseas with no need to, so many of you may already be on top of this Sort of thing.

I’m tall but find working in the engine bay (like connecting those short little upfitter wire leads) to be a maJor pain due to the height of the Raptor and the width of the flares. Saw one of these when a mobile glass guy came to the house to replace the (first) windshield on the Raptor.

it’s cheap (~$40), easy to deploy, adjustable platform height and folds up for easy storage for those of us without barns or workshops! It held my glass guy easily who was carrying a lot more weight than me. This would have saved time and a LOT of swearing wiring my lights might be useful for loading roof racks off the rear tire too.

a quick search shows there are other options that may be sturdier but more expensive. I’m not expecting to use one a lot so durability isn’t a huge factor. I’d have gladly paid $40 for one time use wiring up those %$#!@ short upfitter wire leads!

FWIW

D25394D6-B892-419A-9AA4-F4AACDAC0915.jpeg

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
Damn...I tried to use a step-ladder when I wired up some lights to my upfitter and that really didn't help much as I couldn't get it close enough. This would have saved me a lot of frustration.

Might also help when I wash the thing just to reach the middle of the hood/windshield and maybe even the roof. My JLU was easier to climb onto as the "rain gutters" on the roof give you something to grab onto when stepping up on a wheel but the Bronco is a much smoother surface.

Apparently this is my next 'mod'

BRVOL

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
East TN
Military
US ARMY
Current Ride
2021 Subaru Outback Onyx XT
Current Ride #2
2002 BMW 1150RT
I bought a Gorilla work platform at Home Depot a few years ago to work on hard to reach places and it works great for different areas and applications.

fuhrius

Founding Member
Mar 12, 2022
Gallery
Los Gatos, CA
I just started wrenching after many years living overseas with no need to, so many of you may already be on top of this Sort of thing.

I’m tall but find working in the engine bay (like connecting those short little upfitter wire leads) to be a maJor pain due to the height of the Raptor and the width of the flares. Saw one of these when a mobile glass guy came to the house to replace the (first) windshield on the Raptor.

it’s cheap (~$40), easy to deploy, adjustable platform height and folds up for easy storage for those of us without barns or workshops! It held my glass guy easily who was carrying a lot more weight than me. This would have saved time and a LOT of swearing wiring my lights might be useful for loading roof racks off the rear tire too.

a quick search shows there are other options that may be sturdier but more expensive. I’m not expecting to use one a lot so durability isn’t a huge factor. I’d have gladly paid $40 for one time use wiring up those %$#!@ short upfitter wire leads!

FWIW

View attachment 6757

Looks as if it could be useful to bring along as well for folks who are going to want to access stuff on a roof rack.

Top Member Reactions