Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
27 yrs SAR, Wilderness EMT, retired
Give me a break!
It is not the world's first. A dealer in American Fork, UT has been doing this since last year. He did it with hardtops, bumpers, flares, etc. not some lame soft top.

BRVOL

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
East TN
Military
US ARMY
Current Ride
2021 Subaru Outback Onyx XT
Current Ride #2
2002 BMW 1150RT
They did a great job but it's just way too much color matching. Having some black to break the color up is the only way too go...leave it factory!!!

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
Agreed. I've gotten past the want to have my flares painted to either 10% matched or a complimentary color such as gray/silver. I would like to see the roof paint-matched but if I went that far I'd probably purchase one of the aftermarket tops (Anderson or ADV) and have it painted for the highest-quality construction.

Roughstock

Jul 1, 2023
Gallery
Arizona
Military
ex Army
Current Ride
2023 Shadow Black Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 BMW GS 1250 Adventure
10 minute video of disassembly and reassembly of Area 51 color matched components.

I wonder if they plan to take this off road much? .

It seems there focus is the look and off roading is not there thing. The bumper, flares and mirrors will get scratched. I already have some light scratches on the flares and mirrors and I am just getting going. Perhaps they are good with spending all that money and still beating up a bit on the trials. Oh man, my dog hopping in and out of the back with a painted bumper...haha...no way.

If off roading is not there thing and having a matched vehicle is important to them, then fine. Not for me for sure. I agree above. Way too much one color.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions