Badclam

Jul 31, 2023
Gallery
WA.
Current Ride
Braptor 2023
Current Ride #2
Raptor 37pp
So after buying a 2021 Black Diamond Sasquatch Bronco, then buying a F150 37pp Raptor, a Braptor sounded like a perfect mix. I still have the F150 Raptor 37pp, but the wife is driving that while I get acquainted with my Braptor.
I live in S.W. Wa. on the coast, in the sticks, so I can drive the beach on the way home, and logging roads once I get home. I'm loving this Braptor! It's a completely different vehicle than the Bronco Sasquatch, and is the SUV brother to the F150 Raptor. I don't even have plates yet, but have started modifications to make it mine. Real beadlock rings, fog and driving lights, storage solutions and so on.
20230728_174815.jpg
20230728_150718.jpg
20230809_121751.jpg
20230728_193140.jpg
I love it so far.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
So after buying a 2021 Black Diamond Sasquatch Bronco, then buying a F150 37pp Raptor, a Braptor sounded like a perfect mix. I still have the F150 Raptor 37pp, but the wife is driving that while I get acquainted with my Braptor.
I live in S.W. Wa. on the coast, in the sticks, so I can drive the beach on the way home, and logging roads once I get home. I'm loving this Braptor! It's a completely different vehicle than the Bronco Sasquatch, and is the SUV brother to the F150 Raptor. I don't even have plates yet, but have started modifications to make it mine. Real beadlock rings, fog and driving lights, storage solutions and so on. View attachment 9504View attachment 9505View attachment 9506View attachment 9507I love it so far.
Welcome to BroncoRaptor.com! 🍻 Awesome that you have the choice to off-road daily on the beach & logging trails! Great choice of trucks. (y)

412Brap

Jul 13, 2023
Gallery
PNW via #412
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Aston Martin DBX707
Welcome! Awesome to have another PNW BRaptor up here. I split time between Seattle and North Central WA where the BRaptor spends most of its time.

Roughstock

Jul 1, 2023
Gallery
Arizona
Military
ex Army
Current Ride
2023 Shadow Black Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 BMW GS 1250 Adventure
Welcome. Nice trucks. Look forward to some more pics and stories.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
Now that's the way to commute! The true beadlock rings look great as well!

OP
B

Badclam

Jul 31, 2023
Gallery
WA.
Current Ride
Braptor 2023
Current Ride #2
Raptor 37pp
Great looking trucks!

How do you like the DD Fogs on your Bronco?
Love them. Fun fact. If you buy yellow DD lights, they have 4000k colored LEDs in stead of the 6000k of their white lights. So you put a clear lens over the Yellow LEDs and you get a warm white color that really, really cuts fog and rain way better than the bluish 6000k white. The Baja Designs white XL80 lights on my bumper are 5000k, which is the best driving light I've found.

OP
B

Badclam

Jul 31, 2023
Gallery
WA.
Current Ride
Braptor 2023
Current Ride #2
Raptor 37pp
Now that's the way to commute! The true beadlock rings look great as well!
Thanks. 3 advantages to beadlocks. 1)Being able to air way down without losing your bead. 2) Being able to fix a flat yourself in the bush if you really have to. 3)They look as tough as they really are. IMO.

Roughstock

Jul 1, 2023
Gallery
Arizona
Military
ex Army
Current Ride
2023 Shadow Black Raptor
Current Ride #2
Thanks. 3 advantages to beadlocks. 1)Being able to air way down without losing your bead. 2) Being able to fix a flat yourself in the bush if you really have to. 3)They look as tough as they really are. IMO.
It seems most don't ever use the beadlocks. They seem more suited for racing or a specific off road vehicle. Not one that would be on the road. Fixing a flat. Can you explain that? Do you mean to put the tire on the beadlocks while on the trail just to get you out? I know with a dirt bike or an enduro bike I carry very large zip ties to zip tie the tire to the rim and ride out. Of course I carry other tire fixing and airing solutions as well.

Thanks

Johnny Rebel

Jul 11, 2023
Gallery
LA
Current Ride
Bronco Big Bend
Current Ride #2
Bronco Raptor
Love them. Fun fact. If you buy yellow DD lights, they have 4000k colored LEDs in stead of the 6000k of their white lights. So you put a clear lens over the Yellow LEDs and you get a warm white color that really, really cuts fog and rain way better than the bluish 6000k white. The Baja Designs white XL80 lights on my bumper are 5000k, which is the best driving light I've found.
That's a new one for me. I've bought a LOT of BD lights over the years and just thought they changed the lenses out. Didn't realize the LEDs were a different color temp. Thanks for the info!

Someone else told me the same thing about the XL80's being the best driving light, but I haven't tried them out yet.

OP
B

Badclam

Jul 31, 2023
Gallery
WA.
Current Ride
Braptor 2023
Current Ride #2
Raptor 37pp
It seems most don't ever use the beadlocks. They seem more suited for racing or a specific off road vehicle. Not one that would be on the road. Fixing a flat. Can you explain that? Do you mean to put the tire on the beadlocks while on the trail just to get you out? I know with a dirt bike or an enduro bike I carry very large zip ties to zip tie the tire to the rim and ride out. Of course I carry other tire fixing and airing solutions as well.

Thanks
Normally a tire is pried over to the inside of the rim and pushed out with air pressure to make a seal. With a beadlock ring the tire is on the outside of the rim, held in place by the ring pushing it in against the outside of the rim. When you remove the ring from the rim, you have access to the inside of the tire. Patch it, re-install the ring and air up.

OP
B

Badclam

Jul 31, 2023
Gallery
WA.
Current Ride
Braptor 2023
Current Ride #2
Raptor 37pp
That's a new one for me. I've bought a LOT of BD lights over the years and just thought they changed the lenses out. Didn't realize the LEDs were a different color temp. Thanks for the info!

Someone else told me the same thing about the XL80's being the best driving light, but I haven't tried them out yet.
I work on the water, and my lighting experience comes from running in bad weather at night on the water. In heavy rain, mist, or fog, 6000k or 6500k color lights are more blue color and are useless. 5500k down to 4000k is what we use on the water. It works the same on land. If you are in dry clear conditions the higher 6000k work great.

Roughstock

Jul 1, 2023
Gallery
Arizona
Military
ex Army
Current Ride
2023 Shadow Black Raptor
Current Ride #2
Normally a tire is pried over to the inside of the rim and pushed out with air pressure to make a seal. With a beadlock ring the tire is on the outside of the rim, held in place by the ring pushing it in against the outside of the rim. When you remove the ring from the rim, you have access to the inside of the tire. Patch it, re-install the ring and air up.
Great thanks, I understand.

Top Member Reactions