2022 Bronco Raptor Review l Chasing Dust - By Driving Line (aka DesertChief)

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX

In this day and age, everything seems to be exaggerated. Everything around us is positioned to be called “the best”, but does any of it live up to the hype? When Ford set out to produce their most capable off-road SUV, the 2022 Ford Bronco Raptor, they certainly exceeded everyone’s expectations. But actually driving one might leave you with the same impression it left on Matt: It may just be the BEST off-road vehicle ever made.

Such a bold statement requires some explanation. And that’s exactly what our host sets out to do on this episode of Chasing Dust. Matt goes over his five criteria when judging an off-road vehicle: Tire, Suspension, Performance, Chassis, and Luxury. Explaining his opinion on each criteria, and how the Bronco Raptor fares against it’s opponents paints a better picture as to why this may be the best off-road vehicle ever produced.

And remember, the only modification made to this vehicle thus far is changing out the stock tires for a set of 37x12.50R17 Nitto Recon Grapplers. Matt’s previous builds were on Recon Grapplers, and he trusts them to get the job done for this rig as well, this time in bigger size.

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
@DesertChief are there some mods you plan to "borrow" from the Project X Fun-Haver build that was unveiled at SEMA, for your own BRaptor build?

DesertChief

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2022
Gallery
Orange County, CA
Thanks for the love! I've been doing this show for Driving Line for about 4 years now, originally the first and only vlog on their channel. They have dozens now, but I'm sticking to off-road stuff from now on and most of the content coming from me on there will be Bronco Raptor specific. (y)

@DesertChief are there some mods you plan to "borrow" from the Project X Fun-Haver build that was unveiled at SEMA, for your own BRaptor build?

There will definitely be some design elements borrowed from our SEMA build. Actually, I'm hoping to have some of our new PROJECT X products arriving from powder coat today to test fit here in the shop. Stay tuned!

Top Member Reactions