Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX

One of the features of the 2022 Ford Bronco Raptor off-road SUV is its adjustable exhaust system. It has four different sound modes: Quiet, Normal, Sport and Baja. We recorded the truck revving in all four modes. Take note, the truck is restricted to around 4,000 rpm when stationary, so it may not be quite as loud as it would be at full throttle and under load. These exhaust settings changed based on the driving mode, but they can also be selected separately. It's also possible to create a preferred driving setting with your suspension, steering and exhaust preferences.

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX

SteelBronco

Founding Member
Oct 24, 2021
Gallery
Western Maryland
Current Ride
Bronco
Thought I would throw in some cool exhaust pictures.
2022 Ford Bronco Raptor_chassis_ 06.jpg
2022 Ford Bronco Raptor_chassis_ 05.jpg

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU

One of the features of the 2022 Ford Bronco Raptor off-road SUV is its adjustable exhaust system. It has four different sound modes: Quiet, Normal, Sport and Baja. We recorded the truck revving in all four modes. Take note, the truck is restricted to around 4,000 rpm when stationary, so it may not be quite as loud as it would be at full throttle and under load. These exhaust settings changed based on the driving mode, but they can also be selected separately. It's also possible to create a preferred driving setting with your suspension, steering and exhaust preferences.

I've seen this video a couple times before, but just noticed that the color under all the camouflage appears to be Cyber Orange. Has anyone seen any pics of this car post release w/o camo?

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
I'm sure once they took the camo off it ended up being one of their undisguised test mules. Here are more pics of the Code Orange Bronco Raptors: https://www.broncoraptor.com/threads/code-orange-bronco-raptor-photo-thread.153/
Yeah, I've seen pictures of several unmasked cars in various colors: Velocity Blue, Iconic Silver, Shadow Black, Eruption Green, and of course Code Orange. I have yet to see a photo of one in the wild that is painted Cyber Orange, which obviously one of the available colors. But it must exist...if the video above is any indication...

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
My Explorer ST has a mode dial (similar to the GOAT mode dial in the Broncos). When I put it in Sport Mode, the exhaust gets much louder, plus the transmission is configured to shift at much higher RPM (and only one gear at a time instead of 2+). Sounds like a sports car engine and definitely turns heads. Can't wait to hear a Raptor live!

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
Yeah, I've seen pictures of several unmasked cars in various colors: Velocity Blue, Iconic Silver, Shadow Black, Eruption Green, and of course Code Orange. I have yet to see a photo of one in the wild that is painted Cyber Orange, which obviously one of the available colors. But it must exist...if the video above is any indication...
Aaahhh yes, Cyber Orange! Sorry, I had Code Orange on the brain. You're right, I don't think we've seen a Cyber Orange Bronco Raptor rolling around yet.

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
I found one!

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Short video of Raptor accelerating posted on Bronco6g, Thanks to Doug & Steven S for capturing.

OP
Dragoon

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
That's a nice deep cold start! It sounds tuned and tough, I like it!

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Guessing now, this is Baja mode, since in Nov2021 we were still trying to guess which engine.

Rob41

Founding Member
Apr 19, 2022
Gallery
Northern MI
Since I can't connect to almost all videos on the ship, I'm not sure if this from Ford Authority was already posted. I do love what they said in the text:

"As the king of the Bronco lineup, this go-anywhere, all-terrain SUV is intended for high-speed desert-storming as well as any other kind of off-roading, bringing top-notch capability and performance to the Bronco family."

Just in case this wasn't already posted, this is the link:

https://fordauthority.com/2022/05/2022-ford-bronco-raptor-start-up-and-exhaust-first-look-video/

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Since I can't connect to almost all videos on the ship, I'm not sure if this from Ford Authority was already posted. I do love what they said in the text:

"As the king of the Bronco lineup, this go-anywhere, all-terrain SUV is intended for high-speed desert-storming as well as any other kind of off-roading, bringing top-notch capability and performance to the Bronco family."

Just in case this wasn't already posted, this is the link:

https://fordauthority.com/2022/05/2022-ford-bronco-raptor-start-up-and-exhaust-first-look-video/
Yep, same video as in Post #14 above. Hope you get a chance to view these video's soon.

Top Member Reactions