2023 Colors and Bronco Raptor

djc007x

Founding Member
Apr 21, 2022
Gallery
Washington, DC
Does anyone know what happens in the "Highly Likely" Event that an order from 2022 in pushed to 2023.... Are Bronco order holders now able to select/update their raptor to the newly available colors for 2023? "Lead Foot Grey" FOR THE WIN

Antimatter Blue

Founding Member
Feb 13, 2022
Gallery
Los Angeles
Unfortunately I don’t think it’s “highly likely” that many will get pushed to MY23. ‘My dealer said’ in an email to our Bronco R group recently that they’re all still going to be built this year. Dealer is one of the rare ones who would know and who wouldn’t say that without good authority.

BUT if the rumor is true that Antimatter Blue is coming back for MY23, I might personally throw a wrench in the MY22 production (if I could).

OP
D

djc007x

Founding Member
Apr 21, 2022
Gallery
Washington, DC
Unfortunately I don’t think it’s “highly likely” that many will get pushed to MY23. ‘My dealer said’ in an email to our Bronco R group recently that they’re all still going to be built this year. Dealer is one of the rare ones who would know and who wouldn’t say that without good authority.

BUT if the rumor is true that Antimatter Blue is coming back for MY23, I might personally throw a wrench in the MY22 production (if I could).
The rumor I heard from my dealer was the exact opposite, any order that was not currently scheduled was likely to get pushed to January 2023

Fukinstoned

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 8, 2022
Gallery
British Columbia
The rumor I heard from my dealer was the exact opposite, any order that was not currently scheduled was likely to get pushed to January 2023
I heard the same thing, my dealer isn’t sure we will see ours this year, and it would roll over into 2023… but who knows, there’s news that ford is cutting 8000 jobs so could be some serious delays for everything soon

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
Dealers responses to questions like these will be all over the map (no pun intended). In some cases because of ineptness or laziness, but in most cases you will get varying answers because of their dealership-specific situations (mostly allocation-driven).

Antimatter Blue

Founding Member
Feb 13, 2022
Gallery
Los Angeles
Wow, so I don’t have a VIN, build date, window sticker, or even an email from Ford yet but somehow mine will be built this year while most everyone else is convinced they’re getting pushed. Weird.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
To summarize a few points in this thread, some already addressed above, others a little open ended.

I agree that there will be 2022 "Bronco" orders that get pushed to 2023, my wife's 2022 Badlands order will likely be amongst them and this is exactly what we anticipated based on commodities. The latest communication I've found from Ford Performance is that all 2022 Bronco Raptor orders will be built as 2022 model year. I haven't found any official communication from Ford when Bronco Raptor's will be offered again, however it has been commented by Ford Performance there will be future Bronco Raptors but not yet determined when and what model year.

The 2nd and 3rd week of July unscheduled Bronco Raptors were being scheduled. This the Biggest Positive news since April when the initial few were scheduled for May builds. Ford would not have started scheduling again if there wasn't an adequate confidence level that the current scheduled Bronco Raptors were going to be completed and shipping soon.

New car dealerships around the globe are frustrated with supplies, availability, and lack of communication from manufactures. I can imagine dealers being pressured by customers demanding answers that are Not available and may provide answers to temporarily appease their customers, this is simply my assumption based on new automotive news in general.

Colors, not all Bronco colors were available for Bronco Raptors, notably Carbonized Gray metallic and Race Red. Code Orange is only a "Ford Performance" color option, thus further emphasizing the Raptor as "special". I would expect more special edition models that have a color or colors only available on that edition. It's not safe to assume new colors offered with Bronco or other Bronco special editions will ever be offered on a future Bronco Raptor, whenever Ford decides to offer the Bronco Raptor again.

For us Bronco Raptor customers, I think this is the most Exciting Positive time period for us since we obtained our allocations and confirmed 2022 BR orders.

Bakedbeanz007

Founding Member
Mar 15, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
To summarize a few points in this thread, some already addressed above, others a little open ended.

I agree that there will be 2022 "Bronco" orders that get pushed to 2023, my wife's 2022 Badlands order will likely be amongst them and this is exactly what we anticipated based on commodities. The latest communication I've found from Ford Performance is that all 2022 Bronco Raptor orders will be built as 2022 model year. I haven't found any official communication from Ford when Bronco Raptor's will be offered again, however it has been commented by Ford Performance there will be future Bronco Raptors but not yet determined when and what model year.

The 2nd and 3rd week of July unscheduled Bronco Raptors were being scheduled. This the Biggest Positive news since April when the initial few were scheduled for May builds. Ford would not have started scheduling again if there wasn't an adequate confidence level that the current scheduled Bronco Raptors were going to be completed and shipping soon.

New car dealerships around the globe are frustrated with supplies, availability, and lack of communication from manufactures. I can imagine dealers being pressured by customers demanding answers that are Not available and may provide answers to temporarily appease their customers, this is simply my assumption based on new automotive news in general.

Colors, not all Bronco colors were available for Bronco Raptors, notably Carbonized Gray metallic and Race Red. Code Orange is only a "Ford Performance" color option, thus further emphasizing the Raptor as "special". I would expect more special edition models that have a color or colors only available on that edition. It's not safe to assume new colors offered with Bronco or other Bronco special editions will ever be offered on a future Bronco Raptor, whenever Ford decides to offer the Bronco Raptor again.

For us Bronco Raptor customers, I think this is the most Exciting Positive time period for us since we obtained our allocations and confirmed 2022 BR orders.
"For us Bronco Raptor customers, I think this is the most Exciting Positive time period for us since we obtained our allocations and confirmed 2022 BR orders."

Not so exciting for me!! I have yet to get a production date... Its looking more and more like I should have stuck with my badlands order. Im October 2020 and Im getting impatient as I see more and more builds, yet nothing for me...

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
"For us Bronco Raptor customers, I think this is the most Exciting Positive time period for us since we obtained our allocations and confirmed 2022 BR orders."

Not so exciting for me!! I have yet to get a production date... Its looking more and more like I should have stuck with my badlands order. Im October 2020 and Im getting impatient as I see more and more builds, yet nothing for me...
There is many on here without a production date, but after nearly 3 months of no updates from Ford other than delays, we are seeing movement again. Patience, it'll be worth the wait.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Who confirmed this for you?
Ford Performance. During the Bronco Raptor reveal on January 24, 2022, it was stated that production will begin in the spring of 2022 and customer deliveries will begin in the summer of 2022. It's now summer and we are expecting customer Bronco Raptors to start being delivered within the next couple of weeks. It was also stated by Ford Performance that its a 2022 Mid Model Year special edition run and there isn't any confirmed plans of when the BR will be produced again.

Bronco Raptor production is still on track, maybe a couple weeks of delay, no big deal and no different than those that ordered a highly sought after F-150 Raptor since introduction in 2010.

The question really is, have you heard anything different directly from Ford Performance or Ford Motor Company? Please share that written communication if you do. Not a dealer or salesman, they have no say so over any part of Ford's production process. Do you have a Bronco Raptor order as confirmed via Ford Motor Company email? Until last week, that official order confirmation email from FMC was the only record I had of my order besides confirmation within my Ford account. I now have a production build date for the week of 29Aug22 and my dealer provided me with the VIN #. I still have not received any additional emails or communications from Ford and I'm good with that.

If you have a Bronco Raptor order with a Ford dealer, but not a Ford Motor Company order confirmation email, then see your dealer for explanation.

Top Member Reactions