3.0L Performance Numbers - when??

luterdan

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
Jacksonville, FL
There are lots of sightings of Raptors around MI, and we have the first orders scheduled for May so the vehicle is no longer speculative, shouldn't we be seeing the performance numbers for the new 3.0L soon? over 400 hp and over 400 ft-lbs is all we have. We know that the engine is CAPABLE of a lot more, esp when pared with an electric. Curious what we will get.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Maybe waiting on EPA testing? that is a passed test and certification? I've wondered if Ford Performance vehicles still fall under Fords fleet average gas mileage or if the performance divisions vehicle volume numbers are low enough not to be included in Fords fleet average.

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
Maybe waiting on EPA testing? that is a passed test and certification? I've wondered if Ford Performance vehicles still fall under Fords fleet average gas mileage or if the performance divisions vehicle volume numbers are low enough not to be included in Fords fleet average.
I agree with that assessment. They may already have the numbers, but can't release them until the certification process is completed. I can't imagine that the EPA moves very quickly on this stuff...

Top Member Reactions