Go for Launch!
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
U-S-A
Current Ride
2021 Bronco FE
2022-bronco-winch.jpg

Anyone considering adding a winch their Bronco Raptor?

Last edited:

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
I plan to but not like that - want to try and integrate it under the bumper
This is the best integrated Bronco wench I can find.
Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 5.56.31 PM.png

Here's another aftermarket Bronco bumper that has a wench, but it's not as integrated as the one above.
2021-Ford-Bronco-Off-Road-Front-Bumper.jpeg

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
Bumping this thread...has anyone here learned anything more about possible winch options? I'm still assuming that a bumper replacement is necessary, but are all the other Bronco-related concerns for the other trims in play (namely regarding the intercooler, camera, Active Cruise Control sensors, etc)?

cardad

Founding Member
Mar 27, 2022
Gallery
Moab
Current Ride
Rivian R1T
Current Ride #2
Jeep Wrangler 4xe
I saw this race modified Bronco at EJS. The winch is very low profile. The other issue with the stock arrangement is relocating the pre collision assist/adaptive cruise sensor and front camera. The last pic is of a Bronco with a bumper/winch that doesn’t block the sensor with relocated cam. I’m not sure who makes the bumper.

Then there’s the ICON Bronco which probably blocks the camera view and doesn’t allow use of the ACC/collision assist sensor.

Attachments

• EB89C59E-B271-4263-97AA-B427BDC0019F.jpeg
    EB89C59E-B271-4263-97AA-B427BDC0019F.jpeg
    408.3 KB · Views: 185
  • EE79D52C-6F6F-467C-AAC3-83B4CA2AEEDB.jpeg
    EE79D52C-6F6F-467C-AAC3-83B4CA2AEEDB.jpeg
    418.7 KB · Views: 181
  • 55F2BF78-0DEE-4EC5-880A-4B26152AF85F.jpeg
    55F2BF78-0DEE-4EC5-880A-4B26152AF85F.jpeg
    508.7 KB · Views: 184

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
I saw this race modified Bronco at EJS. The winch is very low profile. The other issue with the stock arrangement is relocating the pre collision assist/adaptive cruise sensor and front camera. The last pic is of a Bronco with a bumper/winch that doesn’t block the sensor with relocated cam. I’m not sure who makes the bumper.

Then there’s the ICON Bronco which probably blocks the camera view and doesn’t allow use of the ACC/collision assist sensor.
For that last photo, I can kinda make out the 4WP logo, though that bumper doesn’t seem to exactly match any of their current offerings for the Bronco. Maybe a prototype. The camera relo bracket looks a lot like ARB’s.

Rob41

Founding Member
Apr 19, 2022
Gallery
Northern MI
Def getting a winch and bumper. I like subtle but my primary concern is having the least ammount of bumper material in front of the tires. So far, the Rock Fighter looks to suit me best. Winch bumpers these days sure do have a proud price.

Rob41

Founding Member
Apr 19, 2022
Gallery
Northern MI
Yeah, it would be great to tuck in a winch in to the OEM. I kind of wish I hadn't ordered the LUX with all the gadgets. Many of the winch bumper options obstruct the view of the front trail cam or require relocating of the sensors.

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
Yeah, it would be great to tuck in a winch in to the OEM. I kind of wish I hadn't ordered the LUX with all the gadgets. Many of the winch bumper options obstruct the view of the front trail cam or require relocating of the sensors.
Still solutions available. Avoiding LUX is a base Bronco tactic. Stay the course Rob!

luterdan

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
Jacksonville, FL
Would it be possible to have a removable winch?? Something mounted to a platform that you hang on your recovery hooks when you need it, store inside or in the garage when you don't?? That way the sensors all work we don't add extra weight to the front don't mess with approach angle. It might be heavy but I wonder if it could be done (esp with synthetic line it would be lighter.

Cupholders

Founding Member
Mar 10, 2022
Gallery
Mass
Military
Army & Air National Guard
Current Ride
Jeep Rubicon
Would it be possible to have a removable winch?? Something mounted to a platform that you hang on your recovery hooks when you need it, store inside or in the garage when you don't?? That way the sensors all work we don't add extra weight to the front don't mess with approach angle. It might be heavy but I wonder if it could be done (esp with synthetic line it would be lighter.
Possible maybe. I had one on a Samurai for a short time. It sticks about 2 feet out from the bumper. It killed my approach angle so bad that I couldn't even get the samurai into spots that required a winch. Personally I wouldn’t consider it an option, not even in the “it’s better than nothing” category

luterdan

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
Jacksonville, FL
I'm talking about one that you would pull out of your vehicle when and if you need it, similar to how people use an air compressor, its either mounted on the vehicle (which right now our options are limited), or you pull it out when you need it and hang it on the hooks, connect it to the battery, and start pulling, then remove and put back inside.

Cupholders

Founding Member
Mar 10, 2022
Gallery
Mass
Military
Army & Air National Guard
Current Ride
Jeep Rubicon
I'm talking about one that you would pull out of your vehicle when and if you need it, similar to how people use an air compressor, its either mounted on the vehicle (which right now our options are limited), or you pull it out when you need it and hang it on the hooks, connect it to the battery, and start pulling, then remove and put back inside.
4BBFF44E-056A-4C11-B6AF-FCEE4D7CE37B.jpeg
I was thinking this

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
27 yrs SAR, Wilderness EMT, retired
View attachment 361

Anyone considering adding a winch their Bronco Raptor?

Yup. See my mods list.

No impact to ACC sensor. No impact to modular bumper. Moved camera and inner two bumper sensors. Modified plastic trim to accommodate winch mount.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions