Johnny Rebel

Jul 11, 2023
Gallery
LA
Current Ride
Bronco Big Bend
Current Ride #2
Bronco Raptor
I can’t at the moment as it’s still in the body shop for paint. Expect to get it back this weekend. Will post some pics asap once I get it back.
Thanks! The Body Shop was going to reach out to ADV for advice, but I thought there may be a chance that you had yours back by now. Can't wait to see how it turns out! They've got the fronts on mine so far, but we're waiting on some other parts before they can button everything up and send it to the paint shop.

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
If possible, could you shoot a pic from inside the wheel well to show how they connected the lower valence to the fender? Mine are getting installed right now and the body shop was having trouble getting the plastic valence bracket to fit in the fender, so wanted to see if ADV modified anything to make it fit. Thanks!

View attachment 11558
Overall, this will look fantastic after paint. Couple minor observations…

it seems like ADV should have created a new valence between grill and bumper. It’s minor but transition seems odd and prone to collecting stuff. Secondly, will the fenders need to come off to remove the valance in the future?

On the topic of hard to remove, the bumper end cap can be a pain to remove without removing the valence already. Will that bolt just at the outside edge of the valence come out without removing the fender?

Lastly, with the gloss white it’s hard to see the contours, but these don’t look a whole lot different than the stock flares with the mud flappy extensions off. Hopefully I see yours in person up in the Sierras some day

Last edited:

Johnny Rebel

Jul 11, 2023
Gallery
LA
Current Ride
Bronco Big Bend
Current Ride #2
Bronco Raptor
Overall, this will look fantastic after paint. Couple minor observations…

it seems like ADV should have created a new valence between grill and bumper. It’s minor but transition seems odd and prone to collecting stuff. Secondly, will the fenders need to come off to remove the valance in the future?

On the topic of hard to remove, but the bumper end cap can be a pain to remove without removing the valence already. Will that bolt just at the outside edge of the valence come out without removing the fender?

Lastly, with the gloss white it’s hard to see the contours, but these don’t look a whole lot different than the stock flares with the mud flappy extensions off. Hopefully I see yours in person up in the Sierras some day
I'm not sure about the fenders coming off for the valence yet until we get some guidance from ADV about how to attach it, but you may be correct. I hope not, though.

I know for sure that if I ever need to take the ADV hard inner liners out, the fenders will definitely have to come off. Kinda stewing on that right now to decide if I want to leave them in or try to figure out a way to make the factory soft liners work (if that's even possible).

Honestly, I didn't think about the bumper end cap. More than likely, I'll end up replacing both bumpers in the long run (both were slightly bent in the wreck), so it may be a non-issue in my case. Certainly worth noting for others, though. Good catch!

I think the fronts look very similar to the factory flares with the mud flap extensions removed, but the rears are where the ADV's shine, IMO. They have a smoother turndown in the rear compared to the factory flares, which I prefer. Truthfully, I don't hate the factory setup, but the sharp downturn angle in the rear is the one thing that has always bugged me a little. If I didn't need to replace them all anyway, I would've left it stock. Since it's necessary AND the ADV's are a cheaper solution, I feel like I'm killing 2 birds with 1 stone.

It's been a while since I've been out to the Sierras, but we make it to the Rockies every summer, so maybe we can get a BroncoRaptor.com group ride set up. I'd love to run the trails with other members here and check out all the Broncos!

Ckop24

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 10, 2023
Gallery
Carlsbad, CA
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Update on where mine is at, still in shop after one month. Just about there though!
72963966997__B95354A1-B02B-4AC3-9296-69BA3E4B18EA.jpeg
IMG_4124.jpeg

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Update on where mine is at, still in shop after one month. Just about there though! View attachment 11738View attachment 11739
Looking Good! I like how the upper fender portion bulges out further than the OEM fenders further differentiating from a standard Bronco fender. In the photo's of ADV fenders, this extra upper fender bulge is more evident in your Code Orange photo's above.

Johnny Rebel

Jul 11, 2023
Gallery
LA
Current Ride
Bronco Big Bend
Current Ride #2
Bronco Raptor
Mine’s still 45-60 days out. I hope it turns out as well as yours. Fantastic job!

Top Member Reactions