supersix

Go for Launch!
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
U-S-A
Current Ride
2021 Bronco FE
So for those that can't leave a vehicle stock, what wheels are you considering for the Bronco Raptor?

Here are a few that are on my list:

RTR Wheels:

rtr-matte-black-wheels.png

Black Wheels:
black-rhino-wheels-bronco.png

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
I'm more concerned with reducing weight than just buying wheels for looks. One of the Raptor sites had a good list of lightweight wheels going and I've included it below.

Light 17 inch wheels.jpeg

OP
supersix

supersix

Go for Launch!
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
U-S-A
Current Ride
2021 Bronco FE
I'm more concerned with reducing weight than just buying wheels for looks. One of the Raptor sites had a good list of lightweight wheels going and I've included it below.

View attachment 32

Good point. It might be hard finding light weight 37" tires to go with the wheels!

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
A few photo's of some lightweight forged 17" aftermarket wheels. I like photo's.

Dragoon is pursuing OMF for a Bronco Raptor specific fitment for us. Forged bead locks.
1648231234251.png

OMF Forged welded - Forged bead locks
1648231795003.png

Titan7 T-AK1 Forged Off-Road Wheel - found thru the Raptor forums and listed above as one of the lightweights.

1648231898717.png

1648231947467.png

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Stock rims with beadlock rings, upgrade to Mickey Thompson's, and calling it a day.
I also will probably stay with the factory forged bead-lock wheels as the best wheels for our Bronco Raptors will be the ones that came on it. Also as with most OEM wheels they are an integral part of the overall vehicle design and in this case all 3 choices look great. However, it's one of the easiest and biggest visual modifications (yep bolt-on) to do for a customized look that creates that individuality. My passion is cars, and I love just looking at all wheels.

Ednass

Founding Member
Mar 26, 2022
New york
Hey guys, Am I crazy to say (hypothetically speaking) ….let’s say the aftermarket produces some smaller/sleeker fender flares (I happen to like the stock ones, to the disbelief of many) …..would anyone consider putting 35s on it to make it a better road going rig? I’ve never experienced 37’s, and wondering how much better that 3.0 liter would be with smaller tires.

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
Hey guys, Am I crazy to say (hypothetically speaking) ….let’s say the aftermarket produces some smaller/sleeker fender flares (I happen to like the stock ones, to the disbelief of many) …..would anyone consider putting 35s on it to make it a better road going rig? I’ve never experienced 37’s, and wondering how much better that 3.0 liter would be with smaller tires.
Nope, that would be throwing away capability. Just get a Wildtrak if you want smaller tires and flares. Raptor will guzzle more gas…

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
The Raptor's 37's are a new Ford Performance C-load range tire same as the 35's. The 37's are also lighter in weight than any other 37" tire on the market and I think the 37's will actually ride better as the larger the diameter the longer the tires contact patch is with the road and being C-load range it should absorb road imperfections better to provide a better ride. Going to 35's on the Bronco Raptor would be a big step backwards. I agree with Ironmike, if you want 35's just do a Bronco model with Sasquatch.

And, I have also started liking the Raptor's Fender Flares, so there is a least 2 of us crazies.

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
The Raptor's 37's are a new Ford Performance C-load range tire same as the 35's. The 37's are also lighter in weight than any other 37" tire on the market and I think the 37's will actually ride better as the larger the diameter the longer the tires contact patch is with the road and being C-load range it should absorb road imperfections better to provide a better ride. Going to 35's on the Bronco Raptor would be a big step backwards. I agree with Ironmike, if you want 35's just do a Bronco model with Sasquatch.

And, I have also started liking the Raptor's Fender Flares, so there is a least 2 of us crazies.
Make it three! 🤪

luterdan

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
Jacksonville, FL
I want to wait to see the flares live and in person before I pass judgement. The only question I do have with them is the overall width of the vehicle will we have to remove them every time out on the trail to prevent breakage (and is there a good onboard storage system for them)??

DdYHrse

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 15, 2022
Gallery
Dallas, TX
They are just fender flares and a major selling feature about the Bronco is modularity. With all this uproar about fenders already going on I can only think that there will be more options to change these fenders out than we can even imagine. From there we can sell our old fenders to non-raptor owners who want to play make believe and trick people into thinking they have a raptor. From there they will go to Auto-Zone and grab the 3 amber lights and a stick on fender vent. Ha.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
My favorite wheel, HRE P161 Series P1 Forged Monoblock, Super strong, Super high quality, Super expensive. Available in only 98 different finishes. Only available in 18", 20", or 22". Not sure if they aesthetically look rugged enough for the Bronco Raptor however looks great on F-150 Raptors. For the price of these, you also need Brembo Brakes to complete the package.

1648792571271.png

1648792258890.png

luterdan

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
Jacksonville, FL
My favorite wheel, HRE P161 Series P1 Forged Monoblock, Super strong, Super high quality, Super expensive. Available in only 98 different finishes. Only available in 18", 20", or 22". Not sure if they aesthetically look rugged enough for the Bronco Raptor however looks great on F-150 Raptors. For the price of these, you also need Brembo Brakes to complete the package.

View attachment 677
View attachment 676
Those are great looking but agree they "LOOK" fragile. I want a beefier rim. Do we really need to be concerned with weight? We aren't driving Italian sportscars.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
@Dragoon does weight really matter?
Weight always matters. :giggle:

One pound of rotational mass equals about 10 lbs of static weight. I like going with the lightest wheel I can so that I can wrap it in the best tire possible. It also helps with fuel efficiency, overall performance and it's much easier on ball joints, bearings, etc. Usually, the only downside to less weight is that it costs more initially, but it pays for itself in the long run IMO.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Weight always matters. :giggle:

One pound of rotational mass equals about 10 lbs of static weight. I like going with the lightest wheel I can so that I can wrap it in the best tire possible. It also helps with fuel efficiency, overall performance and it's much easier on ball joints, bearings, etc. Usually, the only downside to less weight is that it costs more initially, but it pays for itself in the long run IMO.
Exactly, well said. It's the wheel & tire weight combined that you want as close as possible to the original combined weight. In addition to above, the Raptor suspension and shocks are based on the Original wheel & tire combined weight for optimized performance by Ford Performance.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions