Am I crazy not to use my Golden Ticket?

redealmaker

Mar 26, 2022
midwest
I was a day 2 early morning reservation holder and received a GT invitation and converted my Wildtrack to a Raptor, but haven't placed my order yet. I just received an email yeaterday saying my WT is scheduled for April production and don't know what to do now. I can probably get the WT sooner, but this would be a 4th vehicle so I can wait for the Raptor since it won't be my daily driver. I really like the interior of the Raptor, but can't get over those huge wheel flares so probably won't keep it very long unless I really love it once I drive it. Do I order the Raptor and then if I don't like it sell it and reorder a WT or try and cut a deal with my dealer to trade it in and get a WT that someone backs out of in the future? Need to order the Raptor by Monday. Thoughts?

SteelBronco

Founding Member
Oct 24, 2021
Gallery
Western Maryland
Current Ride
Bronco
This can be a loaded question. Unfortunately it could be offensive to some that have been denied a chance to get the BR. Or are you just trying to make a decision best for you.
I personally don't know what is best for you but if you can't get over the looks of the BR please give someone else the opportunity to get it. In saying that, are you going to be kicking yourself for passing up on your opportunity to get a BR.....whew, best of luck in your decision.

OP
R

redealmaker

Mar 26, 2022
midwest
This can be a loaded question. Unfortunately it could be offensive to some that have been denied a chance to get the BR. Or are you just trying to make a decision best for you.
I personally don't know what is best for you but if you can't get over the looks of the BR please give someone else the opportunity to get it. In saying that, are you going to be kicking yourself for passing up on your opportunity to get a BR.....whew, best of luck in your decision.
I think the biggest problem I have with it is that I have not seen a Raptor in person so I'm just going by the online pics. I guess if I ordered the Raptor I could always sell it to someone who wants it and get my money out of it, but then I would have to find a Wildtrack.

SteelBronco

Founding Member
Oct 24, 2021
Gallery
Western Maryland
Current Ride
Bronco
I think the biggest problem I have with it is that I have not seen a Raptor in person so I'm just going by the online pics. I guess if I ordered the Raptor I could always sell it to someone who wants it and get my money out of it, but then I would have to find a Wildtrack.
I know you wouldn't have a problem selling BR. Finding a Wildtrack may be an issue but by then the painted top should finally be out.
The Wildtrack can be ordered with the new Hoss suspension =plus, 2.7 engine vs 3.0 engine = minus, wait time = unknown on either.
For me I was originally going with a 2-door Badlands so having the opportunity for a BR was not even a question. It provided everything the Badlands offered and more.

BRVOL

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
East TN
Military
US ARMY
Current Ride
2021 Subaru Outback Onyx XT
Current Ride #2
2002 BMW 1150RT
I have seen some other talk about people with GT’s they did not use initially and now it looks like they might not be able to get one. Just some talk I saw on FB. Plus I believe Monday is the last day for orders. Getting the Bronco Raptor was a no brainer for me . You will always be able to sale it. I think the fender flares look great. Not a lot you can do with 37’s and a vehicle that wide.

BraptorJS

Mar 26, 2022
Philadelphia
Does anyone know the most efficient way to sell a Braptor reservation if I need to get out. While they would have to step into my deposit, build and dealer price, they would get a 2022 allocation.

OP
R

redealmaker

Mar 26, 2022
midwest
After thinking about it and hearing the responses, I will order the Raptor on Monday and take my chances. Seems like what people on here and other forums say I should be able to sell it for what I'll have into it and probably a few dollars more if I can't live with those fenders. Since I most likely won't we keeping it long term what is the best color and options for resale? I leaning towards, Cyber, black or white with Lux, but no leather.

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
After thinking about it and hearing the responses, I will order the Raptor on Monday and take my chances. Seems like what people on here and other forums say I should be able to sell it for what I'll have into it and probably a few dollars more if I can't live with those fenders. Since I most likely won't we keeping it long term what is the best color and options for resale? I leaning towards, Cyber, black or white with Lux, but no leather.
Be advised that Ford will likely impose a no-sale clause in your purchase contract that prevents resale (or imposes a penalty) in the first 12 months or so. They are trying to discourage flipping...

Cupholders

Founding Member
Mar 10, 2022
Gallery
Mass
Military
Army & Air National Guard
Current Ride
Jeep Rubicon
With all the other positive features the Raptor offers I don’t understand why many are basing their decision on the fenders. If the fenders were awesome everyone would want one

DRHeil

Founding Member
Mar 20, 2022
Gallery
WCMN
Be advised that Ford will likely impose a no-sale clause in your purchase contract that prevents resale (or imposes a penalty) in the first 12 months or so. They are trying to discourage flipping...
If Ford imposes a no-sale clause in my purchase contract they had better refund me the adm the dealership is hard balling me into paying! I don’t intend on selling but that would be the icing on the cake of sitting around waiting for Ford to produce the vehicle I put a deposit on in 2020!

Porque No

Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
San Antonio, TX
If Ford imposes a no-sale clause in my purchase contract they had better refund me the adm the dealership is hard balling me into paying! I don’t intend on selling but that would be the icing on the cake of sitting around waiting for Ford to produce the vehicle I put a deposit on in 2020!
What is the ADM you dealer is asking? Mine is asking $25k

OP
R

redealmaker

Mar 26, 2022
midwest
I hear what you are saying, but let me get this straight, Ford might impose a no-sale restriction on me after jerking me around for almost 2 years, but allow their dealers to charge ridiculous ADM fees to their customers? I think a no-sale clause is unenforceable anyway. What if someone’s situation changes and they can’t keep the Raptor for financial, family or other reasons. I suspect the worst case scenario is they may block you from ordering another Ford product for a certain amount of time. Just my 2 cents, but Ford would really be garbage if they impose this on their customers, but let their dealers do and charge whatever they want.

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
I hear what you are saying, but let me get this straight, Ford might impose a no-sale restriction on me after jerking me around for almost 2 years, but allow their dealers to charge ridiculous ADM fees to their customers? I think a no-sale clause is unenforceable anyway. What if someone’s situation changes and they can’t keep the Raptor for financial, family or other reasons. I suspect the worst case scenario is they may block you from ordering another Ford product for a certain amount of time. Just my 2 cents, but Ford would really be garbage if they impose this on their customers, but let their dealers do and charge whatever they want.
Maybe it’s all rumor, but there is precedent with the GT. And Ford did litigate some high profile cases. Just wanted people to be aware and keep an eye out when they take delivery. I don’t think dealers with high ADM’s will go that route…more of an MSRP strategy.

DRHeil

Founding Member
Mar 20, 2022
Gallery
WCMN
What is the ADM you dealer is asking? Mine is asking $25k
My dealer started at 20k but I leveraged them with my recent purchases and orders to get to 8500$ which I felt was as far as I could get without jeopardizing my raptor purchase! Fords Bronco team said I would have to file formal complaint for them to take action but again I think that might jeopardize my order!

bmsehlke

Founding Member
Feb 15, 2022
Gallery
San Antonio
Ford was supposed to automatically “99” your original Bronco order if you were a GT holder to prevent your original order from being scheduled while you decided on the Raptor. If that didn’t happen and you just got your Wildtrak VIN and scheduled, your opportunity for the Raptor may have gone away? Your Raptor opportunity was linked to that original reservation….. unless your dealer has an additional allocation they’re willing to use on your Raptor order? I have a feeling it will get messy at this point if you try to order a Raptor if I understand the GT process correctly. I would make sure it is crystal clear with your dealer ….. especially with a potential large ADM and the “no sale” clause others have already mentioned.

OP
R

redealmaker

Mar 26, 2022
midwest
Ford was supposed to automatically “99” your original Bronco order if you were a GT holder to prevent your original order from being scheduled while you decided on the Raptor. If that didn’t happen and you just got your Wildtrak VIN and scheduled, your opportunity for the Raptor may have gone away? Your Raptor opportunity was linked to that original reservation….. unless your dealer has an additional allocation they’re willing to use on your Raptor order? I have a feeling it will get messy at this point if you try to order a Raptor if I understand the GT process correctly. I would make sure it is crystal clear with your dealer ….. especially with a potential large ADM and the “no sale” clause others have already mentioned.
Thanks for that info. I accepted Ford’s offer for the Raptor within the hour of receiving the original email asking if I wanted to switch to a Raptor. Since then my dealer reached out and said I can order my Raptor up until end of business on the 28th. I hope your wrong, but this would be the icing on the cake of a not ideal experience dealing with Ford. I’ll keep everyone posted after I submit my order first thing tomorrow morning.

CVSJR

Founding Member
Feb 5, 2022
Gallery
Freehold NJ
If you just got scheduled after the GT allocations your dealer will access both, that Wildtrak show up there even if you switch to the Raptor, which also gets delivered regardless of what you decide.

dznyc

Founding Member
Mar 27, 2022
New York
If you just got scheduled after the GT allocations your dealer will access both, that Wildtrak show up there even if you switch to the Raptor, which also gets delivered regardless of what you decide.
Fantastic forum and a great resource! I wish I had found this sooner.
Regarding the above post, this is exactly what happened to me. I've had a Wildtrak on order since 3/21 and got a golden ticket for the Raptor, but when I went to convert my existing order, my dealer was told the Wildtrak had just gotten a scheduled build date (which I did confirm with Ford) and the order wasn't allowed to be updated. After my dealer spoke with someone at Ford, he was able to put my Raptor order through, and I did receive an email confirmation of the order from Ford, but I'm still uneasy about whether or not I'll get it. I'm still reading all the posts here, but is the general feeling that the email confirmation from Ford assures delivery, regardless of dealer allocation? I'm sure hoping so.

OP
R

redealmaker

Mar 26, 2022
midwest
Yes I received the build notice after I had accepted the GT. Since I was on the fence about the Raptor, if I received my WT it wouldn’t be the worst thing. I just don’t want to end up with nothing.

CVSJR

Founding Member
Feb 5, 2022
Gallery
Freehold NJ
Yes I received the build notice after I had accepted the GT. Since I was on the fence about the Raptor, if I received my WT it wouldn’t be the worst thing. I just don’t want to end up with nothing.
Still might be able to do this if you keep the Wildtrak order, I think deadline is 28th:

How can I get a Bronco Everglades and the Wildtrak with HOSS 3.0 Package?
For the 2022 model year, all Bronco Everglades and HOSS 3.0 packages will go to existing unscheduled order holders. If you would like a chance at one these new models, make sure you have an unscheduled order prior to March 7, 2022. Starting on March 9, 2022, see your dealer to update your existing order to one of these new models.

Top Member Reactions