Am I crazy not to use my Golden Ticket?

OP
R

redealmaker

Mar 26, 2022
midwest
If you just got scheduled after the GT allocations your dealer will access both, that Wildtrak show up there even if you switch to the Raptor, which also gets delivered regardless of what you decide.
I just spoke with my dealer and they confirmed what you said. They said they will get the WT and ordered me the Raptor, received an email from Ford confirming the Raptor order so I hope all is good. My only question is how do I know if I kept my original reservation stamp so I am at the front of the line for the Raptor and this is not just a new order putting me at the end of the line?

luterdan

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
Jacksonville, FL

Birdsonthebat

Founding Member
Feb 16, 2022
Gallery
Illinois
Fantastic forum and a great resource! I wish I had found this sooner.
Regarding the above post, this is exactly what happened to me. I've had a Wildtrak on order since 3/21 and got a golden ticket for the Raptor, but when I went to convert my existing order, my dealer was told the Wildtrak had just gotten a scheduled build date (which I did confirm with Ford) and the order wasn't allowed to be updated. After my dealer spoke with someone at Ford, he was able to put my Raptor order through, and I did receive an email confirmation of the order from Ford, but I'm still uneasy about whether or not I'll get it. I'm still reading all the posts here, but is the general feeling that the email confirmation from Ford assures delivery, regardless of dealer allocation? I'm sure hoping so.
This happened to me also. I still have to take delivery on the Wildtrac.

Birdsonthebat

Founding Member
Feb 16, 2022
Gallery
Illinois
I just spoke with my dealer and they confirmed what you said. They said they will get the WT and ordered me the Raptor, received an email from Ford confirming the Raptor order so I hope all is good. My only question is how do I know if I kept my original reservation stamp so I am at the front of the line for the Raptor and this is not just a new order putting me at the end of the line?
I think when we lost our reservation, we moved to the back of the line.

CVSJR

Founding Member
Feb 5, 2022
Gallery
Freehold NJ
I think when we lost our reservation, we moved to the back of the line.
From what I've heard all the '22 Bronco Raptors that Ford allocated will be built this summer before switching to '23. Good bet you'll see it before Fall regardless of some perceived "spot in line"

Birdsonthebat

Founding Member
Feb 16, 2022
Gallery
Illinois
From what I've heard all the '22 Bronco Raptors that Ford allocated will be built this summer before switching to '23. Good bet you'll see it before Fall regardless of some perceived "spot in line"
Still be nice to have that early second day res behind it.

Panhead

Founding Member
Mar 28, 2022
Gallery
USA
Does anyone know the most efficient way to sell a Braptor reservation if I need to get out. While they would have to step into my deposit, build and dealer price, they would get a 2022 allocation.
It’s not yours to sell. You could buy it and then resell it.

Panhead

Founding Member
Mar 28, 2022
Gallery
USA
If Ford imposes a no-sale clause in my purchase contract they had better refund me the adm the dealership is hard balling me into paying! I don’t intend on selling but that would be the icing on the cake of sitting around waiting for Ford to produce the vehicle I put a deposit on in 2020!
What they are doing is a no sale clause on dealer allocation that is sold at MSRP. No clause in most cases if you pay more than MSRP. And in this case it would be the dealer that creates the no sale clause not Ford.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Nobody has the truthful answer to your question. We don't know how or why in which the orders are scheduled to be built. We may guess dealer allotments, commodities, colors, reservation timestamp, order entry date & time, etc, have an influence, but I don't think we really know. After we all get our deliveries and if someone could gather all the info from each of us, maybe we could figure out a system that was in play, but by then none of us will care. Similiar to dealer allotments, I've not heard of definitive explanation there either.

I'm grateful to have the opportunity to order and purchase the first year Bronco Raptor, I'm not scheduled for build yet, and I'm ok with that, as in the end I'm more concerned with having a high quality, issue free, vehicle.

Blueraptor2022

Founding Member
Mar 14, 2022
Gallery
Canada
Be advised that Ford will likely impose a no-sale clause in your purchase contract that prevents resale (or imposes a penalty) in the first 12 months or so. They are trying to discourage flipping...
I agree but I believe that policy is ridiculous, once I pay for the Bronco it is mine and I can destroy it if I want to. Ford has made it's money so they really have no say and I don't think those agreements hold up in court. I plan on keeping mine BR anyway so for me it's of no concern.

Apache 8

Founding Member
Feb 18, 2022
SoCal
I agree but I believe that policy is ridiculous, once I pay for the Bronco it is mine and I can destroy it if I want to. Ford has made it's money so they really have no say and I don't think those agreements hold up in court. I plan on keeping mine BR anyway so for me it's of no concern.
I know how you feel, but these clauses are occasionally invoked and without agreeing to comply, a potential buyer will not get to purchase the vehicle. One of the noteworthy examples was the wrestler John Cena who bought a Ford GT after signing the 24 month no sale clause. He sold it shortly therefater and was promnptly sued by Ford and quite successfully.

Top Member Reactions