Anderson Composites | Ford Performance Dry Carbon Fiber Parts on Bronco Raptor Build [SEMA 2022]

Lots of great SEMA 2022 builds showing up on various forums, and as was foretold, the Warthog features in a lot of them. This build is particularly interesting for the carbon fiber replacements for the fender vents and flares, made by Ford Performance of all people. Really wondering if these are publicly available.

1667343695718.png

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
It appears to me that the "Ford Performance" dry carbon fiber parts are actually our OEM parts wrapped in a carbon fiber wrap to assist in showcasing their Carbon Fiber Hardtop and Tube Doors.

1667358507693.png

This Hardtop looks really cool, curious what the advantage besides weight.

1667358879907.png

1667358943058.png

OP
Ironmike

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
It appears to me that the "Ford Performance" dry carbon fiber parts are actually our OEM parts wrapped in a carbon fiber wrap to assist in showcasing their Carbon Fiber Hardtop and Tube Doors.

View attachment 4193

This Hardtop looks really cool, curious what the advantage besides weight.

View attachment 4194
View attachment 4195
Likely. Also I heard that Anderson Composites actually produced those parts for Ford (possibly only for show vehicles like this). So likely not widely available. Still super cool, and I’ll be asking around to see how I can get me some!

DdYHrse

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 15, 2022
Gallery
Dallas, TX
Notice in that rear fender pic the accessory ready part that nobody knows why it is there has been removed. I don't know if they just wrapped them. They may have totally made them from scratch. Awesome look. A carbon fiber roof would be pretty easy to just pick up and remove. HA.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Notice in that rear fender pic the accessory ready part that nobody knows why it is there has been removed. I don't know if they just wrapped them. They may have totally made them from scratch. Awesome look. A carbon fiber roof would be pretty easy to just pick up and remove. HA.
Guessing they filled in the rear fender accessory pad or replaced with a smooth part. As we know, build teams didn't have much time to prepare their Bronco Raptors for SEMA 2022 therefore I would expect some shortcuts needed to be made. The roof being same as Bronco I would expect is a production ready worthy unit.

A few more pics
1667419035009.png

1667419080466.png

1667419133265.png

1667419233499.png

1667419265846.png

1667419296311.png

1667419374453.png

1667419413018.png

1667419449838.png

1667419506648.png

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
The "dry" carbon fiber wrap looks great! I might have to do that instead of clear PPF.

The carbon fiber top is killer as well! I wonder how much that is going to be?

Losy

Founding Member
Apr 9, 2022
Gallery
Long Beach, CA
My son spoke to his buddy at Camburg and they are running their KMC wheels offset at 0mm.
I know lost of us have been wondering what offset would fit. They seem to fit well in the picks above.

OP
Ironmike

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
My son spoke to his buddy at Camburg and they are running their KMC wheels offset at 0mm.
I know lost of us have been wondering what offset would fit. They seem to fit well in the picks above.
Lots of different offsets will "fit", just a matter of how much tire you want uncovered by the flares. The pictures above show that the tires are sticking out considerably more than normal (maybe 1 to 1.5 inches?). I'd be worried about throwing more mud and rocks off-road.

Losy

Founding Member
Apr 9, 2022
Gallery
Long Beach, CA
Lots of different offsets will "fit", just a matter of how much tire you want uncovered by the flares. The pictures above show that the tires are sticking out considerably more than normal (maybe 1 to 1.5 inches?). I'd be worried about throwing more mud and rocks off-road.
the tires are making it appear that way. OEM is +34
If my math is correct they are 1.3 inches over stock. I am more worried about off road clearances with large fenders and the slight lip.
Camburg knows racing, so now this provides a good gauge.

Tye

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Gallery
Bay Area
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Porsche GT3
I spoke to Anderson composite about the carbon fiber flares and hood insert (as well as hardtop) and they told me all of it is actually carbon fiber (not carbon fiber looking vinyl) but it is made for Ford Performance only and can be purchased from Ford Performance. Has anyone seen a listing for them from Ford Performance?

As for the top, they have no sound db measurements to compare to factory top, and they have no interest in getting measurements. Unfortunate for a part that costs this much there is no actual data to substantiate is it actually better than a factory top, or does it only "look" better. I was toying with the idea of selling my top for it, and either doing a black tinted clear coat, or satin pff on it, but just don't know now.

Last edited:

Apache 8

Founding Member
Feb 18, 2022
SoCal
I spoke to Anderson composite about the carbon fiber flares and hood insert (as well as hardtop) and they told me all of it is actually carbon fiber (not carbon fiber looking vinyl) but it is made for Ford Performance only and can be purchased from Ford Performance. Has anyone seen a listing for them from Ford Performance?

As for the top, they have no sound db measurements to compare to factory top, and they have no interest in getting measurements. Unfortunate for a part that costs this much there is no actual data to substantiate is it actually better than a factory top, or does it only "look" better. I was toying with the idea of selling my top for it, and either doing a black tinted clear coat, or satin pff on it, but just don't know now.
The interior roof cover for the carbon fiber hard top on the Anderson site looks much more substantial than the stock sound deadening material on bronco hard tops. Although there is no way to know if there is a difference without actually measuring them.

Tye

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Gallery
Bay Area
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Porsche GT3
Spoke to Ford Performance this morning, they do not have pricing yet for these parts. They anticipate the parts being launched in June as long as things stay on track. (their exact words).

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor

Spoke to Ford Performance this morning, they do not have pricing yet for these parts. They anticipate the parts being launched in June as long as things stay on track. (their exact words).
Hmm, I'm suspecting the possiblity of a Bronco Raptor "special edition", something like a "Carbon Edition" or a Bronco Raptor "R" edition similiar to the Mustang GT3 but for off-road with CF parts. I'm questioning if FP would go this extent just to offer the same part in CF without a specific design intent.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Hmm, I'm suspecting the possiblity of a Bronco Raptor "special edition", something like a "Carbon Edition" or a Bronco Raptor "R" edition similiar to the Mustang GT3 but for off-road with CF parts. I'm questioning if FP would go this extent just to offer the same part in CF without a specific design intent.
Could also be a future Carbon Fiber package option as was available on the GT500, then parts offered separately as seen below in the FP on-line parts catalog.
1676995691046.png

Tye

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Gallery
Bay Area
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Porsche GT3
It will be interesting to see what comes from this, if its an option package offered on new builds like you mentioned. Given all the different opinions on the factory flares, I can't see there being that much demand to just be building these parts for aftermarket sales, especially when you factor in the cost to have to replace the dry carbon part if/when you damage it off-roading.

Top Member Reactions