Best additional Ford warranties to purchase?

BRVOL

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
East TN
Military
US ARMY
Current Ride
2021 Subaru Outback Onyx XT
Current Ride #2
2002 BMW 1150RT
What is everyones experience with the best additional warranties Ford offers at the time of purchase and what can we expect to pay for them?

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
I've never bought an additional or extended warranty and I highly doubt I will with the Bronco Raptor. My thoughts have always been that within the original warranty if it appears to be a troublesome vehicle I'll sell it while it's still under warranty and order a new one. In the case of the Bronco Raptor I may come out ahead vs paying for additional warranty since I'm buying at MSRP.

Panhead

Founding Member
Mar 28, 2022
Gallery
USA
What is everyones experience with the best additional warranties Ford offers at the time of purchase and what can we expect to pay for them?
I say get the best one they offer, seriously, IMH the oEM extended are by far the best. Hit them 10-20% less and see where it goes.
the only time I have not have a service contract break even is when I sold way too soon.

Rob41

Founding Member
Apr 19, 2022
Gallery
Northern MI
I've never bought an extended warranty but I may consider it this time. It's a first year run and not a cheap vehicle.

In case I end up selling (doubt I will) I wonder if the Ford extended warranties are transferable?

Panhead

Founding Member
Mar 28, 2022
Gallery
USA
I've never bought an extended warranty but I may consider it this time. It's a first year run and not a cheap vehicle.

In case I end up selling (doubt I will) I wonder if the Ford extended warranties are transferable?
They are….might be a small transfer fee.

Rob41

Founding Member
Apr 19, 2022
Gallery
Northern MI
Thanks, good to know. For some reason I trust the extended warranty they offer more than the endless ones in the mail and on the phone.

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
I’m with Turbo, leaning towards not getting the EW. But having been a 30+ year customer of my current dealer, I’ll see what leverage I can apply to get it at cost (or less).

Antimatter Blue

Founding Member
Feb 13, 2022
Gallery
Los Angeles
With two large displays and all the lane-keeping, cameras, and other electronic gadgetry, I’m thinking an extended warranty is a must.

I’m betting there will be at least one expensive electronics-related repair in the first 150k miles. My experience with electronics in vehicles suggests that’s a good call.

luterdan

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
Jacksonville, FL
With two large displays and all the lane-keeping, cameras, and other electronic gadgetry, I’m thinking an extended warranty is a must.

I’m betting there will be at least one expensive electronics-related repair in the first 150k miles. My experience with electronics in vehicles suggests that’s a good call.
It's also the first model year so there are bound to be issues that may not warrent a recall but have to be repaired

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
It's also the first model year so there are bound to be issues that may not warrent a recall but have to be repaired
yeah but those kinds of issues tend to manifest themselves during the normal warranty period.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor

Good points, there is also sensor's everywhere, so confirm the Ford extended warranty includes all electronics and sensors.

supersix

Go for Launch!
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
U-S-A
Current Ride
2021 Bronco FE
I would also highly recommend Granger for the extended warranty. Best deal out there. Here is some additional information:

Please send an email to [email protected] with the following information:

Name
Address
Phone number
VIN
Mileage on Super Duty now
Coverage desired (years and mileage)

The entire process will be handled seamlessly online by electronic signature and a secure electronic deposit. Your contract will be in force within 2-3 business days of completion of the deposit and electronic signature. Ford's ESP system is nationwide and will update electronically within their system showing your contract status, so you won't need a paper copy of the contract to bring with you, it is tied to your VIN number.

Ford pass points can be used towards the purchase of these contracts as well!

I bought my Bronco through them and the experience was awesome. I'll definitely be a repeat customer. :cool:

DdYHrse

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 15, 2022
Gallery
Dallas, TX
Just be sure it is through Ford and not a 3rd party. Sometimes they will slip one in there and just call it an extended warranty and it is from a 3rd party. Learned that the hard way one time when I had to go collect from them on a sheared off ball joint. I think when we just purchased my wife's Lincoln Aviator, which was similarly priced to this vehicle, it was around $3,500 for the 100,000 mile bumper to bumper deal. don't hold me to that obviously.

Zach@Granger

May 24, 2022
Gallery
Granger, IA
I would also highly recommend Granger for the extended warranty. Best deal out there. Here is some additional information:

I bought my Bronco through them and the experience was awesome. I'll definitely be a repeat customer. :cool:
We are a little late to the part on the board, but you can get an extended service contract from us on the Bronco Raptor for $50 over our dealership cost. You must have taken delivery from your selling dealership first and have an in-service date.

All you need to do is email [email protected]

Thanks!

Zach

OP
BRVOL

BRVOL

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
East TN
Military
US ARMY
Current Ride
2021 Subaru Outback Onyx XT
Current Ride #2
2002 BMW 1150RT
We are a little late to the part on the board, but you can get an extended service contract from us on the Bronco Raptor for $50 over our dealership cost. You must have taken delivery from your selling dealership first and have an in-service date.

All you need to do is email [email protected]

Thanks!

Zach
Thanks for the info. I will be in touch in the near future.

onthelookout

Founding Member
Sep 19, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
I probably just need to read the fine print, but do the Ford extended warranties refund any proceeds if the policy is cancelled at a later date, prior to expiration? I know companies such as Fidelity pro-rate refunds if the policy is cancelled for whatever reason (based on time or miles, whichever derives a lower refund), but curious for anyone that has a Ford plan if that is similar.

Zach@Granger

May 24, 2022
Gallery
Granger, IA
I probably just need to read the fine print, but do the Ford extended warranties refund any proceeds if the policy is cancelled at a later date, prior to expiration? I know companies such as Fidelity pro-rate refunds if the policy is cancelled for whatever reason (based on time or miles, whichever derives a lower refund), but curious for anyone that has a Ford plan if that is similar.
Yes, you get a pro-rated refund.

onthelookout

Founding Member
Sep 19, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Yes, you get a pro-rated refund.
Appreciate that insight as I try to understand the plan. Lastly, can the extended warranty be added at any time if the vehicle remains under the factory warranty, and if so, is there any change in price for the same coverage (e.g. difference price if purchased at delivery vs. year 2 / 3, if the latter is possible)?

I'll likely be in touch when I take delivery of the Raptor in a few weeks.

Top Member Reactions