Best way Increase HP and low end torque without having to go the Henessey route

Jrlsnake3

Feb 5, 2023
Magnolia, TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
I’m a fan of what Hennessy puts out. Obviously they are as well with the price tag on their product offerings/packages. I’m not interested in the aesthetic decals, etc… Im just wanting to enhance my wife’s new Braptor with additional HP and low end torque. I’m not a vehicle or engine nut and wouldn’t claim to know much about engines in general. I just want as much increased HP and low end torque without having to nut up another $30k+, and do so without sacrificing both the stock esthetics and also without having to worry about damaging the engine…any help/thoughts appreciated!!!

The JB4 tuner may be the easiest route to get an increase. See the videos by Lethal Performance on an install as well as real world and dyno gains. Roush Performance and Ford Performance may have something also. CJ Pony sells Ford Performance parts at a discount.

I’m a fan of what Hennessy puts out. Obviously they are as well with the price tag on their product offerings/packages. I’m not interested in the aesthetic decals, etc… Im just wanting to enhance my wife’s new Braptor with additional HP and low end torque. I’m not a vehicle or engine nut and wouldn’t claim to know much about engines in general. I just want as much increased HP and low end torque without having to nut up another $30k+, and do so without sacrificing both the stock esthetics and also without having to worry about damaging the engine…any help/thoughts appreciated!!!
Welcome to the forum! You have found the correct site for your question as many of us are desiring the same performance enhancements and echo the same sediments.

@ChiliPepper is correct, the JB4 tuner available at Lethal Performance is currently the only tuning option available for our Bronco Raptors. The JB4 is architected differently that other tuners in that it's a plug and play "Add On" as shown in this video below.

A vehicles computer systems have security locks on them to prevent custom tuning due to the auto manufactures need to limit specific CPU modifications to feasibly warranty and to continue meeting EPA regulations. Our Bronco Raptors CPU's security has not been breached yet. There will be custom tuning available in the future and this site will have the latest info.

Hennessey Performance is a complete engineered performance package, as you are aware, that results in a very reliable performance vehicle. Hennessey creates their own proprietary CPU performance tuning and as such also have increased resale value.

@LethalPerformance will be offering various tuning devices once available and they have their own forum on this site in the Sponsor's forum section where they continously keep us updated on the latest offerings, installations, and testing results.

I have a JB4 installed on mine along with the Whipple Mega Cooler. On Map 1 with the JB4 I don;t notice much but with maps 2 & 3 you can notice power gains for sure. I like how it is so aggressive like previous tunes I have had and doesn't mess with the idle or the shifting really from what I can tell. Just smooth noticeable power. Easy to install and use as well.

Back