Braptor bumpers

DdYHrse

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 15, 2022
Gallery
Dallas, TX
Does anybody have any insider info on the Bronco Raptor bumpers mounting the same as the regular Bronco HDM bumpers? It has the Rigid lights built in, wind deflectors, and they show the silver color but other than that are they the same? I would love to know this so I could go ahead and get some front and rear bumpers on the way and have them here about the same time as my build. I saw ADD was going to test fit their stuff first, but looking at pics they appear to be the same minus the obvious differences that shouldn't impact mounting. Now that SVC has the parking sensors and ACC bracket I was starting to lean their way. Their tubular design only goes to the edge of the body so I don't see them interfering with fenders like some others.

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
Does anybody have any insider info on the Bronco Raptor bumpers mounting the same as the regular Bronco HDM bumpers? It has the Rigid lights built in, wind deflectors, and they show the silver color but other than that are they the same? I would love to know this so I could go ahead and get some front and rear bumpers on the way and have them here about the same time as my build. I saw ADD was going to test fit their stuff first, but looking at pics they appear to be the same minus the obvious differences that shouldn't impact mounting. Now that SVC has the parking sensors and ACC bracket I was starting to lean their way. Their tubular design only goes to the edge of the body so I don't see them interfering with fenders like some others.
I've had a couple different manufacturers tell me unofficially that the bumper mounting is compatible from regular Bronco to Raptor. Don't know if I'd start making purchases based on that, but it looks like a pretty good bet.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
There could possibly be a structural difference under the lower bash plate. Similiar but appears slightly different, and I'm not referring to black vs silver.

2022 Ford Bronco Raptor_Wildtrak_01.jpg

Last edited:

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Appears to be another formed plate between bumper and bash plate.

2022 Ford Bronco Raptor_chassis_ 12c.jpg

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Bumpers return shipping will have you regretting a pre-purchase. There could also be aftermarket Bronco bumpers that are modificed specifically for the Raptor. If your planning on launching you may also want a similiar weight front bumper. High speed nose dive doesn't sound attractive.

OP
DdYHrse

DdYHrse

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 15, 2022
Gallery
Dallas, TX
Definitely waiting on that purchase. Ha. I’m just antsy and after waiting 2 years and I don’t want to wait another 6 months in order to make the upgrades I want. Guess that is life now. As far as the jumping is concerned I want to try it, but I also don’t want to shatter my vertebrae. I don’t know if anyone else saw that story about the guy who jumped his raptor truck and shattered his back. Does not sound like fun.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Definitely waiting on that purchase. Ha. I’m just antsy and after waiting 2 years and I don’t want to wait another 6 months in order to make the upgrades I want. Guess that is life now. As far as the jumping is concerned I want to try it, but I also don’t want to shatter my vertebrae. I don’t know if anyone else saw that story about the guy who jumped his raptor truck and shattered his back. Does not sound like fun.
Ouch! Just watched a few youtube video's of raptor jumps, doesn't look as appealing now.

Rob41

Founding Member
Apr 19, 2022
Gallery
Northern MI
There could possibly be a structural difference under the lower bash plate. Similiar but appears slightly different, and I'm not referring to black vs silver.

View attachment 1029
They are different lower control arms on the BRaptor and you can see they are at a steeper angle. In spite of that, the skid plate still hangs lower.

The bumpers might be interchangeable but it doesn't look like the skid plates are. I'd wait on ordering either until we know for sure.

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
If ADD is your targeted vendor, what have they told you about bumper compatibility?

OP
DdYHrse

DdYHrse

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 15, 2022
Gallery
Dallas, TX
If ADD is your targeted vendor, what have they told you about bumper compatibility?
I have not talked to them yet. I saw an earlier post that ADD wanted to set up a test vehicle with someone that has a braptor on order and they would be able to keep whatever products they use. Too bad I don't live near where they are. I have a feeling the bumper itself may mount the same, but with having a larger engine and more than likely a larger intercooler the skid plates will probably be different. It is a desert runner/ rock crawler so I am leaning towards ADD or SVC for their clean desert style.

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
I have not talked to them yet. I saw an earlier post that ADD wanted to set up a test vehicle with someone that has a braptor on order and they would be able to keep whatever products they use. Too bad I don't live near where they are. I have a feeling the bumper itself may mount the same, but with having a larger engine and more than likely a larger intercooler the skid plates will probably be different. It is a desert runner/ rock crawler so I am leaning towards ADD or SVC for their clean desert style.
Agreed, I like how their products tuck in tightly in front...doesn't impact approach angle too much.

OP
DdYHrse

DdYHrse

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 15, 2022
Gallery
Dallas, TX
I can see how there are probably differences on the front bumper and skid plates with the braptor having a larger engine etc., but I would like to think that the rear is probably the same as the standard Bronco. I still don't think I am going to stick my neck out there and order something without knowing for sure. My main concern is that since they are making so few of these and they are really only going to golden ticket holders and a few allocations to dealers here and there the after market is going to take a while on having multiple options for things that are raptor specific. Mostly I am talking about front bumpers and fenders. If someone like ADD had to put out a request for a volunteer to use it for test fitting then I would like to think the other manufacturers will have to do the same. I am sure they will come at some point, but I doubt we see multiple options as quickly as we have with the standard Broncos. Not like this thing isn't going to be awesome in it's factory form, but I like to customize and make it my own.

OP
DdYHrse

DdYHrse

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 15, 2022
Gallery
Dallas, TX
I just got word from ADD that their bomber bumpers and skid plates do fit on the Raptor. They would work in their standard form, but they are not 100% satisfied. They said the grill is actually a touch wider than the standard one and they are going to be tweaking them to fit and look better in the coming days. They will also be making the stealth and rock fighters for it as well. If you were in a real hurry you could make the standard offerings work though.

Tye

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Gallery
Bay Area
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Porsche GT3
Bumping an old thread to see what bumper anyone has actually installed on their Bronco Raptors. If you have installed an aftermarket number, any issues with the parking sensors?

Feb 7, 2023
Gallery
wi
Current Ride
22 Braptor
Current Ride #2
12' Raptor
+1 I'm looking for a decent rear bumper that won't break the ban, options seem limited....

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
+1 I'm looking for a decent rear bumper that won't break the ban, options seem limited....
Welcome to the forum! 🍻 I don't have a quick referral for you on bumpers however good possibility some other members will have.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
ADD's new bumpers for the Bronco Raptor look pretty wicked!

2022-2023-Ford-Bronco-Raptor-Bomber-Front-Bumper-Baja-head-on_1800x1800.jpg

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
I’m curious if there is enough airflow for intercooler with this setup (bumper and lights). Thoughts?

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
I’m curious if there is enough airflow for intercooler with this setup (bumper and lights). Thoughts?
Thinking likewise. That bumper doesn’t appear to allow much airflow thru.

Price is way up there too. $2K for the bumper. Another $1.8K or so for the lights and ACC relo kit. Whew!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions