Bronco Nation Drives the 2022 Bronco Raptor

1654557563820.png

Posted June 6, 2022 on Bronco Nation By Laura Zielinski

Bronco Nation has gotten a first crack at driving the Bronco Raptor!

Full Details + Lots of Video to Come
Yesterday was an on-road drive experience, and today, Jordan hit the dirt. While drive impressions will have to wait to be shared, Jordan’s been answering your other questions on the impressive new SUV.

1. What does it sound like? Some people were disappointed the Bronco Raptor was being introduced with a 3.0L V-6 instead of a V-8. Back in November, BN was invited to the listening party –– catch the exclusive here –– and since then, Ford has released the engine’s HP (418) and torque (440lb-ft) output. While people still may not like the sound, MotorTrend reports that “the V-6 in the Bronco Raptor makes more torque than the 5.0 liter V-8 of the Mustang GT.”

2. What is the towing capacity? The Bronco Raptor can pull 4,500 pounds, 1,000 more than the standard series of Bronco.

3. Fuel economy? You aren’t getting the Bronco Raptor to save on gas. The EPA recently released numbers: 15 mpg combined (15 mpg city/16 mpg highway).

4. What is the price range? The Bronco Raptor starts at $69,995, including $1,495 destination and delivery. Since the SUV comes in fewer configurations (4-door, hard top, 3.0L, and 10-speed trans only, with 37″ tires standard), you’re looking at features like paint, wheels, seating, and the carbon fiber and Lux packages upping the cost. Jordan shows off the Code Orange seat belts, a $395 addition, for instance. Fully maxed out, you may be looking at a price of $82,550.

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
That looks like part of the same course in Johnson Valley that Ford was testing in last Dec/Jan prior to KOH.

OP
TurboS

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
All our info has been based on specifications and observations, Finally we will be starting to get some driver impressions/reviews. Could that photo be taken in a location that is within a day's driving from Palm Springs Cali? This article states yesterday was on-road driving which happens to be the day after all the BR's were photographed in Palm Springs. I'm trying to connect some dots, like maybe more Media than just Bronco Nation particiated, with all those BR's.

Apache 8

Founding Member
Feb 18, 2022
SoCal
All our info has been based on specifications and observations, Finally we will be starting to get some driver impressions/reviews. Could that photo be taken in a location that is within a day's driving from Palm Springs Cali? This article states yesterday was on-road driving which happens to be the day after all the BR's were photographed in Palm Springs. I'm trying to connect some dots, like maybe more Media than just Bronco Nation particiated, with all those BR's.
Yes

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
Yes, JV is quite close. Some of the same BRaptors were over in Idyllwild yesterday - again only an hour or so from PS.

DdYHrse

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 15, 2022
Gallery
Dallas, TX
Check out the broncos from the B6G photos and that Everglades green one up top here appears to be the same one. It has the amber fogs and the amber ditch lights like the other. I would guess these are the same broncos and they gathered up all the Youtube stars from the first release to do another round of videos. Just wait. There will be about 10 people with first drive review coming out about the same time.

OP
TurboS

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Check out the broncos from the B6G photos and that Everglades green one up top here appears to be the same one. It has the amber fogs and the amber ditch lights like the other. I would guess these are the same broncos and they gathered up all the Youtube stars from the first release to do another round of videos. Just wait. There will be about 10 people with first drive review coming out about the same time.
Agreed, I think we are about to see a bunch of new review video's. BTW, Antimatter Blue here on this forum took the pics and we have dispersed them here on this site by adding to our BR photo by colors threads.

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
Agreed, I think we are about to see a bunch of new review video's. BTW, Antimatter Blue here on this forum took the pics and we have dispersed them here on this site by adding to our BR photo by colors threads.
Yes, based on some instagram posts, the media “embargo” on the recent event ends June 20. Then the social media onslaught begins…

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
I can't wait to hear all the firsthand reviews! Sounds like they will be dropping any day now.

OP
TurboS

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
From Bronco Nation in Johnson Valley

1654657839243.png

1654657933065.png

1654657962537.png

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
Yes you did! Have you been there with your Bronco?
I haven’t been, but have seen tons of video from there. And my Bronco is still a long way off…😕

But when it finally arrives, Bronco Knoll is on my bucket list. Plus attending a KOH live.

TCopp

Founding Member
Feb 27, 2022
Gallery
KC
Current Ride
Raptor
First Responder
Paramedic
June 20th will be a busy reading day for all of us.

OP
TurboS

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Instagram post by Jonny Lieberman

1654715357603.png
1654715391965.png

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
I like Jonny's reviews so I can't wait to hear his thoughts after getting to spend some time with the Bronco Raptor.

Top Member Reactions