Bronco Raptor 50k over MSRP

Texag78

Nov 12, 2022
Texas
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Outerbanks Sasquatch
Current Ride #2
2019 Lincoln Navigator
My dealer called and said they had one more allocation BRaptor if I wanted it…$20k over MSRP. What do y’all think? Would you pass? I wouldn’t get it until March 23 at the earliest, so will these even still be in demand then?

SteelBronco

Founding Member
Oct 24, 2021
Gallery
Western Maryland
Current Ride
Bronco
My dealer called and said they had one more allocation BRaptor if I wanted it…$20k over MSRP. What do y’all think? Would you pass? I wouldn’t get it until March 23 at the earliest, so will these even still be in demand then?
I most certainly would unless I was a lollipop!

Last edited:

SteelBronco

Founding Member
Oct 24, 2021
Gallery
Western Maryland
Current Ride
Bronco
What is a lollipop?
First do you already have a scheduled Bronco Raptor? If the answer is YES then I most certainly would pass unless I was a lollipop 🍭 also know as a sucker!

If you do not have a scheduled Bronco Raptor yet then I absolutely would consider getting this. I would still try to work down the ADM fee.

szabo_martin

Nov 22, 2022
Canada
Current Ride
Denali HD
Current Ride #2
Bronco Raptor
Do you guys who have one feel its worth it? Im in Canada and my Raptor is at the dealer I just need to fly home to get it. With the dealer price correction and luxury tax its 140k Canadian.. about 105 USD. Im hesitant because the car market and luxury good market seems to be tanking. I dont want to flip it, but I also want to have some comfort that it wont be a 75k vehicle in 6 months. Seems a lot of people ordered them to sell since US autotrader has a ton with delivery miles. I know nobody has a crystal ball but what do you guys see as far as supply and demand for these things?

braptor0074

Founding Member
Jun 5, 2022
Gallery
Pennsylvania
Do you guys who have one feel its worth it? Im in Canada and my Raptor is at the dealer I just need to fly home to get it. With the dealer price correction and luxury tax its 140k Canadian.. about 105 USD. Im hesitant because the car market and luxury good market seems to be tanking. I dont want to flip it, but I also want to have some comfort that it wont be a 75k vehicle in 6 months. Seems a lot of people ordered them to sell since US autotrader has a ton with delivery miles. I know nobody has a crystal ball but what do you guys see as far as supply and demand for these things?
The ones Ive seen selling on bring a trailer have been going for 120k-113k recently US dollars. The number of Raptors flooding the market are likely bc some people have gotten them from allocations or golden tickets close to sticker and can’t pass up the chance to list them for a nice profit. I love mine and am not selling but I can understand why some are. Good luck!

Last edited:

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
In the US market, from what I have seen, Raptors have had the best resale value of any American production automobile since their introduction in 2010 with Jeep Wranglers holding a close second. I think this is due to limited production numbers and these off-road vehicles having evolved to also be very comfortable on-road with Raptors possibly being the #1 best riding vehicle available anywhere. With anticipated limited production of the Bronco Raptors I believe they will be another leader in resale value.

Welcome to BroncoRaptor.com! Congrats on having a choice, and I don't have a crystal ball either, life is short and it's great to have cool vehicles/toys to make the best of it.

szabo_martin

Nov 22, 2022
Canada
Current Ride
Denali HD
Current Ride #2
Bronco Raptor
Thanks guys! Yeah I watched a video by Hoonigan yesterday and he's right in his assessment that the Bronco Raptor is in essence the supercar of off roaders in that it can do low speed and high speed off roading amazingly well and be livable on the road. I guess I just got a bit of buyers remorse with the price... MSRP is reasonable but the extras take it up by 40%. I know nobody has a crystal ball just curious with production numbers etc.
In the US market, from what I have seen, Raptors have had the best resale value of any American production automobile since their introduction in 2010 with Jeep Wranglers holding a close second. I think this is due to limited production numbers and these off-road vehicles having evolved to also be very comfortable on-road with Raptors possibly being the #1 best riding vehicle available anywhere. With anticipated limited production of the Bronco Raptors I believe they will be another leader in resale value.

Welcome to BroncoRaptor.com! Congrats on having a choice, and I don't have a crystal ball either, life is short and it's great to have cool vehicles/toys to make the best of it

Losy

Founding Member
Apr 9, 2022
Gallery
Long Beach, CA
i agree with the posts above from TurboS and others. This is a very special vehicle and in high demand. All of my friends and family who have owned Raptors (F150) have had a good experience with resale values. At a little over 100k USD I think you have room for market fluctuations in the event you needed to sell it for some unforeseen reason. You won't find one in California for that price new. Once your drive it you will forget all about the buyers remorse. This vehicle feels so much more planted and solid than my 2022 2.7l Badlands that I recently sold and was very happy with.

szabo_martin

Nov 22, 2022
Canada
Current Ride
Denali HD
Current Ride #2
Bronco Raptor
Hey guys I passed on it. Not sure what the dealer will do if they have a list of people to call or will put it up for sale? Im sure it will sell quick it just wasn't for me

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Hey guys I passed on it. Not sure what the dealer will do if they have a list of people to call or will put it up for sale? Im sure it will sell quick it just wasn't for me
I've also passed on opportunities in the past, sometimes it just doesn't work for you. I'm quite sure you have made someone a very happy lucky person. Thank you for your consideration. Oh, and Ford will be building more Bronco Raptors, so you never know.

szabo_martin

Nov 22, 2022
Canada
Current Ride
Denali HD
Current Ride #2
Bronco Raptor
That was my thought... Id rather it go to someone who really wants one and will enjoy it. I should've ordered the Raptor R F150 and traded my DenaliHD on it.

Montducati

Dec 1, 2022
Gallery
Connecticut
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2020 BMW M2 Comp
I received the email offer from Ford over a year ago to convert my reservation to a Raptor which I accepted immediately. Two days later I received the rejection email that they could not honor it!
Fast forward to last week when I received notice that my Wildtrak with HOSS 3.0 was scheduled to be delivered to the dealer. My sales rep called me and told me I should come in to start the paper work and get my trade-in appraised. I happened to mention to him that my first choice was a Raptor; however, Ford rejected my request. He proceeded to tell me they currently have one Raptor in the showroom that a customer has been dragging his feet on taking delivery for almost a month. He asked me if I would be interested should it become available and I said 100% yes.
Long story short the original owner never showed and I ended up with the Shadow Black Raptor. The only way it worked for me financially is, I received an excellent trade-in value for my 2016-GT350 (which I hardly drove) and a $10k credit back for the Wildtrak which I relinquished to the dealer. That all considered I still paid over MSRP; although, half of what the original buyer would have paid over MSRP.
Granted I was very nervous about paying this much for a Braptor, I know from experience just how well the Raptor name does with resale.
My first preowned 2010 F150 Raptor was purchased for $34k, drove it for 2 years and put 15k more miles on it. My dealer purchased it from me for $32.5k. My second 2017 Raptor which I ordered new cost me $10k over MSRP which I unfortunately totaled in an accident. The insurance company also gave me a very fair replacement value based on Raptor‘s market value. My third Raptor was a 2018 fully loaded and purchased preowned with about 18K miles for $54k. I drove it for a year, put 12k miles on it and traded it in for $52K.
To that end, I will be keeping the Braptor for a lot longer than any of my F150’s as I like it even better. I also believe based on history that it will hold it’s value just as well, if not better.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
I received the email offer from Ford over a year ago to convert my reservation to a Raptor which I accepted immediately. Two days later I received the rejection email that they could not honor it!
Fast forward to last week when I received notice that my Wildtrak with HOSS 3.0 was scheduled to be delivered to the dealer. My sales rep called me and told me I should come in to start the paper work and get my trade-in appraised. I happened to mention to him that my first choice was a Raptor; however, Ford rejected my request. He proceeded to tell me they currently have one Raptor in the showroom that a customer has been dragging his feet on taking delivery for almost a month. He asked me if I would be interested should it become available and I said 100% yes.
Long story short the original owner never showed and I ended up with the Shadow Black Raptor. The only way it worked for me financially is, I received an excellent trade-in value for my 2016-GT350 (which I hardly drove) and a $10k credit back for the Wildtrak which I relinquished to the dealer. That all considered I still paid over MSRP; although, half of what the original buyer would have paid over MSRP.
Granted I was very nervous about paying this much for a Braptor, I know from experience just how well the Raptor name does with resale.
My first preowned 2010 F150 Raptor was purchased for $34k, drove it for 2 years and put 15k more miles on it. My dealer purchased it from me for $32.5k. My second 2017 Raptor which I ordered new cost me $10k over MSRP which I unfortunately totaled in an accident. The insurance company also gave me a very fair replacement value based on Raptor‘s market value. My third Raptor was a 2018 fully loaded and purchased preowned with about 18K miles for $54k. I drove it for a year, put 12k miles on it and traded it in for $52K.
To that end, I will be keeping the Braptor for a lot longer than any of my F150’s as I like it even better. I also believe based on history that it will hold it’s value just as well, if not better.
Welcome to BroncoRaptor.com! 🍻 Congrats on your purchase and negotiating a deal that worked for you! Cool story, thank you for sharing, I myself have fond memories of purchasing my favorite truck in Connecticut. :cool:

Losy

Founding Member
Apr 9, 2022
Gallery
Long Beach, CA
sounds like a good deal. Enjoy the Braptor. I agree with the Raptor vales over the years. I think the Bronco Raptor will do just as well if not better.

szabo_martin

Nov 22, 2022
Canada
Current Ride
Denali HD
Current Ride #2
Bronco Raptor
Congrats on your purchase! Mine was a black one as well, and I'm hoping the new owner is as happy as you are. Here in Canada the car market is tanking so we'll see if the Bronco is affected as well, hopefully since its such a small production vehicle it wont be. I know G Wagons and Range Rovers are now 100k less than they were 5 months ago.

OP
D

djc007x

Founding Member
Apr 21, 2022
Gallery
Washington, DC
Congrats on your purchase! Mine was a black one as well, and I'm hoping the new owner is as happy as you are. Here in Canada the car market is tanking so we'll see if the Bronco is affected as well, hopefully since its such a small production vehicle it wont be. I know G Wagons and Range Rovers are now 100k less than they were 5 months ago.
G-Wagon has inflated value, Mercedes goes down in a hurry.. (I can't see Raptor following this trend) I also don't think FORD will produce more after 2024

szabo_martin

Nov 22, 2022
Canada
Current Ride
Denali HD
Current Ride #2
Bronco Raptor
G-Wagon has inflated value, Mercedes goes down in a hurry.. (I can't see Raptor following this trend) I also don't think FORD will produce more after 2024

I agree the G Wagen was insanely marked up ad there are tons of them. I think the Raptor will fare way better. I wish I could've ordered a Raptor R :( used it as my daily truck. Was definitely excited for the Bronco

Top Member Reactions