Bronco Raptor Aftermarket Fender Concept

broncoraptor-smooth-fenders-render1.jpg

Wb.artist20 posted a few images on IG of what the Bronco Raptor could look like with aftermarket smooth body rolled fenders.
Here’s my try at some aftermarket Bronco Raptor fenders for those that don’t like the factory ones. I’m sure the aftermarket folks will offer something like this if they aren’t already. What I love about 3D is the multiple angles but it’s way more time consuming than editing images especially because I’m still learning but I enjoy the challenge. Let me know what y’all think!​
Source:

Seeing these illustrations may have been what was meant by Ford stating on Jan 24th that it would have been to wide to fit Through the current Bronco/Ranger factory paint booth.

I like these, nice job!

It will not be easy to replace the rear fenders considering that a portion of it is mounted to the rear door. AM designs will have to take that into account.

To my it’s only the team fender that looks bad, and only the top back side of it that’s kind of squared off. If that piece could simply have been rounded it would likely look so much better

It has a 60's dune buggy shape hourglass shape, but it will be huge.

I think I would stay with the factory as long as they are sturdy enough and don't break on the trail. if its really as wide as they say, narrow paths will be tough on the fenders

To me it looks nice, but no longer the square Bronco. Completely different animal.
I don't mind the factory flares. It's just part of being a Raptor.
Fenders kinda remind me of my "71" Javelin.

Attachments

• 71 jav sst 401 4spd limelight green.jpg
    71 jav sst 401 4spd limelight green.jpg
    321.8 KB · Views: 51
  • 1971 401 4spd Javelin  Awards taken at show.jpg
    1971 401 4spd Javelin Awards taken at show.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 53
To me it looks nice, but no longer the square Bronco. Completely different animal.
I don't mind the factory flares. It's just part of being a Raptor.
Fenders kinda remind me of my "71" Javelin.
Nice, I’ve owned a ‘71 & ‘73 Javelin

Reactions: SBP
Nice, I’ve owned a ‘71 & ‘73 Javelin
Thank you. This was my first car in high school (No, it wasn't new ;) we were close to the same age) and I kept and restored it over the years. Wasn't easy then, had to find cars in junk yards or parts off eBay since they didn't re-pop anything. It is almost 100% original parts.

I have heard multiple comments that the fenders are not obnoxious when seen in person. So I need to wait until I take delivery before I decide if I plan to either body paint them, modify them or leave than as is. And actually they are growing on me and I think they look ok even in most photos. The photos that seem to make the rear ones look strange are generally wide angle shots that probably exaggerate their appearance.

They look alright. I don't mind the flares on the Bronco Raptor now. I think they will probably look better if painted to match body color, so that's probably what I will do. Unless there is an aftermarket option that I really like

Back