Bronco Raptor engine production

2022-Ford-Bronco-Raptor_engine-bay.jpg

I read a post on Facebook from someone that stated they work in the Ford plant that builds the Bronco Raptor motor. They said starting this week they will start building 400 Bronco Raptors engines a week.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
View attachment 951

I read a post on Facebook from someone that stated they work in the Ford plant that builds the Bronco Raptor motor. They said starting this week they will start building 400 Bronco Raptors engines a week.
I sure hope he's right! That would be a good amount to start getting orders out.

supersix

Go for Launch!
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
U-S-A
Current Ride
2021 Bronco FE
Wow, that's great news. I wonder what the current production numbers look like for the Explorer ST? I imagine between the ST, Bronco Raptor and Ranger Raptor there is going to be a lot of demand!

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Wow, that's great news. I wonder what the current production numbers look like for the Explorer ST? I imagine between the ST, Bronco Raptor and Ranger Raptor there is going to be a lot of demand!
And Lincoln Aviator, MKZ, and Continental

Last edited:

Cupholders

Founding Member
Mar 10, 2022
Gallery
Mass
Military
Army & Air National Guard
Current Ride
Jeep Rubicon
I predict the HP will either be 430 or 450.
I’m feeling a little skeptical. I’m thinking if they were numbers like that we would heard about it by now. I’m thinking closer to 400 and we will find out when they are close to hitting the street

luterdan

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
Jacksonville, FL
I’m feeling a little skeptical. I’m thinking if they were numbers like that we would heard about it by now. I’m thinking closer to 400 and we will find out when they are close to hitting the street
“Close to hitting the street”. Aren’t the first orders scheduled for 5/9 I would think we are already “close”

Cupholders

Founding Member
Mar 10, 2022
Gallery
Mass
Military
Army & Air National Guard
Current Ride
Jeep Rubicon
“Close to hitting the street”. Aren’t the first orders scheduled for 5/9 I would think we are already “close”
I agree that’s pretty close, maybe not close enough. Close enough to get get positive feedback from buyers so we are just not focused on just numbers, they know how brutal these forums can get. Like I said, I’m a bit skeptical. Lol

Apache 8

Founding Member
Feb 18, 2022
SoCal
That engine already produces 400 HP. And the intro videos have stated that Ford has modified it for the Raptor for enhanced performance. We should know soon enough.

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
At 450 HP and the Anti Turbo Lag, should be enough to beat the 392?
392 has 470 HP and 470 lb-ft of torque. I really doubt the Raptor will beat those numbers, but I think it will surpass the 392 in many other practical ways off-road.

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
Honestly I think everyone will get a kick out of reading this early article on the 392 Rubicon. The Bronco Raptor outclasses that vehicle in so many ways, whether or not the power numbers exceed it. Case in point, with all that speed and HP, the 392 (in stock form) can only manage about 20mph in Baja desert "whoops" conditions before the suspension bottoms out. HA!

Rob41

Founding Member
Apr 19, 2022
Gallery
Northern MI
Absolutely agree Ironmike. Jeeps are an awesome platform but the Braptor will exceed the 392 in many ways.

High speed off road.....BRaptor is light years ahead.
Stock vs stock.....BRaptor should easily best the 392 in rock crawling.
In OEM configurations.....high clearance obstacles the BRaptor wins again.

The 392 may best the BRaptor in straight line speed on pavement.
The ubiquitous Jeep platform has incredible aftermarket support and most parts are readily available.

I'm sure I missed some key points but I think we are right for being so excited to get our Bronco Raptors. No slight to the Jeep guys either. Pretty cool that they are finally getting a V8 form the OEM. The more competition the better :)

Rob41

Founding Member
Apr 19, 2022
Gallery
Northern MI
For sure. Even with our Dana 50, with 37" tires there's going to be some torque management happening. Pretty cool in both cases. So much performance and capabilities compared to my first truck in 1982.

CVSJR

Founding Member
Feb 5, 2022
Gallery
Freehold NJ
For sure. Even with our Dana 50, with 37" tires there's going to be some torque management happening. Pretty cool in both cases. So much performance and capabilities compared to my first truck in 1982.
I remember my first new Bronco in 1979, it was basically an F150 rolling chassis with a Bronco body. 400ci motor that put out a whopping 158 HP and 275 ft/tq. With an NP435 4 speed and posi-trac front and rear it would go almost anywhere. What a difference today!

Top Member Reactions