Bronco Raptor fans are outraged?

bronco-raptor-fender-flares-discussion.jpg

Just read this article "Ford Bronco Raptor Fans Are Outraged Over 1 Ugly Feature" by MotorBisquit: Spoiler alert.....the flares.

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/ford-bronco-raptor-fans-outraged-ugly-feature/

Personally, I question how many of the so-called Bronco Raptor "fans" have any intention of ever purchasing a BRaptor. I'm pretty sure there are going to be many times on the trail that I'm thankful for those flares :) Let the Outrage continue, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cupholders

Founding Member
Mar 10, 2022
Gallery
Mass
Military
Army & Air National Guard
Current Ride
Jeep Rubicon
If you're buying a Supra there's a good chance it's about performance but I understand the manual trans thing. I own a Z06 with a 6 speed manual and a Bronco with a 4 speed manual, it's fun to a point but there is an advantage with an automatic.
Manuals are for those who like to drive, automatics are for those who like to steer. Lol

luterdan

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
Jacksonville, FL
You never had an automatic with paddle shifters? In the not so distant future you'll only be able to buy new cars with automatics.
What benefit do we have with the titanium paddle shifters on the raptor? I'm being serious why do we need to shift the automatic??

Cupholders

Founding Member
Mar 10, 2022
Gallery
Mass
Military
Current Ride
Jeep Rubicon
You never had an automatic with paddle shifters? In the not so distant future you'll only be able to buy new cars with automatics.
My current car has paddle shifters, it’s not the same. You’re right, manual transmissions days are numbered

Cupholders

Founding Member
Mar 10, 2022
Gallery
Mass
Military
Current Ride
Jeep Rubicon
What benefit do we have with the titanium paddle shifters on the raptor? I'm being serious why do we need to shift the automatic??
You won’t need to, but can if you want to. I think I’ve used mine once just to see what the fuss was about

CVSJR

Founding Member
Feb 5, 2022
Gallery
Freehold NJ
If you are on a trail and know what’s coming up but your Truck doesn’t you can hold a gear or down shift earlier but paddle shifters are really for shifting with your hands on the wheel.

Apache 8

Founding Member
Feb 18, 2022
SoCal
If professional drivers use them, including in off road racing, they obviously have a purpose. That said, if most of us that drive the vehicle in a more traditional manner do not use them, they are probably a waste.

SteelBronco

Founding Member
Oct 24, 2021
Gallery
Western Maryland
Current Ride
Bronco
I don't know I actually use the paddle shifters all the time in my wife's Bronco Sport (Badlands). I'm not a brake rider and living in the mountains when going downhill I always downshift as needed to hold the sport back. Works extremely good and I have no professional training...haha!

Top Member Reactions