Bronco Raptor fans are outraged?

bronco-raptor-fender-flares-discussion.jpg

Just read this article "Ford Bronco Raptor Fans Are Outraged Over 1 Ugly Feature" by MotorBisquit: Spoiler alert.....the flares.

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/ford-bronco-raptor-fans-outraged-ugly-feature/

Personally, I question how many of the so-called Bronco Raptor "fans" have any intention of ever purchasing a BRaptor. I'm pretty sure there are going to be many times on the trail that I'm thankful for those flares :) Let the Outrage continue, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

73Bronco

Founding Member
Mar 28, 2022
Gallery
East TN
Just read this article "Ford Bronco Raptor Fans Are Outraged Over 1 Ugly Feature" by MotorBisquit: Spoiler alert.....the flares.

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/ford-bronco-raptor-fans-outraged-ugly-feature/

Personally, I question how many of the so-called Bronco Raptor "fans" have any intention of ever purchasing a BRaptor. I'm pretty sure there are going to be many times on the trail that I'm thankful for those flares :) Let the Outrage continue, lol.
People need something to complain about. Now I do agree a better design could have been achieved, though I’m not “outraged” and I am definitely still buying one!!!

Hummer EV fans are outraged about paying for a “crab walk” feature that they will never use.

Subaru fans are outraged over fleet going all electric to solve a made up catastrophe.

Toyota Supra fans are outraged because you can’t get a manual transmission.

So on and so on…

bourbonbill

Founding Member
Apr 5, 2022
Gallery
North Carolina
I have always like the approach that if you want to complain then you need to bring a solution as well. Complaining just to complain is a worthless waste of time. There are already aftermarket fender flares that can be body colored with the regular bronco, I am sure someone will solve this issue as well.

supersix

Go for Launch!
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
U-S-A
Current Ride
2021 Bronco FE
It just makes sense for a hard core off-roader to have easy replaceable fender flares. I dig the extreme rugged look it gives the Braptor.

BRVOL

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
East TN
Military
US ARMY
Current Ride
2021 Subaru Outback Onyx XT
Current Ride #2
2002 BMW 1150RT
As I have stated in other post "I Like Them". They do look much better in person. Sometimes I think people are just trolling the post that have nothing else better to do. I would also bet that a vast majority of the people that make these statements will never own a Bronco Raptor.

supersix

Go for Launch!
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
U-S-A
Current Ride
2021 Bronco FE
When Ford first announced the Bronco Raptor, I think most of us were researching the engine specs & suspension specs, not the size of the fender flares. 😂

mmsmab1

Founding Member
Feb 16, 2022
Gallery
Atlanta
People need something to complain about. Now I do agree a better design could have been achieved, though I’m not “outraged” and I am definitely still buying one!!!

Hummer EV fans are outraged about paying for a “crab walk” feature that they will never use.

Subaru fans are outraged over fleet going all electric to solve a made up catastrophe.

Toyota Supra fans are outraged because you can’t get a manual transmission.

So on and so on…
I agree with the people who are mad at the Supra. Who doesn't make a manual for a sports car. Maybe they shouldn't have used the BMW as the clone car

Apache 8

Founding Member
Feb 18, 2022
SoCal
When a company like Ferrari eliminates manual transmissions, you know they are an endangered option. Too bad.....

CVSJR

Founding Member
Feb 5, 2022
Gallery
Freehold NJ
I honestly haven’t actually met one Raptor fan that has a problem with the flairs, even at the NY car show nobody was crying about them. If someone is outraged their idea of a Bronco Raptor isn’t a Bronco Raptor.

CVSJR

Founding Member
Feb 5, 2022
Gallery
Freehold NJ

Cupholders

Founding Member
Mar 10, 2022
Gallery
Mass
Military
Army & Air National Guard
Current Ride
Jeep Rubicon
If it only takes fender flares to hate the Rapt
There is no need for manual transmissions these days, new high performance "automatic" transmissions will give you all the pros of a manual without the cons. Needing to use the left foot is just a mental thing, lol.
There is no need for manual transmissions these days, new high performance "automatic" transmissions will give you all the pros of a manual without the cons. Needing to use the left foot is just a mental thing, lol.
It’s not about a need or better performance. Some people just enjoy driving a manual for what it is

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
People can hate all they want, and I couldn’t care less. Raptors are awesome!

DdYHrse

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 15, 2022
Gallery
Dallas, TX
They are replaceable part on a modular vehicle. In a year or two there will probably more fender options than we even want to deal with considering all this outcry from people who probably won’t even own one.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
I like the flares, especially in person, all the exterior styling is purposeful and functional which is consistent with the chassis and throughout the entire vehicle. I blame the cell phone wide angle lense pictures and videos for the flares bad rap.

OP
Rob41

Rob41

Founding Member
Apr 19, 2022
Gallery
Northern MI
I like the flares, especially in person, all the exterior styling is purposeful and functional which is consistent with the chassis and throughout the entire vehicle. I blame the cell phone wide angle lense pictures and videos for the flares bad rap.
Did you just say "bad rap", lol? That would be a cool windshield banner :cool:

CVSJR

Founding Member
Feb 5, 2022
Gallery
Freehold NJ
If it only takes fender flares to hate the Rapt

It’s not about a need or better performance. Some people just enjoy driving a manual for what it is
If you're buying a Supra there's a good chance it's about performance but I understand the manual trans thing. I own a Z06 with a 6 speed manual and a Bronco with a 4 speed manual, it's fun to a point but there is an advantage with an automatic.

Top Member Reactions