Bronco Raptor on the cover of the April edition Car and Driver

car and driver magazine april 2022 bronco raptor.png

I just ordered a couple of the magazines. One to read and one to store. Not sure what the content is yet but I am sure it will be worth getting a copy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just ordered a couple of the magazines. One to read and one to store. Not sure what the content is yet but I am sure it will be worth getting a copy.
Thanks for the tip! I'm going to have to pick up a copy of this issue as well.

I ordered my copies on E-Bay. I can’t even remember the last time I bought a magazine in a store.

Oh man, lucky you. Us plebs have to wait til tomorrow huh.
$10/month is totally worth it to me, to get over 200 magazines on demand on any Apple device I own. You can also sign up for a 30-day free trial, and set yourself a cancel alert at 29 days. ;-)

$10/month is totally worth it to me, to get over 200 magazines on demand on any Apple device I own. You can also sign up for a 30-day free trial, and set yourself a cancel alert at 29 days. ;-)
Why thank you for the recommendation. Was unfamiliar with that service. I appreciate it.

I picked up a couple issues last night at Barnes & Noble. It's just a couple pages, no test drive report yet. Cool to have anyways and looking forward to future articles.

In truth, the content is a bit on the light side. Not really anymore than what we have read elsewhere. Best part would be the cover (as others have mentioned). Hopefully a crisp new copy is suitable for framing.

I've read the article online. They are estimating 430 HP and 420 lb-ft of torque.
I'm hoping that this measurement is a number that actually came from Ford, and not just Car and Driver. Previously all I can find is "Targeting over 400" which made me feel like 405-415 was the max we could expect.

I know 430 isn't a huge gain above that but considering its at almost 400 on an Explorer, I'd and the Braptor is WAY heavier, I would like to think that they would focus on allowing it to out perform an explorer sport.

I'm hoping that this measurement is a number that actually came from Ford, and not just Car and Driver. Previously all I can find is "Targeting over 400" which made me feel like 405-415 was the max we could expect.

I know 430 isn't a huge gain above that but considering its at almost 400 on an Explorer, I'd and the Braptor is WAY heavier, I would like to think that they would focus on allowing it to out perform an explorer sport.
Just a C&D educated guess, I'm pretty sure. Ford won't release any official power numbers until their EPA certification is done.

The Bronco Raptor will never outperform an Explorer ST in a drag race or road race, but hopefully that's not why you are buying it. Reportedly the Raptor has specific turbo's, induction, exhaust and heads to make a much wider power band for everything from rock crawling to desert racing, no mention of road racing though, lol.

The Bronco Raptor will never outperform an Explorer ST in a drag race or road race, but hopefully that's not why you are buying it. Reportedly the Raptor has specific turbo's, induction, exhaust and heads to make a much wider power band for everything from rock crawling to desert racing, no mention of road racing though, lol.
Definitely not... just seems a bit weak IMO. With that said, I cant imagine using for a street race of any sort

Back