Bronco Raptor R

Rob41

Founding Member
Apr 19, 2022
Gallery
Northern MI
Although it's been delayed, speculation has it that Ford will begin accepting orders for the new F-150 Raptor R by the end of the year. It's known that the R version will get a supercharged V8. Many people are speculating it will get the 760 hp and 625 lb-ft engine from the GT500 with a tune more suitable for truck duty.

If Ford at some point offers a Bronco Raptor R, how many would be interested? It would be exciting to say the least.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
I would buy one! I absolutely love my 5.0L supercharged F150 and would love to have a Coyote motor in the Bronco. I'm keeping my eye on the F150 Raptor R as well. I might have to upgrade my truck when it comes out.

OP
Rob41

Rob41

Founding Member
Apr 19, 2022
Gallery
Northern MI
That F-150 must be a blast to drive! I too would have to go all out and get a BRaptor R if they build them. I don't need that much power but.......hell yeah!

OP
Rob41

Rob41

Founding Member
Apr 19, 2022
Gallery
Northern MI
What's your thoughts on things going electric or hybrid? Seems like you can get a lot of those motors as well.
I think for some people electric/hybrid works but I don't see it as a good option for me. I live in a pretty rural area so to get anywhere aside from my small town and surrounding towns it's gonna be a long drive. So electric is out for me. A hybred would have longer range but once the batteries are depleted you're left with an anemic engine.

Cupholders

Founding Member
Mar 10, 2022
Gallery
Mass
Military
Army & Air National Guard
Current Ride
Jeep Rubicon
Based on what many of you are mentioning about your other vehicles and toys, I’m sure there will be a lot of interest here. With the Raptor I’ll be extended as much as I’d want to be with a vehicle.

CVSJR

Founding Member
Feb 5, 2022
Gallery
Freehold NJ
What's your thoughts on things going electric or hybrid? Seems like you can get a lot of those motors as well.
Electric doesn't work out well for distance on trails or in sand. Plenty of power but constant hi torque demand will kill the battery fast. I saw an article on the Jeep 4XE stating battery only operation on a rough trail got them about 7 miles, was supposed to be 21.

luterdan

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
Jacksonville, FL
Electric doesn't work out well for distance on trails or in sand. Plenty of power but constant hi torque demand will kill the battery fast. I saw an article on the Jeep 4XE stating battery only operation on a rough trail got them about 7 miles, was supposed to be 21.
Wow, that sucks. Isn't Rivian, Hummer and such pushing their EVs for off-road?

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
Although it's been delayed, speculation has it that Ford will begin accepting orders for the new F-150 Raptor R by the end of the year. It's known that the R version will get a supercharged V8. Many people are speculating it will get the 760 hp and 625 lb-ft engine from the GT500 with a tune more suitable for truck duty.

If Ford at some point offers a Bronco Raptor R, how many would be interested? It would be exciting to say the least.
Well, Ford is making the super limited Bronco DR in 2023 with the Coyote engine, so that might be the extent of it.

OP
Rob41

Rob41

Founding Member
Apr 19, 2022
Gallery
Northern MI
Well, Ford is making the super limited Bronco DR in 2023 with the Coyote engine, so that might be the extent of it.
You may be right. If that's the case I'll have to tap out. 200K is too much for me. I'm sure I'll still be happy with my Braptor.

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
You may be right. If that's the case I'll have to tap out. 200K is too much for me. I'm sure I'll still be happy with my Braptor.
Yeah, that is a chunk of change for a rig that's probably not even street legal.

OP
Rob41

Rob41

Founding Member
Apr 19, 2022
Gallery
Northern MI
If the rumblings are right about a Braptor R (rather than the Bronco DR), just imagine the ADM and resale values!

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
Electric cars have amazing performance, but it's a strange performance IMO. It's like an on or off switch and it's not as visceral or rewarding to drive as an internal combustion engine. To me, it's good to have both, but all-electric definitely doesn't replace an ICE sports car for me.

SteelBronco

Founding Member
Oct 24, 2021
Gallery
Western Maryland
Current Ride
Bronco
I'm just not sure a Bronco Raptor R is going to happen with Multimatic working on the Bronco DR. I mean I did receive an email already confirming a little bit about it.

Screenshot_20220428-103521_Email.jpg

I just got an updated email...

Screenshot_20220428-105605_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
I highly doubt the current Bronco Raptor model will get any V8, maybe in the future with a redesigned engine compartment and chassis but highly unlikely. In the pic below of an early prototype Bronco Raptor (Warthog at the time) we speculated a hybrid being tested. Now with the running boards that area is hidden in the photo's I've seen to determine if these lines or cables are still in place. These cables could have also been simply for onboard test equipment.
Warthog-Bronco-Tires-Shocks-Revealed-5c.jpg

Top Member Reactions