Go for Launch!
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
U-S-A
Current Ride
2021 Bronco FE
2022-ford-bronco-raptor-fox-live-valve-dampers.jpg

The Bronco Raptor uses position-sensitive dampers from Fox that are similar to those equipped on the F-150 Raptor. Ford calls the Bronco Raptor's setup HOSS 4.0 (High-Performance Off-Road Stability Suspension), and it includes 3.1-inch-diameter internal bypass dampers with remote reservoirs in the rear. It's also equipped with Ford Performance front and rear control arms, which allow for 60 percent front and 40 percent more wheel travel than a base Bronco, and larger tie rods.

2022-ford-bronco-raptor-axles-wide-stance.jpg

Ford says the Bronco Raptor's track is 9.8 inches wider than the base Bronco's. That's in part because of the upgraded heavy-duty Dana 50 solid rear axle and Dana 44 front axles with upgraded half-shafts.

2022-ford-bronco-raptor-transfer-case.jpg

The Bronco Raptor's transfer case has a higher-capacity clutch and a 67.7:1 crawl ratio. It also gets front and rear locking differentials and a hydraulic disconnecting front anti-roll bar.

Skid plates protect the driveline, transmission, and transfer case, and there are Raptor-specific rock rails. Raptors have 13.1 inches of ground clearance, 1.6 more than a Bronco Sasquatch.

2022-ford-bronco-raptor-skid-plates.jpg

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
9.8-inches wider than the base Bronco! How much wider would that be than a Sasquatch-equipped Bronco?

OP
supersix

supersix

Go for Launch!
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
U-S-A
Current Ride
2021 Bronco FE
9.8-inches wider than the base Bronco! How much wider would that be than a Sasquatch-equipped Bronco?

Bronco Exterior Dimensions-3.jpg

I'm not 100% sure on this, but it looks like the track width on the base Bronco is 65" and the Sasquatch is 66.9".

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
"These upgraded front and rear axles increase the track width by 8.6 inches (73.6 inches versus 65.0 inches) over a base Bronco for even more sure-footed confidence. Larger front and rear driveshafts support increased wheel torque. Bronco Raptor also runs with a minimum ground clearance of 13.1 inches, 4.8 inches more than a base four-door model."

luterdan

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
Jacksonville, FL
all of this track width growth and length growth is wheels, frame, and axles, the cabin is all the same (except for the stiffeners), right?

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
all of this track width growth and length growth is wheels, frame, and axles, the cabin is all the same (except for the stiffeners), right?
I think that is the case. Have not heard any credible evidence to refute that...

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Also mentioned in the launch day video's:
  • Rack & Pinion along with tie rods from the F-150 Raptor
  • Hubs and brakes are from the F-150 Raptor
  • Rear Axle has double row outside bearings.
  • Larger rear control arms
  • Larger rear track bar
  • New upper front control arms
  • New Lower front control arms
  • Ball joints from F-150 Raptor (I'm think I remember hearing this)

Rob41

Founding Member
Apr 19, 2022
Gallery
Northern MI
You know, the base Broncos and particularly when outfitted with the Sasquatch package are incredibly capable off roaders. The modifications Ford did to make the BRaptor really make an unbelievable factory offering.

I've seen it widely accepted in forums that the Raptor version essentially is just for high speed, open desert type driving but I disagree....at least from my perspective.

I live in Northern MI and when I go off roading, it's not at an off road "park". I do mostly mild off roading with a lesser amount of moderate and just a bit of the really challenging stuff from time to time. My offroading time is in Northern MI or in Ontario where I end up on forgotten, half grown over two trackers trying to explore places most don't get to.

On the mild stuff the wash board roads slows me down quite a bit in my 2019 Silverado with the light rear end (designed for the payload wars rear leaf springs) causes the back end to kick out frequently. This BRaptor will easily float over this stuff without having to slow to a crawl. Then on the forgotten trails it's not uncommon to find wet deeply rutted "openings" or untraveled trails with large boulders/rocks. Having some type of lockers, winch and ocassionally a chainsaw are a must.

I know some folks say it's too big to fit between tight turns with trees but there are still more than enough interesting/challenging trails to explore.

TurboS-957 listed above the great improvements that make the BRaptor. IMO, this adds up to a dream come true for my type off roading and DD needs.

P.S. Sorry for the long ramble.....I really should keep them short, lol.

Last edited:

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
I think it's silly for people to say that it's just a high-speed open desert machine. The suspension travel and the 37-inch tires are going to make the BR a monster when it comes to the slow-speed crawling obstacles. Pretty soon these Raptors will be out there crawling all the trails and I bet people change their tune pretty quick.

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
Question related to Raptor Suspension Modes: Is the Off-Road Mode firmer than Sport or just the opposite (cushier than Comfort)? I'm assuming it's a little firmer, but Owners Manual only references 'Maximum shock performance'.

DdYHrse

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 15, 2022
Gallery
Dallas, TX
From what I have found it is like this. Suspension wise you have sport which is the firmest, then normal, and then off road that seems to be the cushiest in my opinion. Steering wise you have sport which seems to be the heaviest, then normal, and then comfort which seems to give the most assist.

Top Member Reactions