TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
"Since the ultimate rebuild on our hemi Jeep Wrangler wasn't done in time, we took our Ford Bronco Raptor to the Rubicon Trail for the Jeepers Jamboree! Now although the off road and rock crawling capabilities of our Bronco definitely exceeded our expectations, that doesn't mean it made it off the trail unscathed. So now that we're back home, we walk around the Bronco to show you what all was damaged and broken during our off road adventure!"

Preceding Rubicon trail episode

OP
TurboS

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
It appeared to me in the first Rubicon trail episode that Kevin choose the more difficult challenges and suceeded but sustained what appears to be minor damages. The Rubicon is way beyond my abilities, but in watching I wonder if it would have been possible to conquer the Rubicon without any damages by choosing the less challenging routes.
Anyways, I'm glad they conquered the Rubicon successfully and safely with the stock Bronco Raptor.

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
It appeared to me in the first Rubicon trail episode that Kevin choose the more difficult challenges and suceeded but sustained what appears to be minor damages. The Rubicon is way beyond my abilities, but in watching I wonder if it would have been possible to conquer the Rubicon without any damages by choosing the less challenging routes.
Anyways, I'm glad they conquered the Rubicon successfully and safely with the stock Bronco Raptor.
I think he did every obstacle except two that were physically impossible or highly unlikely to clear without damaging the body. He wouldn’t have many followers if he skipped all the tough stuff. I’m sure he would have gotten through with far less damage if he took all the bypasses to “conquer” the Rubicon.

OP
TurboS

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
I think he did every obstacle except two that were physically impossible or highly unlikely to clear without damaging the body. He wouldn’t have many followers if he skipped all the tough stuff. I’m sure he would have gotten through with far less damage if he took all the bypasses to “conquer” the Rubicon.

Thank you for clarifying, appreciated. (y)

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
27 yrs SAR, Wilderness EMT, retired
To comment or not to comment. :unsure:

Post analysis of any run is always good, whether or not you sustain damage. However, bragging about the changes you made and disrespecting the OEM hardware you didn't change only speaks to their integrity as a person. blah, blah, blah, . . . "we're not hiding anything" . . . blah, blah, blah It's all about the tone of voice, body language, etc. It is always easier to tear something or someone down than to build them up. I think it is hard for them to be objective without self-promotion.

I am delighted to see the minimal amount of BR "damage" sustained given the difficulty of the trail. It gives me confidence that 🌶️ can do the Rubicon.

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
To comment or not to comment. :unsure:

Post analysis of any run is always good, whether or not you sustain damage. However, bragging about the changes you made and disrespecting the OEM hardware you didn't change only speaks to their integrity as a person. blah, blah, blah, . . . "we're not hiding anything" . . . blah, blah, blah It's all about the tone of voice, body language, etc. It is always easier to tear something or someone down than to build them up. I think it is hard for them to be objective without self-promotion.

I am delighted to see the minimal amount of BR "damage" sustained given the difficulty of the trail. It gives me confidence that 🌶️ can do the Rubicon.
I’ve got confidence in you! Local Bronco group will probably organize something next year as the Rubicon’s in our backyard.

I always take Lite Brite stuff with a grain of salt, but it was a pretty good video from the point of going over the actual trail damage section by section specific to our Raptors. No one else is doing that.

And….This provided the motivation to pull the trigger on a bumper decision this week. Diff cover too, but it was interesting that they were silent on diff strikes.

Roughstock

Jul 1, 2023
Gallery
Arizona
Military
ex Army
Current Ride
2023 Shadow Black Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 BMW GS 1250 Adventure
I like to run hard but if I was into rock crawling like they do I would want a cart specifically made for it. Not take a Raptor and beat it up. That is just me. It was a pretty good video with lots to learn from them. I disagree that nothing can touch the 392. It seems like they had to throw that in to keep everyone happy or maybe he believes that.
Who knows....They like the rocks...

Top Member Reactions