Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
U-S-A
Current Ride
2021 Bronco FE
Ford-Bronco-Tube-Door-Kit1.jpg
Ford-Bronco-Tube-Door-Kit2.jpg

Ford Authority is reporting that Ford Bronco tube door kits are now available to order. Four-door Bronco kits can be ordered with part number M-19008-BTD4, which retails for $2,250.

Ford recommends that customers install the tube doors themselves, and does not authorize the accessory for any commercial installation by a dealer or other commercial entity. Additionally, the automaker stresses that the Ford Bronco tube doors are for off-road use only. “Tube doors are not designed like factory doors,” the warning label reads. “Occupant protection, door system performance, and safety system performance, including safety canopy and front seat mounted side airbags, may be affected during a crash or rollover.”

luterdan

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
Jacksonville, FL
Not for the Raptor

Way back in July 2020, an interesting image depicting a Ford Bronco tube door kit leaked via the model’s online configurator, foreshadowing a new offering in Ford’s official catalog. Then, last November, Ford Authority reported that this new Ford Bronco tube door kit was in fact coming at some point, which we later confirmed would happen in 2022, though the special doors are not available on the new Ford Bronco Raptor. Now, Ford’s new Bronco tube door kits are officially available to order via the automaker’s catalog.

So I wonder if it's just a safety issue on Ford's part, or if the doors are different enough, leading us to think what else changed and what mods won't work...

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Not for the Raptor

So I wonder if it's just a safety issue on Ford's part, or if the doors are different enough, leading us to think what else changed and what mods won't work...
I've been thinking the same thing, it could just be liability as install is a DIY. I'm guessing tube doors would Not meet the criteria in Federal crash testing.

Cupholders

Founding Member
Mar 10, 2022
Gallery
Mass
Military
Army & Air National Guard
Current Ride
Jeep Rubicon
Not for the Raptor

Way back in July 2020, an interesting image depicting a Ford Bronco tube door kit leaked via the model’s online configurator, foreshadowing a new offering in Ford’s official catalog. Then, last November, Ford Authority reported that this new Ford Bronco tube door kit was in fact coming at some point, which we later confirmed would happen in 2022, though the special doors are not available on the new Ford Bronco Raptor. Now, Ford’s new Bronco tube door kits are officially available to order via the automaker’s catalog.

I’d put money on them working with the Raptor. There is no way they redesigned the door openings enough (or most likely at all) where they wouldn’t work.

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
I've been thinking the same thing, it could just be liability as install is a DIY. I'm guessing tube doors would Not meet the criteria in Federal crash testing.
That has to be it. We’ve already been told the Braptor doors are the same as the base Bronco.

luterdan

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
Jacksonville, FL
Here is the full article - https://fordauthority.com/2022/05/ford-bronco-tube-door-kits-now-available-to-order/

It says in here - so not sure why its different for a Raptor than a bronco.

However, there are a few disclaimers that accompany both kits – for starters, Ford recommends that customers install the tube doors themselves, and does not authorize the accessory for any commercial installation by a dealer or other commercial entity.

Additionally, the automaker stresses that the Ford Bronco tube doors are for off-road use only. “Tube doors are not designed like factory doors,” the warning label reads. “Occupant protection, door system performance, and safety system performance, including safety canopy and front seat mounted side airbags, may be affected during a crash or rollover.” Thus, it’s probably best to only use these tube doors while out on the trails, not on public roadways.

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
Here is the full article - https://fordauthority.com/2022/05/ford-bronco-tube-door-kits-now-available-to-order/

It says in here - so not sure why its different for a Raptor than a bronco.

However, there are a few disclaimers that accompany both kits – for starters, Ford recommends that customers install the tube doors themselves, and does not authorize the accessory for any commercial installation by a dealer or other commercial entity.

Additionally, the automaker stresses that the Ford Bronco tube doors are for off-road use only. “Tube doors are not designed like factory doors,” the warning label reads. “Occupant protection, door system performance, and safety system performance, including safety canopy and front seat mounted side airbags, may be affected during a crash or rollover.” Thus, it’s probably best to only use these tube doors while out on the trails, not on public roadways.
It says they’re “not available”. Doesn’t say they don’t fit. Can’t conclude anything from those ambiguous semantics (other than Ford doesn’t want you to buy them for a Raptor). If I decide to get tube doors, I’d prefer these over the ones from JCR offroad.

Rob41

Founding Member
Apr 19, 2022
Gallery
Northern MI
I don't think too many people will be deterred by the warnings.........I won't be. Ford only wants to avoid any liability. I've seen many off roading videos (usually starting with "hold my beer") that makes me agree with Ford. ;)

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
Talked to a Ford rep here at OE West about the tube doors. They would indeed fit the Braptor, however the issue is that the wider tire track significantly increases the chance of rocks being flung into the cab. So they “officially” won’t sell them for that trim. As always, there are creative solutions…😉

Rob41

Founding Member
Apr 19, 2022
Gallery
Northern MI
Since they only sell them as a set of 4, and I only want the 2 fronts, anyone who only wants a set of the rears just let me know and we'll go in on a set :p

BRVOL

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
East TN
Military
US ARMY
Current Ride
2021 Subaru Outback Onyx XT
Current Ride #2
2002 BMW 1150RT
Not for the Raptor

I spoke to Ford Performance today and the management stated the tube doors will work on the Bronco Raptor. Stated they would try and clean up the wording on the description.

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
I spoke to Ford Performance today and the management stated the tube doors will work on the Bronco Raptor. Stated they would try and clean up the wording on the description.
They fit, of course. I've had a Ford rep confirm the same thing. The issue would be with potential debris entering the cabin due to the wider wheel stance, which creates a more direct angle into the cab.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
They fit, of course. I've had a Ford rep confirm the same thing. The issue would be with potential debris entering the cabin due to the wider wheel stance, which creates a more direct angle into the cab.
Appears the Ford Tube Doors do fit, Ford visually confirmed with the Code Orange Raptor color matching. I agree with @Ironmike as I couldn't handle the possible incoming debris.

Cupholders

Founding Member
Mar 10, 2022
Gallery
Mass
Military
Army & Air National Guard
Current Ride
Jeep Rubicon
I don’t understand why that was even questioned, it’s the same body and doors. You can put base doors on a Raptor

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
Thanks for confirming this! I might have to order the tube doors for my Badlands now and then just keep them for my Bronco Raptor. :cool:

Top Member Reactions