Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
From following some other Bronco forums, it appears that a lot of Raptors from the initial build weeks (5/9, 5/16, 5/23) got pushed back one or two weeks. Anybody here still have a build week of May 9?

Rumors starting to swirl about parts (un)availability.
Shocking, I know.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
I don't have a build date yet, however if Ford doesn't have all required parts for the builds then I'm glad to hear Ford pushed back the build dates. Much better than sitting in a lot waiting to be finished.

DdYHrse

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 15, 2022
Gallery
Dallas, TX
I have a build date the week of 6/6. Ford site still shows that as the build week so no delay here.

luterdan

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
Jacksonville, FL
Off-topic, but what are people supposed to do if they actually NEED a car on a particular date? accident, lease termination, teenagers coming of age, car died? Most of us have first-world problems, we have working cars, and are adding to our stable or will replace one with another when/if it ever arrives and just lament the ongoing delivery problems.

OP
Ironmike

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
I have a build date the week of 6/6. Ford site still shows that as the build week so no delay here.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's just the May build weeks that were affected (so far). I know there were a few people on this forum that had 5/9 or 5/16 build weeks, so mostly interested if they were affected. Or to cut to the real chase: I'm really curious on what date the first production Raptor will come off the line. I'm starting to think the back half of May looks more realistic...

jgtuna

Founding Member
Apr 21, 2022
Gallery
Houston, TX
Apologies if these questions have been answered, but is it known how many Braptors are on order? Any idea on what the latest date of producing what has been ordered is supposed to be (taken with all appropriate grains of salt)?

OP
Ironmike

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
Apologies if these questions have been answered, but is it known how many Braptors are on order? Any idea on what the latest date of producing what has been ordered is supposed to be (taken with all appropriate grains of salt)?
All great questions, not many great answers. Other than the MY23 cutover (they have some other fancy term for it) is in early November, so Ford has until then to fulfill whatever orders it can. How many can they produce in 6+ months (May to November)? That is the $64M question.

Rob41

Founding Member
Apr 19, 2022
Gallery
Northern MI
Apologies if these questions have been answered, but is it known how many Braptors are on order?
I saw on another site that they believed the number to be about 3,500 for 2022. I have no clue if they are correct. I'm not aware of any official numbers yet and it will likely be driven by parts availability at this point.

BRVOL

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
East TN
Military
US ARMY
Current Ride
2021 Subaru Outback Onyx XT
Current Ride #2
2002 BMW 1150RT
I have a VIN under 150 scheduled for 5/16. I will try to contact Ford tomorrow and see if that has changed. As soon as I hear something I will post it here.

OP
Ironmike

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
I saw on another site that they believed the number to be about 3,500 for 2022. I have no clue if they are correct. I'm not aware of any official numbers yet and it will likely be driven by parts availability at this point.
That's pretty much what I've seen across the web. I'm not liking that they already seem to be delaying a week, so you're right that parts availability is the key thing. I wonder what they'll do if they can't build all the orders before November. Move to MY23?

OP
Ironmike

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
I have a VIN under 150 scheduled for 5/16. I will try to contact Ford tomorrow and see if that has changed. As soon as I hear something I will post it here.
Ahh...somehow I thought your build week was the first one (5/9). Thought I saw a least a couple people with 5/9 build weeks a while back.

Looks like you may get one of the first ones delivered...

Rob41

Founding Member
Apr 19, 2022
Gallery
Northern MI
That's pretty much what I've seen across the web. I'm not liking that they already seem to be delaying a week, so you're right that parts availability is the key thing. I wonder what they'll do if they can't build all the orders before November. Move to MY23?
If they can't build all of the orders they've accepted for 2022, they won't have a choice but to make the rest 2023.

I suspect the main driver for limited quantities is solely due to their knowledge early on that supply chains would be an issue. With that said, hopefully they factored it in to ensure they could produce all of the 2022 orders.

69BroncoX302

Founding Member
Dec 5, 2021
Gallery
Utah
From following some other Bronco forums, it appears that a lot of Raptors from the initial build weeks (5/9, 5/16, 5/23) got pushed back one or two weeks. Anybody here still have a build week of May 9?

Rumors starting to swirl about parts (un)availability.
Shocking, I know.

Mine went from 5/16 to 5/23.

Blueraptor2022

Founding Member
Mar 14, 2022
Gallery
Canada
My build date was 5/23 but dealer confirmed this morning it was pushed to 05/30. I have a feeling I won't be seeing my Raptor until the fall if I'm lucky.

BRVOL

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
East TN
Military
US ARMY
Current Ride
2021 Subaru Outback Onyx XT
Current Ride #2
2002 BMW 1150RT
I just spoke to the Ford Bronco team and my build date did change from 5/16 to 5/23.

OP
Ironmike

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
Yeah, it’s become apparent that Raptor production has shifted back in May by a week or two, likely due to parts constraints. I’m sure we’ll start hearing stories of June delays as the effect cascades.

DdYHrse

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 15, 2022
Gallery
Dallas, TX
When I called the Bronco hotline a few months back and spoke to Karen she told me the Braptor was a 22 MY only. This is just a guess, but it seems to me that these golden ticket allocations are almost like a second round of first editions, but with Raptor trims. She didn't know what the plan was for them past 22. They may just make however many and we may not see the order banks open up for more for a while. I have a build week of 6/6 and it hasn't been pushed yet. I asked my dealer how long it takes to produce and then ship and they didn't really have a real answer. Still up in the air. His thought was I should have it in July.

Top Member Reactions