Founding Member
Jun 16, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2023 CO Braptor
Current Ride #2
2010 Challenger R/T
I have been looking for a Braptor for the past 5-6 months since I missed the last order bank. Now I found a dealer that has 15 on the lot. So I look into the options and colors. When I start to notice all 15 are marked as used and the lowest mileage was 43 miles on it.
So, I believe the dealer is doing something fishy since they have so many and are marking them all used to jack the prices up.

The dealership I am referring to is Ford Country in Henderson Nevada. They have all 15 marked up to 123k. I have already contacted Ford directly and reported the issue. I know these are a premium vehicle but, come on how bad do you have to screw over the customer.

95BK9

Founding Member
Mar 27, 2022
Gallery
Ohio
Military
US Army Military Police K9
Current Ride
2023 Aera 51 Braptor
Current Ride #2
2006 Ranger FX4 Level II
First Responder
Former Police
I have been looking for a Braptor for the past 5-6 months since I missed the last order bank. Now I found a dealer that has 15 on the lot. So I look into the options and colors. When I start to notice all 15 are marked as used and the lowest mileage was 43 miles on it.
So, I believe the dealer is doing something fishy since they have so many and are marking them all used to jack the prices up.

The dealership I am referring to is Ford Country in Henderson Nevada. They have all 15 marked up to 123k. I have already contacted Ford directly and reported the issue. I know these are a premium vehicle but, come on how bad do you have to screw over the customer.
Hopefully Ford will step in.

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110

There’s a lot of talk of this dealer on another forum. They’re buying many of them at auctions from folks flipping their BRaptors (in all likelihood originally bought for MSRP). Ford has little control over dealer pricing by law and no control over how they price for used cars.

It’s a market. And that market has more demand than supply. Everybody is maximizing their situation, customers and dealers, right or wrong.

widnere12

Founding Member
Mar 1, 2022
Gallery
Atlanta
A dealer cant just "Mark" something as used. Its either been titled before or it hasn't. Sounds like the dealer bought them second-hand (auctions and others looking for a quick buck) and is marketing to the resell market.

Its not at all a crime.... maybe a little shitty, but overall its just used car sales 101 and EXACTLY why used car sales have always had a bad name.

Hopefully they overpaid and get stuck with too much high-priced inventory and lose money

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
I think there's 1 of 3 possibilities here:
  1. Braptors purchased at auction
  2. Legitimate owners flipping after purchase
  3. Dealers using 'Ghost Customers' to order with no intention of selling (a variation of #2 above)

Options 1&2 are completely legitimate and commonplace...might be frustrating but nothing illegal or manageable by Ford. #3 is the option that I believe happens quite often...no way some of these dealers have multiple NEW Braptors available that the "buyers backed out". Unless of course it showed up and dealer popped a ADM on them.

I could only hope that some of these dealers (this one as an example) end up taking a bath such as this 'Illinois' dealer did when they tried to corner the market on the G-Wagon market a couple of years ago.

See the 3:20 mark when he speaks to what happened with this dealer and the market-correction when MB announced they were bringing the G63 back for 2022.

ChiliPepper

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 3, 2022
Gallery
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Current Ride
Ford Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
First Responder
27 yrs SAR, Wilderness EMT, retired

I have a list of over 300+ MY22 and MY23 BRs for sale. You can see some of them here.

Raptor Ray

Feb 11, 2022
Goodyear Az
I have a list of over 300+ MY22 and MY23 BRs for sale. You can see some of them here.

Hit me up for info. I have mine for sale, see it on the other forum. I'm in Goodyear Az. I've got mine at 112,000. 2013 and Code Orange and less than 500 miles now. All road miles. Received it on Feb. 8th I think. six 0 two, 885, zero, 902.

JOPO

Founding Member
Apr 18, 2022
NL, Texas

I’m considering putting mine for sale. I paid over sticker but it’s loaded Cactus Grey MSRP 82k+ and just put on Nitto Tires and Rhino Textured Grey Wheels. I’m thinking 115,000 is a good price considering I paid 20k over.

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
Hit me up for info. I have mine for sale, see it on the other forum. I'm in Goodyear Az. I've got mine at 112,000. 2013 and Code Orange and less than 500 miles now. All road miles. Received it on Feb. 8th I think. six 0 two, 885, zero, 902.
Case in point…

Blaming dealers for charging markups, owners for flipping at a profit, or customers who are willing to pay over MSRP is like blaming the sun for rising In the morning.

Odonnks

Feb 3, 2023
Gallery
PA
Current Ride
2017 Ford F350
Current Ride #2
2023 Bronco Raptor coming soon
^^^^ Exactly what he said.

DallasCajun

Jan 6, 2023
Gallery
Dallas
Current Ride
23 Ford Bronco Raptor
I don't necessarily blame dealerships (or individual sellers) for asking for these prices as their intent is obviously to maximize their profit. What triggers me is their underhanded tactics to get there:
  • Claiming these are 'market values'
  • Marking up $50K and then acting like $35K is a 'good deal'
  • Adding ADM to order holders that have been waiting for years without any previous communication of such ADM
  • Using 'Ghost Buyers' to gain inventory. You can't convince me that these dealers have 3-4 new Raptors in inventory that buyers 'backed out of' (at least without that Added ADM in the previous point)
  • Selling vehicles out of under the Order Holder because they can make additional $10K+ (another similar to previous point)

Asking for price premium isn't an issue for me, it's how they get there via lack of ethical behavior that's the problem.

slicktop

Founding Member
Jul 28, 2022
florida
Current Ride
Ford Excursion .... diesel 4x4...
Current Ride #2
1974 Bronco candy apple red, white hard top
I feel your pain, I've already talked with ford there's nothing they can or will do, I got reamed by my dealer and if I declined there was 8 guys willing to buy. So, I paid 117k for 81k msrp so even if I wanted to the dealer took all the flip out of it, I love and plan to keep .

Fukinstoned

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 8, 2022
Gallery
British Columbia
Seriously though… all the people purchasing them for well over MSRP is most of the problem… yes it’s a hot car.. yes it’s what people want… BUT if they weren’t selling at said ridiculous prices then the dealers would lower the price… honestly I hope all the stealerships keep their inventory on their lots and loose hella money, I also hope Ford finally does something about it… I called every ford dealer from Vancouver to Toronto… most laughed that I was looking to get one for MSRP.. some even reached back out to me to try and sell their price jacked up ones still on their lot after months of being there… I found one at MSRP and cancelled my factory order that was rolled to a 23… after waiting a year!! (Also for MSRP) if people stop feeding into this crazy market adjustment and stealerships start to loose money then maybe just maybe it will come back to reality on pricing… sadly some people just don’t care about the price and just have to get it… I very much cared about the price and couldn’t really reach the stealership pricing, so I’m incredibly thankful to have found a decent dealership that worked with me to get my dream ride… this insanity must stop somewhere 🤷🏻‍♀️ or maybe ford can sell direct to consumers soon then these stealerships can drown 😊

fuhrius

Founding Member
Mar 12, 2022
Gallery
Los Gatos, CA
Seriously though… all the people purchasing them for well over MSRP is most of the problem… yes it’s a hot car.. yes it’s what people want… BUT if they weren’t selling at said ridiculous prices then the dealers would lower the price… honestly I hope all the stealerships keep their inventory on their lots and loose hella money, I also hope Ford finally does something about it… I called every ford dealer from Vancouver to Toronto… most laughed that I was looking to get one for MSRP.. some even reached back out to me to try and sell their price jacked up ones still on their lot after months of being there… I found one at MSRP and cancelled my factory order that was rolled to a 23… after waiting a year!! (Also for MSRP) if people stop feeding into this crazy market adjustment and stealerships start to loose money then maybe just maybe it will come back to reality on pricing… sadly some people just don’t care about the price and just have to get it… I very much cared about the price and couldn’t really reach the stealership pricing, so I’m incredibly thankful to have found a decent dealership that worked with me to get my dream ride… this insanity must stop somewhere 🤷🏻‍♀️ or maybe ford can sell direct to consumers soon then these stealerships can drown 😊
All this bitching and moaning about dealers asking (and getting) over MSRP is laughable to me. If people don't like the price, they shouldn't buy it. Pretty simple. When people buy vehicles that aren't in high demand and they're asking dealers to sell for little-to-no profit, no one is calling the customer a 'stealer'. It's total hypocrisy....especially for people who are one-time only buyers at a given dealership...they think the dealership owes them some sort of duty or loyalty that they, themselves, don't pay to that dealer. A lot of people only want, want, want...but aren't ever willing to give.

So you agreed to buy one from one dealer, ordered it the way you wanted it (not necessarily the way someone else would want it), found something more appealing to you, and then bailed on your original commitment? And you're blasting 'stealerships' for selling limited quantity / desirable products to people who are willing to pay the (by definition) market clearing price? OK.

slicktop

Founding Member
Jul 28, 2022
florida
Current Ride
Ford Excursion .... diesel 4x4...
Current Ride #2
1974 Bronco candy apple red, white hard top
All this bitching and moaning about dealers asking (and getting) over MSRP is laughable to me. If people don't like the price, they shouldn't buy it. Pretty simple. When people buy vehicles that aren't in high demand and they're asking dealers to sell for little-to-no profit, no one is calling the customer a 'stealer'. It's total hypocrisy....especially for people who are one-time only buyers at a given dealership...they think the dealership owes them some sort of duty or loyalty that they, themselves, don't pay to that dealer. A lot of people only want, want, want...but aren't ever willing to give.

So you agreed to buy one from one dealer, ordered it the way you wanted it (not necessarily the way someone else would want it), found something more appealing to you, and then bailed on your original commitment? And you're blasting 'stealerships' for selling limited quantity / desirable products to people who are willing to pay the (by definition) market clearing price? OK.
I think it's safe to say no one wants to pay exorbitated prices, in my case after waiting 2.3 years was one of the first couple hundred to receive delivery. So, at that point in time everyone was scrambling to buy, and I wasn't willing to relinquish after such a wait. In the beginning of deliveries people were paying upwards of 140K then slowly subsided now to 90-95k and some even less. My ford rep said one day not too far from now they plan to eliminate sales from dealerships, and you will order online, and vehicle will be delivered to your home. Dealerships will be for service & parts only.

Panhead

Founding Member
Mar 28, 2022
Gallery
USA

Very well said and I absolutely agree……buncha babies bitching cause they can’t ALWAYS have it their way…..Have talked to very few braptor buyers/owners that are keeping them….a very high percentage want to flip them and there is no more juice cause the dealer got it…..do your research, work with a good dealer, be kind and maybe you too will get one at or below MSRP.

Fukinstoned

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 8, 2022
Gallery
British Columbia

After waiting a year and the dealer expressed it would be within x time frame having a deal at x price etc then not having the commitment from said dealer on timing nor price… yes I opted to go through a different dealer, I am not reselling nor trying to make a profit.. I wanted this beast for me, it’s my daily driver and I love it so yeah I can absolutely blast all the shit dealers out there trying to rape customers to line their pockets… sounds to me like you work for one of them stealerships! Great for you pay your mark up! Or steal from people however you want to look at it… 😉✌🏻 everyone is entitled to their opinion! I am thankful there are good dealers out there!

Last edited:

fuhrius

Founding Member
Mar 12, 2022
Gallery
Los Gatos, CA
I’m considering putting mine for sale. I paid over sticker but it’s loaded Cactus Grey MSRP 82k+ and just put on Nitto Tires and Rhino Textured Grey Wheels. I’m thinking 115,000 is a good price considering I paid 20k over.
After waiting a year and the dealer expressed it would be within x time frame having a deal at x price etc then not having the commitment from said dealer on timing nor price… yes I opted to go through a different dealer, I am not reselling nor trying to make a profit.. I wanted this beast for me, it’s my daily driver and I love it so yeah I can absolutely blast all the shit dealers out there trying to rape customers to line their pockets… sounds to me like you work for one of them stealerships! Great for you pay your mark up! Or steal from people however you want to look at it… 😉✌🏻 everyone is entitled to their opinion! I am thankful there are good dealers out there!
'Lining their pockets' is what they do...they're businesses. Some choose to charge what people are willing to pay and some choose to cap that at the, rather arbitrary, MSRP number. That's not stealing...just like when people buy vehicles that aren't in such demand at below MSRP...they're not stealing either.

(an interesting fact from NADA data is that the average US car dealership, irrespective of brand, does not make a profit in the new car sales area)

FWIW, your conjecture is incorrect. I don't work at a dealership. I'm just a loyal customer of an excellent dealership (President's Award-type store). That dealership, btw, never charges ADM on any vehicle...no matter how rare, to anyone...no matter their buying history or potential.

fuhrius

Founding Member
Mar 12, 2022
Gallery
Los Gatos, CA
My ford rep said one day not too far from now they plan to eliminate sales from dealerships, and you will order online, and vehicle will be delivered to your home. Dealerships will be for service & parts only.
Don't believe everything your Ford Rep says. That idea, and many derivatives thereof, such as factory-owned stores (and Ford has tried that one, btw) has been on the table for decades. 'Ford Reps' are often the youngest / least experienced people at Ford, btw...I'm not knocking them...I was, proudly, one of them at one point...but that's where most sales / marketing folks at Ford start their careers. Their historical perspective is, often, lacking...so when they suggest that things as major as this are 'right around the corner,' take that with a grain of salt.

SteelBronco

Founding Member
Oct 24, 2021
Gallery
Western Maryland
Current Ride
Bronco
Don't believe everything your Ford Rep says. That idea, and many derivatives thereof, such as factory-owned stores (and Ford has tried that one, btw) has been on the table for decades. 'Ford Reps' are often the youngest / least experienced people at Ford, btw...I'm not knocking them...I was, proudly, one of them at one point...but that's where most sales / marketing folks at Ford start their careers. Their historical perspective is, often, lacking...so when they suggest that things as major as this are 'right around the corner,' take that with a grain of salt.
So wait... you was a Ford Rep or you could do four reps? Which is it cause I'm starting to get confused with all of this nonsense talk???? Then add salt to the spaghetti?? Right???? 🤣🤣

Top Member Reactions