Dealer Markup

Porque No

Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
San Antonio, TX
I wanted to survey this group to see what you are hearing from your dealers. I am a Day 1 reservation and was lucky enough to get a Golden Ticket. My Raptor is built with expected delivery July 30th. My dealer has told me that there will be a $25k markup over sticker if I want to take delivery. They have several allocated but are treating my reservation the same as their retail allocation. Just curious what, if any, your dealer is looking for?

Cupholders

Founding Member
Mar 10, 2022
Gallery
Mass
Military
Army & Air National Guard
Current Ride
Jeep Rubicon
You have anything in writing from when you placed order?

braptor0074

Founding Member
Jun 5, 2022
Gallery
Pennsylvania
Unfortunately no. When I placed my order the GM was actually irritated with Ford that they even gave allocations of Raptor to reservation holders.
I have golden ticket and my order indicated a dealer markup of 5k. My dealer indicated they are only allocated 1 braptor.

Last edited:

widnere12

Founding Member
Mar 1, 2022
Gallery
Atlanta
I wanted to survey this group to see what you are hearing from your dealers. I am a Day 1 reservation and was lucky enough to get a Golden Ticket. My Raptor is built with expected delivery July 30th. My dealer has told me that there will be a $25k markup over sticker if I want to take delivery. They have several allocated but are treating my reservation the same as their retail allocation. Just curious what, if any, your dealer is looking for?
I'm getting $0 markup.

DdYHrse

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Feb 15, 2022
Gallery
Dallas, TX
I was told about the same thing originally and that I would have to pay a $20k mark-up even though I received a golden ticket. If you didn’t have an early reservation and got that golden ticket your dealer would have one less bronco raptor allocation and one less vehicle to sell. Ford gave you that allocation and it isn’t the dealers technically. At least that is the way I see it. I was able talk them out of the ADM because of that. Call Ford and see if you can get anything done. When I talked to them they told me that the golden tickets were not meant to punish early reservation holders. They can’t do a lot, but they did tell me they have the ability to limit special vehicle allocations to dealerships. Not that they will do it, but it may help to try and put your dealer on blast. That kind of money is worth a fight. As soon as I was told this by my dealer I called their sister location and asked if they charged mark-ups on broncos and told them my story and they said to bring it over to them instead. I didn’t end up doing it and it was really only a fact check mission because they said it was a “dealership policy”. Basically use any leverage you can find and if they do drop the mark-up get your price in writing. Good luck. I know how you feel.

Superman78

Founding Member
Jul 6, 2022
Gallery
California
My dealer does not mark up Golden Ticket holders, but does on the others that they are allocated.
Same here at my dealership location! Finding out about these mark up surprises on this blog, I immediately contacted my dealerships Bronco representative that's been working with me since day 1. He said their policy is to honor any reservations at MSRP. I want to encourage anyone that doesn't know what they will be paying for their Bronco Raptor, to reach out to their dealer or sales representative and start a conversation! If you feel awkward about it, thats okay... Remember, they have these type of conversations all the time! Good luck! 👍

fuhrius

Founding Member
Mar 12, 2022
Gallery
Los Gatos, CA
My dealer doesn't charge anyone ADM on anything (including stuff that's more rare than the BRaptor).
They're also a 'one price' store...they assign a price to each vehicle and don't haggle.

OP
P

Porque No

Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
San Antonio, TX
I was told about the same thing originally and that I would have to pay a $20k mark-up even though I received a golden ticket. If you didn’t have an early reservation and got that golden ticket your dealer would have one less bronco raptor allocation and one less vehicle to sell. Ford gave you that allocation and it isn’t the dealers technically. At least that is the way I see it. I was able talk them out of the ADM because of that. Call Ford and see if you can get anything done. When I talked to them they told me that the golden tickets were not meant to punish early reservation holders. They can’t do a lot, but they did tell me they have the ability to limit special vehicle allocations to dealerships. Not that they will do it, but it may help to try and put your dealer on blast. That kind of money is worth a fight. As soon as I was told this by my dealer I called their sister location and asked if they charged mark-ups on broncos and told them my story and they said to bring it over to them instead. I didn’t end up doing it and it was really only a fact check mission because they said it was a “dealership policy”. Basically use any leverage you can find and if they do drop the mark-up get your price in writing. Good luck. I know how you feel.
Thanks….I tried the early reservation thing and it didn’t work. I have another dealer that will sell it to me at MSRP but Ford won’t let me switch the reservation. From the dealers point of view, they felt screwed when a bunch of First Editions were sold at MSRP and were sold by the new owner for big markup. I will keep trying until it hits the lot at the end of the month.

DRHeil

Founding Member
Mar 20, 2022
Gallery
WCMN
My golden ticket braptor got me a sit down with the gm to agree on a price! They started at 20k adm because thats what the allocation was could be sold for to other dealerships. I said no way and that they could cancel the other 2 f series pickups that I had ordered and I would take all of my current vehicles to different service locations and tell everyone I know how this deal was going! I said I want the braptor so figure out a solution! They came back with 5k and they want 75% financed. I said ok to 5k because I felt pressured that I was going to lose my golden ticket. I have been saving for 2years now to purchase a bronco and don’t want to finance at high interest rates so that will be interesting when paperwork begins. I will send a formal complaint to ford after I have the keys and might not ever buy a vehicle in my home town again!

OP
P

Porque No

Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
San Antonio, TX
My golden ticket braptor got me a sit down with the gm to agree on a price! They started at 20k adm because thats what the allocation was could be sold for to other dealerships. I said no way and that they could cancel the other 2 f series pickups that I had ordered and I would take all of my current vehicles to different service locations and tell everyone I know how this deal was going! I said I want the braptor so figure out a solution! They came back with 5k and they want 75% financed. I said ok to 5k because I felt pressured that I was going to lose my golden ticket. I have been saving for 2years now to purchase a bronco and don’t want to finance at high interest rates so that will be interesting when paperwork begins. I will send a formal complaint to ford after I have the keys and might not ever buy a vehicle in my home town again!
Thanks. I would probably be in at 5k. I will try to see if there is any room for negotiation when it gets to dealership but I have had no luck so far. I may and see if financing makes a difference and then just pay it off 1st month.

bmsehlke

Founding Member
Feb 15, 2022
Gallery
San Antonio
You can always finance with them and then turn around and pay it off or refinance through another bank with better rates. The dealerships get a cut of the financing deal….. but I think as long as you close the deal and make 3 months payments, the dealership gets their financing cut. Make sure there’s no pre-payment penalty on the loan, and pay it off after 3 months of financing. It might cost you an extra $100 interest, but if it gets the deal done and everyone’s happy, sometimes it’s worth it. I’ve done this on a purchase from Ford back in 2017 and they had a $500 rebate for financing with Ford. Cost me a couple hundred $ interest extra, but after 3 months I transferred
To my credit union and still came out ahead.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Unfortunately no. When I placed my order the GM was actually irritated with Ford that they even gave allocations of Raptor to reservation holders.
Thanks….I tried the early reservation thing and it didn’t work. I have another dealer that will sell it to me at MSRP but Ford won’t let me switch the reservation. From the dealers point of view, they felt screwed when a bunch of First Editions were sold at MSRP and were sold by the new owner for big markup. I will keep trying until it hits the lot at the end of the month.
Thanks. I would probably be in at 5k. I will try to see if there is any room for negotiation when it gets to dealership but I have had no luck so far. I may and see if financing makes a difference and then just pay it off 1st month.
I would remind your salesman/dealership in a kind way, if it wasn't for your efforts and $100 deposit to obtain an early Bronco reservation they wouldn't have the opportunity to order and sell you your Bronco Raptor. As others above have stated, you brought them the allocation and sale. BTW, my dealer is MSRP or less on all new Ford vehicles as with many other dealers. Unfortunately Ford isn't allowing you to move your BR allocation to another dealer, so keep in mind it's always best to be liked by your dealer.

Tantz

Founding Member
Jul 11, 2022
dc
Current Ride
Bronco
I would remind your salesman/dealership in a kind way, if it wasn't for your efforts and $100 deposit to obtain an early Bronco reservation they wouldn't have the opportunity to order and sell you your Bronco Raptor. As others above have stated, you brought them the allocation and sale. BTW, my dealer is MSRP or less on all new Ford vehicles as with many other dealers. Unfortunately Ford isn't allowing you to move your BR allocation to another dealer, so keep in mind it's always best to be liked by your dealer.
Not a golden ticket holder but was able to get one of 4 allocated BR's at my local dealer. Paying a 30K DM and, in the contract, added language to not exceed 30k. I actually bought my current Bronco Outer Banks from the same dealer and was first on the list for the BR reservation. When I pushed back on the 30k DM, the sales manager indicated that if I was unwilling to pay the mark-up, that there was a line of other buyers willing to do so and I believe him. I can back out of the contract and get my 3k deposit back but not likely at this point. The dealer is offering me 12k over what I paid for my current bronco so I understand and don't blame them for the Dealer Markup.

It's a Rap

Founding Member
May 24, 2022
Gallery
CA
Current Ride
FORD
Not a golden ticket holder but was able to get one of 4 allocated BR's at my local dealer. Paying a 30K DM and, in the contract, added language to not exceed 30k. I actually bought my current Bronco Outer Banks from the same dealer and was first on the list for the BR reservation. When I pushed back on the 30k DM, the sales manager indicated that if I was unwilling to pay the mark-up, that there was a line of other buyers willing to do so and I believe him. I can back out of the contract and get my 3k deposit back but not likely at this point. The dealer is offering me 12k over what I paid for my current bronco so I understand and don't blame them for the Dealer Markup.
Hello Tantz,

thanks for that info this is very helpful. I seen different dealers charging different amounts for people who didn't receive the golden ticket although its around the area your paying. I wonder if the location of the dealership has any bearing of what the amount(of course the lack of inventory is the main reason) will be charged over the MRSP.

Teamlions

Founding Member
Jul 12, 2022
Holly Springs, NC
Current Ride
Ininfiti QX70
Current Ride #2
Infiniti QX60
As mentioned in my previous post, I had to pay this same $ 25 K market adjustment ... this is no surprise same supply and demand mark up right now, just like buying a house. Bottom line I'm still very happy ... its a remarkable vehicle and I feel blessed knowing one day I'll (hopefully!) get one.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Welcome to BroncoRaptor.com and Congrats on your obtaining your order. I think most of us here after a 2 year wait can't wait to say: "it's worth twice the price!"

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Hello Tantz,

thanks for that info this is very helpful. I seen different dealers charging different amounts for people who didn't receive the golden ticket although its around the area your paying. I wonder if the location of the dealership has any bearing of what the amount(of course the lack of inventory is the main reason) will be charged over the MRSP.
Welcome to BroncoRaptor.com, there is enough BR info on this site to hopefully assist you in scoring your BR order.

Top Member Reactions