Extended "In Production" status

Al The Pal

Founding Member
Mar 20, 2022
Gallery
TN
So, I was bumped 4 times but the last bump target of 8/1 build week held for about 5-6 weeks and was accurate based on tracking information available. Status updated to "In Production" on 8/1 and modules populated on 8/2 but status is still "In Production". I'm assuming there's something with my build that is holding completion up. So, the waiting game continues.

Just another "Hey, I'm getting progress" and then wait... I'm very excited and hopeful that some members begin to see BRaptors arrive at dealerships! I'm hoping for you early guys and then maybe the rest of us will fall in behind. Good luck! Have a good weekend, guys.

-Alan, TN

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
So, I was bumped 4 times but the last bump target of 8/1 build week held for about 5-6 weeks and was accurate based on tracking information available. Status updated to "In Production" on 8/1 and modules populated on 8/2 but status is still "In Production". I'm assuming there's something with my build that is holding completion up. So, the waiting game continues.

Just another "Hey, I'm getting progress" and then wait... I'm very excited and hopeful that some members begin to see BRaptors arrive at dealerships! I'm hoping for you early guys and then maybe the rest of us will fall in behind. Good luck! Have a good weekend, guys.

-Alan, TN
Your situation is more the rule than the exception...

Cupholders

Founding Member
Mar 10, 2022
Gallery
Mass
Military
Army & Air National Guard
Current Ride
Jeep Rubicon

-Alan, TN
I think all the built ones are still “in production”

Ranger345

Founding Member
Jan 6, 2022
Gallery
Gretna ne
I don't know about you guys but I'm a sept 28 build date and I hope it gets pushed back and delayed. For one I won't get the vehicle delivered in the winter time and two I can save up more money. As long as I have the order and the Vin number I don't give a flying F.

Cupholders

Founding Member
Mar 10, 2022
Gallery
Mass
Military
Army & Air National Guard
Current Ride
Jeep Rubicon
I don't know about you guys but I'm a sept 28 build date and I hope it gets pushed back and delayed. For one I won't get the vehicle delivered in the winter time and two I can save up more money. As long as I have the order and the Vin number I don't give a flying F.
I’m sure I’ll get mine just in time to store it for the winter. I started saving when I reserved two years ago, so that worked out well

OP
A

Al The Pal

Founding Member
Mar 20, 2022
Gallery
TN
I think all the built ones are still “in production”
Cupholders, thanks. That's what I wasn't sure of, but assumed possible. I also saw this on another forum yesterday. I may check with my dealer tomorrow to see if they see anything that it's lacking...if they can.

SteelBronco

Founding Member
Oct 24, 2021
Gallery
Western Maryland
Current Ride
Bronco
I don't have a production date yet and now I'm not so sure it isn't better to get a 23' with the new top. Who knows, I'll still gladly and preferably take my 22 I was promised.

slicktop

Founding Member
Jul 28, 2022
florida
Current Ride
Ford Excursion .... diesel 4x4...
Current Ride #2
1974 Bronco candy apple red, white hard top
I don't have a production date yet and now I'm not so sure it isn't better to get a 23' with the new top. Who knows, I'll still gladly and preferably take my 22 I was promised.
I don't know about the new top in 23, can someone in the know fill me in?
Thx

slicktop

Founding Member
Jul 28, 2022
florida
Current Ride
Ford Excursion .... diesel 4x4...
Current Ride #2
1974 Bronco candy apple red, white hard top
This is the painted Modular Top that was introduced with the Bronco launch in 2020, but due to production issues was pushed to 2023 availability.
Okay thanks, bummer that's the top I wanted in 2020 and as you stated there was a fit and finish problem with vender, according to ford.

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
Do we know if there's a set date yet where if your order hasn't been built it switches to MY23?
Balance Out is end of October (I think the final build date for MY22 is around October 28, give or take). But the scheduling will happen in advance of that. So far there have been builds scheduled deep into September. The next round of scheduling (for October weeks) will likely be towards the end of August, but that's not written in stone. Whenever it is, if orders don't get scheduled by then, a changeover to MY23 will have to occur.

Apache 8

Founding Member
Feb 18, 2022
SoCal
Balance Out is end of October (I think the final build date for MY22 is around October 28, give or take). But the scheduling will happen in advance of that. So far there have been builds scheduled deep into September. The next round of scheduling (for October weeks) will likely be towards the end of August, but that's not written in stone. Whenever it is, if orders don't get scheduled by then, a changeover to MY23 will have to occur.
It is my understanding that Ford already pushed back the deadline on the Maverick for '22 orders and that it is being speculated that a similar course of action might occur with Bronco. So at this point it is at least a possibility that the changeover could be later than normal.

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
It is my understanding that Ford already pushed back the deadline on the Maverick for '22 orders and that it is being speculated that a similar course of action might occur with Bronco. So at this point it is at least a possibility that the changeover could be later than normal.
There was an official release of info to dealers today that pushed back the opening of MY23 ordering (with tons of constraints and complexities) by about 4 weeks to Sept 12. In that release, they indicated that MY23 scheduling will start at the end of Sept. So of course, the Balance Out date could shift to the right a little bit, but not much. Maybe a couple weeks at most (mid-Nov at the latest).

Slavik

Founding Member
May 31, 2022
South Florida
Current Ride
waiting on my Bronco Raptor
mine is saying in production 8/3/22 but I don't see anything about any modules or anything as OP stated? is there another link for more detailed info?

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
mine is saying in production 8/3/22 but I don't see anything about any modules or anything as OP stated? is there another link for more detailed info?
The link to view module status is this one: https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt

Enter your VIN and the 3-letter Captcha and you'll see if the modules have been populated (only BCE modules matter).

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
thank you, I have nothing under PCM modules but a long list under BCE modules
That's a good sign. PCM will never populate...old software vestige perhaps. But if you have BCE module showing data, and a 4-character Tear Tag, then your Raptor has likely finish going thru the main assembly line. Pending any accessory or trim additions, it will then sit in a MAP holding lot until they all get released.

Top Member Reactions