Features the BRaptor lost (gained a ton) from Bronco

luterdan

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
Jacksonville, FL
So from what i have read, we are losing the ability to store the doors in the back neatly - not sure how often I would have used this.
Also losing some top options because of the 2 support beams - not sure if we will get a soft top or anything.
No 2 door option
No Manual transmission option

Is there anything else that people have heard that is "missing" from BRaptor that Bronco has?

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
I didn't know about the door storage, would be nice to have the bags anyways to pull off and store in garage. I highly doubt I would remove the doors, but if I did I would want the bags. Guessing it will be after purchase accessory.

CVSJR

Founding Member
Feb 5, 2022
Gallery
Freehold NJ
For some reason the tubular doors are not available for the Raptor model, not sure why or if they will be available from accessories. No doubt aftermarket will offer them at some point.

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
For some reason the tubular doors are not available for the Raptor model, not sure why or if they will be available from accessories. No doubt aftermarket will offer them at some point.
I guessing it has something to do with the fact that part of the rear fender is attached to the rear door. Some re-engineering might be needed.

OP
luterdan

luterdan

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
Jacksonville, FL
I guessing it has something to do with the fact that part of the rear fender is attached to the rear door. Some re-engineering might be needed.
The doors are the same size just the plastic extension afaik is on the door to keep the fender shape

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
I was bummed to hear about the tubular doors as well. I wonder if a set of standard tubular doors from the Bronco would work? Maybe they don't recommend them on the Bronco Raptor because of a rigidity concern or if it's something more than that?

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
I was bummed to hear about the tubular doors as well. I wonder if a set of standard tubular doors from the Bronco would work? Maybe they don't recommend them on the Bronco Raptor because of a rigidity concern or if it's something more than that?
Without that fender piece in place on the rear door, debris/mud/dirt would shoot up into the cabin.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
Without that fender piece in place on the rear door, debris/mud/dirt would shoot up into the cabin.
It seems like that happens on the standard Bronco with Sasquatch anyways. My doors get sprayed with mud and rocks as it is. I think the Bronco Raptor has better front fender protection than the current Broncos do.

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
It seems like that happens on the standard Bronco with Sasquatch anyways. My doors get sprayed with mud and rocks as it is. I think the Bronco Raptor has better front fender protection than the current Broncos do.
That is true, but I’m talking about spray from the rear, not the front.

There might be an easy solution, like a AM mounted flap/flange. But I wouldn’t get rear tube doors until that was sorted out.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Good point, could simply be a safety concern or another government vehicle requirement that involves safety.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Just noticed this photo, test vehicles

Tube door photo's replaced by link to existing thread already in this forum.

Thread w/photo's from member SuperVinci

Last edited:

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
Just noticed this photo, test vehicles
View attachment 541

View attachment 543
Yeah, these photos starting hitting various forums a day or two ago. Clearly the fender piece on rear door is not a limiting factor for installing tube doors. Still lots of mud/debris protection there with the door off. So, I'm still wondering why the tube doors were not offered for Raptor. Maybe they have to complete some federally mandated safety testing? Maybe it's another GVWR issue? Who knows...

However I do like the look of that Cyber Orange raptor with the tube doors! Very nice!!

Top Member Reactions