Odonnks

Feb 3, 2023
Gallery
PA
Current Ride
2017 Ford F350
Current Ride #2
2023 Bronco Raptor coming soon
Are the fender vents removable? I’ve see a few that were wrapped or painted black and thought it made for a nice look.

Thank you

Are the fender vents removable? I’ve see a few that were wrapped or painted black and thought it made for a nice look.

Thank you
Welcome to BroncoRaptor.com! 🍻 Yes, front fender vents are removable, I would recommend having wrapped in black PPF or a black vinyl making for easy reversal later if desired. There is a member here that also had his done in black on each individual wing of the vents.

Thank you!

Love the look as well, but wonder how the heat venting out will affect the vinyl over time.
I’ve got my concerns but heck it’s vinyl, if it doesn’t work out or if I get tired of it I’ll try something else.

that said, it appears to be a tricky wrap and heat is not your friend. So far so good, but the vinyl almost certainly has a use by date.

Tips on removal? like best place to start "popping" it out with one of those plastic trim tools? Don't want to end up with a bunch of broken clips.....
I wouldn't recommend any tool even plastic on the outside as you will likely damage the paint on the fender. You can access the front clip from inside the fender, to begin pushing outward. @JohnGalt has his removed by his PPF installer, maybe John has more insight on removal.
Love the look as well, but wonder how the heat venting out will affect the vinyl over time.
The Xpel black PPF will handle the heat without any issues, it's the same as their Ultimate clear PPF but in black. Not sure on the vinyl as I've never used it.

I wouldn't recommend any tool even plastic on the outside as you will likely damage the paint on the fender. You can access the front clip from inside the fender, to begin pushing outward. @JohnGalt has his removed by his PPF installer, maybe John has more insight on removal.

The Xpel black PPF will handle the heat without any issues, it's the same as their Ultimate clear PPF but in black. Not sure on the vinyl as I've never used it.
Sorry the installer popped it off quickly when I wasn’t looking, it was quick and easy for him after he originally thought it was bolted in.

Took a look under the hood. You can get to three top clips from the engine bay. Like most things in the engine bay, theyre a pain to work on without TurboS’ ”sky creeper”.

the black one is easy with your fingers, the other two need some encouragement with a small screwdriver. The challenge is getting in a position you can see them and reach them!

Edit: just remembered I got a shot at the installer with the vent off. Added.
BBAE2E1D-4066-427A-ACC6-9FBD3495F2EB.jpeg

0436CE11-0D67-4BC3-9E26-4763FD0326F9.jpeg
A38B4215-9934-4613-8804-F847E78538C6.jpeg

Took a look under the hood. You can get to three top clips from the engine bay. Like most things in the engine bay, theyre a pain to work on without TurboS’ ”sky creeper”.

the black one is easy with your fingers, the other two need some encouragement with a small screwdriver. The challenge is getting in a position you can see them and reach them!

Edit: just remembered I got a shot at the installer with the vent off. Added.
Wow, Excellent, thank you for posting as I have a feeling this "how to" will assist many to come.

i know i'm reviving an old thread here, but are you saying these can be removed and reinstalled without having to remove the fender flare?

Back