Ford Bronco Lineup to ditch factory navigation system

luterdan

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
Jacksonville, FL
I didn’t see your post. I also posted it Factory Nav is bad but comes in handy when not near cell phone service. I know ford pass was supposed to get better Nav including off road

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Hoping it's to be added back later, was looking forward to the trail system navigation concurrently with roadways.

Cupholders

Founding Member
Mar 10, 2022
Gallery
Mass
Military
Army & Air National Guard
Current Ride
Jeep Rubicon
Hoping it's to be added back later, was looking forward to the trail system navigation concurrently with roadways.
Story says it’s unlikely it can be added later. Maybe it will be offered again later but if you don’t get it, you can’t add it

Antimatter Blue

Founding Member
Feb 13, 2022
Gallery
Los Angeles
Every now and then, my wife still asks about the off road trail maps feature, and we get a good laugh out of it because Ford has been saying it’ll be ready any minute since 2019.

As for the Bronco’s navigation, there’s a difference between using the Ford navigation versus CarPlay. Namely the size of the screen. In CarPlay, the navigation is about two-thirds of the screen. In the Ford navigation, it’s a full screen, which is easier to read/scan quickly while doing other things like driving. Also no breadcrumbs in CarPlay.

In CarPlay, not even your passenger can type an address while driving, so you need to pull off the highway to enter/change the address. The Ford navigation, on the other hand, senses that the passenger seat is occupied and offers a prompt to confirm that the passenger is typing.

And CarPlay disconnects randomly sometimes.

My experience with the navigation in Bronco after about 8 months, is that the Ford navigation is considerably better than CarPlay. All we use is the Ford navigation.

We actually dropped the Lux package on the Raptor because of the lack of navigation.

Last edited:

Cupholders

Founding Member
Mar 10, 2022
Gallery
Mass
Military
Army & Air National Guard
Current Ride
Jeep Rubicon
Every now and then, my wife still asks about the off road trail maps feature, and we get a good laugh out of it because Ford has been saying it’ll be ready any minute since 2019.

As for the Bronco’s navigation, there’s a difference between using the Ford navigation versus CarPlay. Namely the size of the screen. In CarPlay, the navigation is about two-thirds of the screen. In the Ford navigation, it’s a full screen, which is easier to read/scan quickly while doing other things like driving. Also no breadcrumbs in CarPlay.

In CarPlay, not even your passenger can type an address while driving, so you need to pull off the highway to enter/change the address. The Ford navigation, on the other hand, senses that the passenger seat is occupied and offers a prompt to confirm that the passenger is typing.

And CarPlay disconnects randomly sometimes.

My experience with the navigation in Bronco after about 8 months, is that the Ford navigation is considerably better than CarPlay. All we use is the Ford navigation.

We actually dropped the Lux package on the Raptor because of the lack of navigation.
I saw an article somewhere, not sure where, recently that said nav was NOT going away. You may want to research a bit before you give up on lux. I’ll see if I can find it

EDIT:

BRVOL

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
East TN
Military
US ARMY
Current Ride
2021 Subaru Outback Onyx XT
Current Ride #2
2002 BMW 1150RT
Just read the story on Carscoops. I do use my iPhone a lot for navigation in my current car but am also glad it does have navigation built in. I have not used Ford's navigation in a few years but am glad it will still be included. We are getting close and will soon know if anything is cut on our Bronco Raptors. The first build date is a month out.

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Sure hope the CARscoops article is correct, but I'm curious as to the source of the original "no nav" statement. Does seem odd it's been on Ford Authority yet Ford has not issued a correction statement. I also thought it was odd that Ford refunded $100 for the sticker delete, yet didn't mention a refund, or later addition, for the nav. Reading the original article again, it does sound like a bit of speculation.

Last edited:

BRVOL

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2022
Gallery
East TN
Military
US ARMY
Current Ride
2021 Subaru Outback Onyx XT
Current Ride #2
2002 BMW 1150RT
Sure hope the CARscoops article is correct, but I'm curious as to the source of the original "no nav" statement. Does seem odd it's been on Ford Authority yet Ford has not issued as correction statement. I also thought it was odd that Ford refunded $100 for the sticker delete, yet didn't mention a refund, or later addition, for the nav. Reading the original article again, it does sound like a bit of speculation.
I looked up Jiyan Cadiz and he is the Manager North American passenger vehicle communications at Ford Motor Company so if the article is true then it came from a very good source at Ford. Hopefully there won't be any more changes or possible changes in the next month. If all goes well the first Bronco Raptors will be built the week of 5/9. SO hopefully mid May we will see first deliveries.

Top Member Reactions