Ford Bronco Raptor To Get Unique Off-Roadeo Adjacent Experience

Published on Ford Authority August 19, 2022
By Brett Foote

Article copied below, courtesy reference link to original article on Ford Authority.

1661204052384.png

Since its debut, Ford has been rapidly expanding its Bronco Off-Roadeo experience, adding additional dates, locations, and a special women-only installment that just took place earlier this month. Initially only open to reservation and order holders, the Bronco Off-Roadeo recently expanded to anyone that wants to attend with the new 4xFun class, and now, Ford North America Product Communications director Mike Levine has announced that the Ford Bronco Raptor will be getting its own unique Off-Roadeo adjacent experience, too.

1661204898618.png

1661204125118.png

“We’re expanding Bronco Off-Roadeo in 2023 with an all-new Bronco Raptor adventure playground! Location to be announced later,” Levine wrote on Twitter. It makes perfect sense that the Ford Bronco Raptor will be getting its own Off-Roadeo experience, given the fact that it’s the most capable version of the rugged SUV to date. Additionally, the Ford F-150 Raptor already has its special school as well known as the Raptor Assault.

1661204177755.png

Fresh off a successful reveal and a host of positive reviews, the Ford Bronco Raptor sold out quickly after it launched in limited quantities earlier this year. That news didn’t come as a huge surprise given the fact that Ford gave first dibs for the Bronco Raptor to existing reservation holders whose SUVs had yet to be built or that had not yet taken delivery of their vehicle.

1661204219176.png

The Ford Bronco Raptor comes equipped with the twin-turbocharged Ford 3.0L V6 EcoBoost powerplant, which is rated to produce 418 horsepower and 440 pound-feet of torque. It’s also fitted with a host of additional upgrades including Fox shocks with live-valve technology, beefier Dana front and rear differentials, and 37-inch tires, to name just a few.

We’ll have more on the Bronco Raptor Off-Roadeo soon, so be sure and subscribe to Ford Authority for more Ford Bronco news, Bronco Raptor news, and non-stop Ford news coverage.

TCopp

Founding Member
Feb 27, 2022
Gallery
KC
Current Ride
Raptor
First Responder
Paramedic
Watch it be another year plus for the official details.

Al The Pal

Founding Member
Mar 20, 2022
Gallery
TN
Awesome news! I just booked a Moab OffRoadeo for October and wondered if I should wait. However, I can take my 12yr old son with me to the normal, not so with the Raptor version (if they follow the rules with Raptor Assault). Maybe I'll find a way to sneak into the Raptor version next year.

OP
TurboS

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Watch it be another year plus for the official details.
Let's hope not and Ford already has the fleet of media test vehicles, need location and facilities.

Like most of us, been waiting for this announcement, and I'm ready to go!
I also Really like the idea of learning Off-Roading with "Ford's" Bronco Raptor, maybe signup for the annually program. :giggle:

OP
TurboS

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Awesome news! I just booked a Moab OffRoadeo for October and wondered if I should wait. However, I can take my 12yr old son with me to the normal, not so with the Raptor version (if they follow the rules with Raptor Assault). Maybe I'll find a way to sneak into the Raptor version next year.
I hope to also do the Moab Off-Roadeo someday, I've heard and read all good with that location.

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
I hope to also do the Moab Off-Roadeo someday, I've heard and read all good with that location.
Moab is indeed awesome (well...maybe not at this precise moment given all the flooding issues). I'm hoping the Braptor event takes place somewhere in Utah.

OP
TurboS

TurboS

Staff member
Founding Member
Feb 24, 2022
Gallery
Michigan
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Moab is indeed awesome (well...maybe not at this precise moment given all the flooding issues). I'm hoping the Braptor event takes place somewhere in Utah.
Just checked out the Raptor Assault which I didn't realize is also in Utah, I would be in for that location. Would make economic sense to utilize the same Ford Performance facility, instructors, etc...

Wonder if we have any members here that's attended Raptor Assault?

Ironmike

Founding Member
Feb 17, 2022
Gallery
California
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2021 Rubicon JLU
Just checked out the Raptor Assault which I didn't realize is also in Utah, I would be in for that location. Would make economic sense to utilize the same Ford Performance facility, instructors, etc...

That's the place I've been looking at. Posted stuff about it several months ago. Logical location for the Bronco Raptor event.

Al The Pal

Founding Member
Mar 20, 2022
Gallery
TN

I did the Raptor Assault in 2019...amazing experience. It's great getting some suggestions/guidance on all the technical options with the Raptor but the biggest takeaway for me was how robust the design is. I asked the team there about maintenance and they said all they do is typical oil changes, no serious hardware wear/deficiencies they've seen. You'll be going 20-25mph over stuff that normal vehicles wouldn't do 5mph on...and that's just to get to the mountain trails, then the real fun and beauty begins. There's also a course for tilt/climb/jump area which is just plain fun. Great time and I would expect similar experience from Ford Performance with the Bronco Raptor event.

fuhrius

Founding Member
Mar 12, 2022
Gallery
Los Gatos, CA

I did it back in 2017. It was in Tooele, UT at the Miller Motorsports (now Utah Motorsports Campus)...that's where they'd done the Boss 302, GT350, and Focus RS schools as well (I attended all of those as well). It's a a great racetrack if you're into that sort of thing (I am). It was a good program...they've all been good 9including OffRoadeo (which I did in Vegas)...so I'll expect nothing less from the BRaptor program.

Top Member Reactions