ForScan OBD LINK Anyone used this on the Raptor?

raptorlarson

Jan 3, 2023
Arizona
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
Hi All! Love love love my new Bronco Raptor. It's everything I felt my Sasquatch was missing... When I purchased my first Bronco Sasquatch I programed the OBD with the forscan software to deactivate the horrible horn honk when exiting the truck with the key in pocket, full time deactivated the auto start stop and ect... I pluged the same unit into my new raptor Bronco and I am receiving an error that this truck in not in the data base and may have a custom software...

Has anyone used Forscan on the Raptor?

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
I'm also curious if anyone else has used the FORScan on the Bronco Raptor. The horn honk when I'm getting out to check the mail is awful and I can't wait to remove that feature!

TCopp

Founding Member
Feb 27, 2022
Gallery
KC
Current Ride
Raptor
First Responder
Paramedic
I have. There are threads on how to do it and what lines to change on Bronco6G. Not all of them work though, I guess because Raptor's are different. I was able to get rid of the double honk. I also made it so the lights do not automatically go back to autolamps everytime you turn the Bronco on and off, it goes to the last setting.

I could not get the auto start/stop deleted, the door ajar chime, or the in-key ignition chime to work (aka, turn off). The lines of code on these values are different in the Braptor. I probably need to go over to the F150 Raptor forum to look there and see if they have a ForScan thread and check.

Here is the link for the Bronco ForScan spreadsheet.

OP
R

raptorlarson

Jan 3, 2023
Arizona
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
I have. There are threads on how to do it and what lines to change on Bronco6G. Not all of them work though, I guess because Raptor's are different. I was able to get rid of the double honk. I also made it so the lights do not automatically go back to autolamps everytime you turn the Bronco on and off, it goes to the last setting.

I could not get the auto start/stop deleted, the door ajar chime, or the in-key ignition chime to work (aka, turn off). The lines of code on these values are different in the Braptor. I probably need to go over to the F150 Raptor forum to look there and see if they have a ForScan thread and check.

Here is the link for the Bronco ForScan spreadsheet.
What OBD connector did you use? I am using the same one I used on my 2021 Bronco and FORSCAN is not reconizing the Bronco. Did you plug yours in and Forscan read the OBD right away?

TCopp

Founding Member
Feb 27, 2022
Gallery
KC
Current Ride
Raptor
First Responder
Paramedic
I used a used one I had lying around from my Mountaineer I bought in 2020. It is the OHP ELMconfig. I bought it from ebay, but it is on Amazon as well. Yeah, when I plug it in it recognized it pretty fast.

OP
R

raptorlarson

Jan 3, 2023
Arizona
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
I used a used one I had lying around from my Mountaineer I bought in 2020. It is the OHP ELMconfig. I bought it from ebay, but it is on Amazon as well. Yeah, when I plug it in it recognized it pretty fast.
I purchased a new adapter and I still receiving the same error that there is a custom tune installed. So strange. I am running the latest forscan as well. Anyone else seeing this?

TCopp

Founding Member
Feb 27, 2022
Gallery
KC
Current Ride
Raptor
First Responder
Paramedic
Custom tune? I didn’t see that on mine.

xandao72

Apr 22, 2023
Gallery
North Andover, MA
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
I just disabled the double honk today, it was pretty painless. I used the OHP ELMconfig as well with the toggle switch, and did not read some of the modules, so I already got a new one on Amazon with automatic the switch. let see how this one works.

OP
R

raptorlarson

Jan 3, 2023
Arizona
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
I purchased a new module as well and still was not able to connect. I need to email forscan. I have a feeling its something to do with the software. Name one thing more annoying then the ford honk when you get out with the key in your pocket.

TheLawnDart

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 25, 2022
Gallery
Ft Worth
Military
Air Force
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
I purchased a new module as well and still was not able to connect. I need to email forscan. I have a feeling its something to do with the software. Name one thing more annoying then the ford honk when you get out with the key in your pocket.
I think the auto start is terrible. I have it on my 2022 palisade and don’t really care but in the bronco is bad. Not only is it a little embarrassing that the engine of what’s supposed to be a performance truck cuts off anytime you stop, I’ve had it cut the engine when I’m still at a slow roll. Very much looking forward to getting rid of that, the Bambi lights, and definitely the double honk.

xandao72

Apr 22, 2023
Gallery
North Andover, MA
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor

I've got one that Farscan suggest on Amazon and all the modules work. Vgate vLinker FS OBD2 USB Adapter for for-Scan HS/MS-CAN Auto Switch​

xandao72

Apr 22, 2023
Gallery
North Andover, MA
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
I think the auto start is terrible. I have it on my 2022 palisade and don’t really care but in the bronco is bad. Not only is it a little embarrassing that the engine of what’s supposed to be a performance truck cuts off anytime you stop, I’ve had it cut the engine when I’m still at a slow roll. Very much looking forward to getting rid of that, the Bambi lights, and definitely the double honk.
I agree with you! it is really annoying, I don't know with the regular Bronco but we have the auto start/stop button right underneath the radio the "A" button.
1683664635475.png

TheLawnDart

🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
Dec 25, 2022
Gallery
Ft Worth
Military
Air Force
Current Ride
Bronco Raptor
I agree with you! it is really annoying, I don't know with the regular Bronco but we have the auto start/stop button right underneath the radio the "A" button.View attachment 8125
It’s just annoying to press it (along with the 5 steering wheel acknowledgments) every time I start the car 😂

JohnGalt

Founding Member
🏆 BR of the Month 🏆
May 25, 2022
Gallery
Sacramento/Tahoe
Current Ride
2022 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2023 Land Rover Defender 110
I’ve found a good use for the Double Honk “feature”.

My buddy discovered he packed his keys away somewhere after loading his Bronco just prior to leaving camp this weekend.

I suggested he leave the truck running and start pulling out bags from the truck until he got a honk from the truck.

Voila! Hit pay dirt on the second bag! A quick TSA style rifling of that bag and we were on our way.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Sep 16, 2021
Gallery
FBG TX
Current Ride
2023 Bronco Raptor
Current Ride #2
2022 Ram TRX
I’ve found a good use for the Double Honk “feature”.

My buddy discovered he packed his keys away somewhere after loading his Bronco just prior to leaving camp this weekend.

I suggested he leave the truck running and start pulling out bags from the truck until he got a honk from the truck.

Voila! Hit pay dirt on the second bag! A quick TSA style rifling of that bag and we were on our way.
LOL brilliant!

Top Member Reactions